Honolulu cruise port/Waikiki Beach to North Shore - best transport beside car rental

Jandex

Hi Hawaii cruisers and experts. Advice and ideas on this board has been very useful.

We are toying with the idea of heading off to the North Shore for a few days after our cruise finishes in Honolulu. Not sure if we’ll stay a day or two in Waikiki first, or head straight to North Shore.

We are not keen on renting a car, any suggestions as to the best way to get there? I’ve googled this, but seem to be coming up against a brick wall.

Thanks for any advice. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all. I’ve found a company called North Shore Transport $170 from Waikiki to North Shore...might have to rethink my plans. [emoji33]

I don't know where you are thinking of staying when on North Shore but...if it is The Turtle Bay Resort, you might look at their options for transportation. Also there is a company, Haleiwaairportshuttle.com, that has rates to different locations on the North Shore. Personally I think that having a car on the North Shore is the way to go and driving there is really not a huge problem for me, so if you can consider renting a car it would be perfect. Hope you have a great time. Cherie

Also, if you don't have large luggage you could take "The Bus" around the island and get off close to your destination. Since you will be on a cruise i don't think this is an option but a thought if you travel light. Cherie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jandex,

Have you checked out Hawaii23 ? They do airport transfers as well as destinations. On the main page it says Turtle Bay $123. But you may email them and tell them exactly what you want and they may be able to help you. We used them a few years ago RT between airport and hotel and that was a good price for that trip plus they were very friendly!

As OP said you can always try The Bus for a cheaper option but luggage may be an issue, not sure though.

Thanks Cherie! If we drive we’ll have to get used to driving on the ‘wrong’ side of the road.... from Aus!

It’s easy. Just don’t worry about it and after 10 minutes it will be fine.

I always find the bigger issue is adjusting back when I get home.

Hi alibabacruisers and Keith Jenner-thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. I’ve avoided making a decision as to whether to go to North Shore on this trip, I figure I’ve still got over 300 days before I get there! [emoji12]