Rhapsody of the Seas for sale?

Can someone please give some input on what happens to those booked on a Rhapsody sailing if it does sell? I am booked May 2018 and after having several cruises chartered and now seeing this one for sale, I'm a bit apprehensive with RCCL ... seems they pull the rug out from under their customers far too often.

Thanks in advance,

Patty

Can someone please give some input on what happens to those booked on a Rhapsody sailing if it does sell? I am booked May 2018 and after having several cruises chartered and now seeing this one for sale, I'm a bit apprehensive with RCCL ... seems they pull the rug out from under their customers far too often.

Thanks in advance,

Patty

At the very least, they will give you the option for a full refund. Additionally, they could give you some choices of similar sailings (if there are any) on other ships at the same price you had on Rhapsody. They would also throw in some OBC if you chose one of the other sailings.

The sale will likely be late enough to lessen the affect on cruisers, but as with Legend there will be some issues. The cancellation will be like any other, they will offer minimal OBC and offer a replacement sailing on another ship around the same time.

Thanks Biker19 and Clarea,

This is exactly what I suspected, I'm a bit frustrated and questioning if I should bail on this sailing to make alternate vacation plans or take the gamble. This is the only Barcelona to Venice sailing so with airfare from the states at open jaw prices ... not so sure I'm willing to risk it. This is a real turn off and the third time I've had to rearrange travel plans because of RCCL's & Celebrities doings. :rolleyes:

Thanks Biker19 and Clarea,

This is exactly what I suspected, I'm a bit frustrated and questioning if I should bail on this sailing to make alternate vacation plans or take the gamble. This is the only Barcelona to Venice sailing so with airfare from the states at open jaw prices ... not so sure I'm willing to risk it. This is a real turn off and the third time I've had to rearrange travel plans because of RCCL's & Celebrities doings. :rolleyes:

The airfare is the real risk, because the best I've seen the cruse line do is give you something like a $200 allowance for airline change fee. However, that would only be given if you move to another cruise. If you cancel the cruise, then no allowance for air at all.

This is exactly what I suspected, I'm a bit frustrated and questioning if I should bail on this sailing to make alternate vacation plans or take the gamble.

I would certainly wait - that is more than a year away and I doubt they would sell it that soon. Also, if you bail you won't get anything.

Biker, who has doubts which ship, if any, will be sold.

We are booked on the 29/7/17 sailing from Venice and due to make final payment very soon....should I hold off making it

No, nothing will happen till late NEXT year at the earliest.

Biker, who can't believe people panic over a potential sale posting.

I would certainly wait - that is more than a year away and I doubt they would sell it that soon. Also, if you bail you won't get anything.

Biker, who has doubts which ship, if any, will be sold.

I would love to hang a "for sale" sign on Majesty and beg RCI to replace her with

Rhapsody instead. :)

At the very least, they will give you the option for a full refund. Additionally, they could give you some choices of similar sailings (if there are any) on other ships at the same price you had on Rhapsody. They would also throw in some OBC if you chose one of the other sailings.

I wonder at what date ROS will leave the RCL fleet. We are going on a very large ship this month but our first cruise was EOS and that seemed large enough for us. I hope OOS is not too big!

Of the Vision class ships, Rhapsody is our favorite!

If she does get sold could the new owner please bring her to the west coast? Would love to see her out of LA or SD, flip flopping with Alaska or coastal cruises...PLEASE!

NOOOoo ! Our Favorite :D

Bring her to east coast Sydney Australia :)

Trouble:halo:

I am willing to bet the older Grandeur is next to be sold, not Rhapsody.

RCL has been pretty stable with her sales in order of age ie. Sovereign, then Monarch, then Majesty (which the "sale" to Pulmantur was cancelled), then Splendour, then Legend. All in order of age. Maybe they'll move Vision over the Baltimore.

Grandeur was also advertised for sale about 3-4 years ago in a photo on this forum, but ended up being Splendour at the time about 6 months (?? I think about 6 months?) after the photo was posted.

I would love to hang a "for sale" sign on Majesty and beg RCI to replace her with

Rhapsody instead. :)

AMEN~ I wish they would just get rid of the not very majestic Majesty. It's such an inferior ship to all the other RCI ships with no specialty restaurants, no CL or DL, no solarium. Just stupid to get rid of the Rhapsody and keep the out dated Majesty.:mad:

AMEN~ I wish they would just get rid of the not very majestic Majesty. It's such an inferior ship to all the other RCI ships with no specialty restaurants, no CL or DL, no solarium. Just stupid to get rid of the Rhapsody and keep the out dated Majesty.:mad:

Maybe is it wahat they think they can sell in a lower tier marker vs. just selling a a breaker for scrap?

I am willing to bet the older Grandeur is next to be sold, not Rhapsody.

RCL has been pretty stable with her sales in order of age ie. Sovereign, then Monarch, then Majesty (which the "sale" to Pulmantur was cancelled), then Splendour, then Legend. All in order of age. Maybe they'll move Vision over the Baltimore.

Grandeur was also advertised for sale about 3-4 years ago in a photo on this forum, but ended up being Splendour at the time about 6 months (?? I think about 6 months?) after the photo was posted.

I was just reading your posts about your Hawaii cruise on the Radiance of the Seas in 2015. Quick question, you mention getting tender tickets from the DL to get off the ship early. What's the DL? Thanks.

I was just reading your posts about your Hawaii cruise on the Radiance of the Seas in 2015. Quick question, you mention getting tender tickets from the DL to get off the ship early. What's the DL? Thanks.

Diamond Lounge, if you are Diamond level or higher in Royal's loyalty program.

Unforgettable!!! My lovely wife and I were on Rhapsody from Ensanada to Honolulu in September 2007 for 10 nights......it was an unforgettable experience. So sorry Rhapsody will no longer in the fleet of RCI. Rhapsody is a beautiful ship so as others in RCI fleet.

Born-To-Cruise

Past Cruises: 12-RCI, 3-Carnival and 1-Celebrity

(funds permitting, always looking forward to great cruises)