Name on Beverage Cards?

Tiggipaws

Hello

Just wondering if they just put the surname on the beverage cards or full name?

Thanks

Good question - you made me think ;)

DH has his full name on his. Mine was slightly abbreviated (too long). These were the cards that I ordered in advance.

Beverage cards bought on board do not have names on them.

Edited to say - oops, looks like KK and I were typing at the same time.

• 6 months later...
Can you purchase the beverage cards 1 week before boarding? And have your name on them?

that's pretty tight. Not sure. The close off is 3 or 5 days before the cruise. (seems to vary)

I'd be tempted to do it two weeks before and you should be fine. JMO though.

o.k. I know this is somewhat wasteful but...

I buy beverage cards $100 at a time from any bar on board ship. Then I take it to the front desk and they reprint a card with my name on it. This makes me relax knowing that if they forget (which they sometimes do) to bring the card back to me in the dining room it is easy identifiable. Also they cannot switch the card in error at the bar. So you don't need to buy the card ahead of sailing.

oops. I see post too late! Maybe for next time...

Edited by SFO PETER
added

We each got a $25 beverage card as part of a cyber sale promotion before our last cruise. The cards were in our room when we boarded but for the first use they had to be "activated" which required scanning our key card along with the beverage card. After that they would just scan the beverage card only. No name was on the card. I had guest services punch a hole in mine and wore it on a lanyard along with my key card.

I used the card for specialty coffee with no problem but twice I tried to get a can of Coke from one of the bars using my card and neither time could they get it to scan. After trying multiple times, they just gave me the Coke for free.

Also...neither my husband or I used up all of the funds on the cards (we aren't drinkers) and the remaining funds were not put back on our account. I suppse it is because the promotional cards are just like non-refundable OBC.