Cruising to Mexico in July, chances of hurricane ?

UmJac

hi,

I have booked a cruise with carnival to the Mexican Riviera in July. Little did I know that it will be in the early of the hurricane season.

Now I’m starting to get worried about it. I’d hate it if our itinerary gets changed or cancelled.

So I would like to know what are the chances of a hurricane hitting in mid July ?

Thanks in advance.

No Captain will take his/her ship near a hurricane. So, your cruise will not be canceled, but it's route will likely be changed, if a hurricane is in the area. Being on a ship with a changed itinerary is far better than not being on vacation at all.

There is no way to predict what the chances of a hurricane are.

No Captain will take his/her ship near a hurricane. So, your cruise will not be canceled, but it's route will likely be changed, if a hurricane is in the area. Being on a ship with a changed itinerary is far better than not being on vacation at all.

There is no way to predict what the chances of a hurricane are.

Thanks.

That’s true. It’s better to be on a changed itinerary than not being on a cruise. It’s just that I heard some stories about disembarkation being delayed and so on that it scared me as it will mess up the rest of our trip.

I have not heard of delayed disembarkation from the Mexican Rivera, but there aren't a lot of ships that operate in Mexico during hurricane season. I have heard of delayed disembarkation at the Florida ports during hurricane season, in fact it happened last season. It happens occasionally.

Trip/travel disruption is what insurance is for.

• 2 weeks later...

Relatively low risk of a hurricane along this stretch at that time, but I question going to the Mexican Riviera in the heart of summer. Lots more heat than I would want. There is a reason most cruise ships drive up to Alaska that time of year.