Just booked our first suite (Non-Haven) on Pearl-Questions and excitement!!

harveysnc

Sailing on the Pearl to Alaska in 4 weeks (June 17th).

We just moved from a balcony cabin to the Penthouse with large balcony (Cat SF). Upgrade price was great so we jumped on it! Our adult kids are booked in an inside on the same deck very close to us so they will enjoy our large balcony too!!

Questions 1: Can we all check in together through the suite check-in? I assume my kids will not be able to piggy back through the suite priority check-in with us. It will stink to not be able to take advantage of this perk for our first suite experience, but, it won't be the end of the world either way. We are platinum as well, so we have had luck getting them to go that route with us. They technically should be nearly platinum but many of the cruises they went on with us as kids did not get tracked. We definitely want to board together for this amazing trip!!

Question 2: Will our butler deliver mimosas and bloody Marys with our breakfast in the morning? I have read a lot about the upgraded room service menu and breakfast and lunch at Cagney's! My sweet husband normally ventures out to find me a mimosa for the balcony in the morning, but it would be great if he didn't have to. :-)

Feel free to share any other tips I should know about! I hope this doesn't spoil me for every cruise in the future!!

I feel bad for your butler. The butler will deliver just about anything you want. Remember, just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

Ok, so, in your opinion, the answer could have and should have just been "No." to my question #2. I did say this was new to us. I assume, as I have read, that he will be delivering our breakfast in the morning so please explain why this would be so much worse for my poor butler. I'll also add, he will be compensated very well. I was shocked to read some of the low "suggested tips" for butlers on here.

The butler will bring you your breakfast and cocktails. However, just remember that if the butler brings drinks to the suite, they are charged at the full price and are not covered under the drink package (assuming you have one).

You can also ask the butler for a pitcher of OJ and mix it with the sparkling wine in your cabin (suite perk) and make your own Mimosa's. Of course that only lasts as long as the bottle does. LOL!

We have found that for the most part the butlers are super accommodating and are happy to bring you whatever you want.

Enjoy

"The butler will bring you your breakfast and cocktails. However, just remember that if the butler brings drinks to the suite, they are charged at the full price and are not covered under the drink package (assuming you have one)."

Thank you, goldmom. I wasn't aware of this. I guess my sweet hubby will still have to venture out every morning. :-)

You will be spoiled for cruising any other way after this! Did you happen to book a forward facing penthouse? Those are our favorite cabins on the Jewel class ships, and that's absolutely the BEST cabin to have for the Alaska run!

You can ask about having your adult kids check in with you...they may not do it since they are adults and can check in on their own. But it's worth the ask.

Sailing on the Pearl to Alaska in 4 weeks (June 17th).

We just moved from a balcony cabin to the Penthouse with large balcony (Cat SF). Upgrade price was great so we jumped on it! Our adult kids are booked in an inside on the same deck very close to us so they will enjoy our large balcony too!!

Questions 1: Can we all check in together through the suite check-in? I assume my kids will not be able to piggy back through the suite priority check-in with us. It will stink to not be able to take advantage of this perk for our first suite experience, but, it won't be the end of the world either way. We are platinum as well, so we have had luck getting them to go that route with us. They technically should be nearly platinum but many of the cruises they went on with us as kids did not get tracked. We definitely want to board together for this amazing trip!!

Question 2: Will our butler deliver mimosas and bloody Marys with our breakfast in the morning? I have read a lot about the upgraded room service menu and breakfast and lunch at Cagney's! My sweet husband normally ventures out to find me a mimosa for the balcony in the morning, but it would be great if he didn't have to. :-)

Feel free to share any other tips I should know about! I hope this doesn't spoil me for every cruise in the future!!

We booked an aft for this trip. I would love to book a forward-facing in a warmer location. I was afraid I would be too cold on our day in Glacier Bay to enjoy it.

I agree it won't hurt to ask if they can check in with us. ;p Like I said, worst case is they can't and we will still get on the ship happy and excited for our trip!

I asked before we entered the suite line if my adult children were able to check in with me even if they were in another room a few years ago and was told “absolutely! The check in person just walked down to the other end of the counter & picked up their key cards. Policy may have changed recently but you can always ask.

You will be spoiled for cruising any other way after this! Did you happen to book a forward facing penthouse? Those are our favorite cabins on the Jewel class ships, and that's absolutely the BEST cabin to have for the Alaska run!

You can ask about having your adult kids check in with you...they may not do it since they are adults and can check in on their own. But it's worth the ask.

Thank you for this answer. We're in a suite on a Panama cruise next year and my mom is in an inside cabin across the hall. I'm hopeful that she can check in and board with us as this is her first major trip anywhere ever.

-We did the Alaska trip last July - AMAZING!

My wife and I had an aft facing penthouse on the Pearl for our wedding cruise five years ago. It was awesome! Don’t be shy about asking your butler to do things for you. It’s why they are there and why you pay the big bucks! They will be happy to actually know what you want instead of having to try and figure something out.

Checking in, non-suite and suite guests can all check in together (unless policies have recently changed).

Sorry, some people love to give snarky answers. You didn’t deserve one. I have stayed in 3 non Haven PH suites. Omg they are wonderful! Enjoy every moment and have a blast with your kids. Your Butler is there for you and wants to make you happy

I asked before we entered the suite line if my adult children were able to check in with me even if they were in another room a few years ago and was told “absolutely! The check in person just walked down to the other end of the counter & picked up their key cards. Policy may have changed recently but you can always ask.

This is great!! Thanks for the info. We will ask. :D

Sorry, some people love to give snarky answers. You didn’t deserve one. I have stayed in 3 non Haven PH suites. Omg they are wonderful! Enjoy every moment and have a blast with your kids. Your Butler is there for you and wants to make you happy

Thanks. We are very excited. Snarky comments from grumpy

people mean nothing to me.

My wife and I had an aft facing penthouse on the Pearl for our wedding cruise five years ago. It was awesome! Don’t be shy about asking your butler to do things for you. It’s why they are there and why you pay the big bucks! They will be happy to actually know what you want instead of having to try and figure something out.

Checking in, non-suite and suite guests can all check in together (unless policies have recently changed).

Thanks!! I hope the policy hasn't changed. The kids don't know we upgraded to The Penthouse Suite. I'm terrible at surprises so I'm hoping I can keep this a secret until we show them upon arrival!

I've not been in the Haven, have been a suite. I was fine with walking all that way to Moderno (on the Star) for breakfast in the morning and all that way to Cagney's for lunch. The service there and offerings were great. In the suite, I really appreciated the space and the Nespreso (sp?) machine. I had the butler bring diner one night and found that, while it was a unique experience, I had just as happy walking to a restaurant. I'm a bit of an early bird and a gym rat, so that makes breakfast in bed not too practical. Besides walking around the ship early is one of my favorite things.

Special things I asked the butler for: V8 juice. Cans of tonic water. He put those in the refrigerator diligently. At my request, NCL had emptied the alcohol from the refrigerator. He also kept the coffee in good supply. Each afternoon, he delivered snacks. Next time in a suite (November), I will specify what snacks...the vegie ones seemed to have gone a bit aged by the time I got to them so I'll probably stick to less healthy stuff and fresh fruit next time. All of those were "free" except, of course, for compensation to the butler.

I appreciated the concierge's help with getting Teppanyaki reservations and the "special" seating in the theater although I sometimes elected to arrive early and sit closer to the stage depending on the show. Getting priority treatment on and off the ship was nice too.

I definitely got spoiled.

Enjoy your cruise!

Mike

We are on this cruise and getting excited now that we have under a month.

Just an FYI there is a CC Meet and Mingle scheduled for Mon June 18(Sea Day) at 10:30 am in the Bliss lounge ,deck 7. We would love for you and your family to join us.

We are on this cruise and getting excited now that we have under a month.

Just an FYI there is a CC Meet and Mingle scheduled for Mon June 18(Sea Day) at 10:30 am in the Bliss lounge ,deck 7. We would love for you and your family to join us.

I have been stalking the roll call a bit. We have enjoyed attending the meet and greet on past cruises, but we are travelling with my husband's entire family for his parent's 50th anniversary and aren't sure we will have time. I'll keep it in mind and will try to check in. Would love to share the excitement with everyone!

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

We just got the forward facing suite as an upgrade for our June 24 cruise!!

Your children will be allowed to board with you during priority boarding. They will not separate you from your children. Your butler will deliver just about anything he/she can that you request. Drinks are pretty standard. I liked the idea of mixing your own mimosas. You already get a free bottle of sparkling wine and a pitcher of OJ could mix you several of them yourselves while saving money. That was a good tip someone mentioned.

To the other poster who mentioned drinks delivered by the butler are not covered by the drink package... THANK YOU. I did not know that

Thank you for this answer. We're in a suite on a Panama cruise next year and my mom is in an inside cabin across the hall. I'm hopeful that she can check in and board with us as this is her first major trip anywhere ever.

-We did the Alaska trip last July - AMAZING!

Do you have a two bedroomsuite? If not, maybe you can get one and let your mom get the small bedroom? Then she will get all the perks and it will probably be cheaper.