Photo of new showers on Zaandam

AryMay

Do you have any idea how they have done this conversion ? I thought the original bathrooms were units that were built separately and installed during the new-build. They must have cut out the tubs. Does it look like the new slab walls are glued over the original, remaining walls ?

Thank you!! Great photos.

Question-are there any self service laundries left?

There was one across the hall from our cabin, but now the door has no sign and is locked. I’ll try and find out for sure, but I’m not hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Zaandam in December 2017, and this is a welcome change. Bathrooms were sooo dated with small pink tile.

Wasn’t it just some of the cabins that got the remodel?

Someone posted that they were notified their cabins tub converted had been converted to a shower. Anyone know if all bathrooms were refreshed, or only some?

I had an inside J last month that had that pink-beige tile that needed changing. I had visited briefly in Signature Suite that obviously had newer furniture and an updated color scheme. So IF they are doing this in stages, I’m wondering how many cabins might be left untouched.

I understand the organ in the Atrium went away.:')

Someone posted that they were notified their cabins tub converted had been converted to a shower. Anyone know if all bathrooms were refreshed, or only some?

I had an inside J last month that had that pink-beige tile that needed changing. I had visited briefly in Signature Suite that obviously had newer furniture and an updated color scheme. So IF they are doing this in stages, I’m wondering how many cabins might be left untouched.

This thread lists the cabins getting the new showers

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2622526&highlight=zaandam+shower

We were on the Zaandam in December 2017, and this is a welcome change. Bathrooms were sooo dated with small pink tile.

Dated? They are functional and neutral. If you want trendy, pick another cruise line. Good grief. Because why stop there if your reigning criteria is "dated".

The organ was removed? From where did you obtain that bit of information?

The organ was removed? From where did you obtain that bit of information?

That had been the rumor, though since neither the Rotterdam or Volendam had their Atrium sculptures removed in their recent drydocks, I am suspect that this is true ...... Then again it could happen.

From my understanding those scultures are there to disguise a rather unsightly structural support column that is three decks height straight up through the atrium!!!! An aexample of poor engineering/space planning if you ask me, though the sculptures were an ingenious way to hide it :)

If neither the Rotterdam nor the Volendam had their Atrium art feature removed, then why would the Zaandam's be removed? Having very recently been aboard the Zaandam, I don't think that the organ reached the top of any deck where it might have been a structural support.

Pacific Eden, aka Statendam, had her Atrium sculpture removed by P&O Australia when she became one of their ships. To the best of my knowledge the "sky" did not and has not fallen in that part of the ship.

A rumor that is "fake news"?