Voom on Voyager

Hi Everyone,

just wondering if anyone has recently been on Voyager, and what the internet speeds are like on this ship?

I was going to get the drinks/voom package, but if its slow, then may give it a miss.

Cheers,

Scott

H Bob,

thank you for the reply mate. This is my first cruise, and am new to cruise ship internet.

I read the internet description which states: Enjoy unlimited high-speed internet and stream all your favorite movies, shows and music while at sea.

I'm guessing this isn't entirely accurate :confused:

Scott.

H Bob,

thank you for the reply mate. This is my first cruise, and am new to cruise ship internet.

I read the internet description which states: Enjoy unlimited high-speed internet and stream all your favorite movies, shows and music while at sea.

I'm guessing this isn't entirely accurate :confused:

Scott.

Highly dependent on the number of people using the service. If you are the only guest using the service, then you can probably get pretty good streaming results. However, if many are using the service, you may find the streaming quality has been greatly diminished.

Harmony, which was O3b, was by far the worst VOOM we have had. Very dependent on location and absolutely very little to no signal in cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for that. I don't plan to be on it much, just sending some emails, and catch up on some sport scores :beer-toast:

• 5 weeks later...

My advice to anyone thinking of buying VOOM is: don't don't buy the package until you have tried it out onboard for a couple of days. The pre-sailing discount isn't worth the risk. See my post about VOOM on my recent TA.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying VOOM is: don't don't buy the package until you have tried it out onboard for a couple of days. The pre-sailing discount isn't worth the risk. See my post about VOOM on my recent TA.

Hi Seenie,

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to trying it out :)