Chops grille on Rhapsody

We were onboard for the transatlantic crossing last month, I think the price was either $39/person or $42/person plus 18% gratuities if you didn't book a package or do a BOGO deal etc. Because the sailing was so long and the specialty restaurants were quiet, they offered 25% off at a restaurant each night (ie. one night it was Izumi, next night Chops, then Giovanni's, then Izumi again, etc).

I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed with Chops this time around (and it's usually our favourite). We had a 5-meal package and ended up at Izumi 3x, Giovanni's 1x and Chops 1x. I ordered a petite fillet and it was burnt on the outside, very disappointing. The sides were very small (even though you're meant to share) and the menu had changed even from 6 months ago when we last sailed, and they'd dropped some of our favourite menu items. And the key lime meringue pie was not good -- I didn't even finish my piece (and that's practically unheard of for me!).

The service was fantastic, but we weren't as impressed with the food. We've been on Chops on a number of ships, last time it was Grandeur and we were there literally almost every day (we had the Ultimate Dining Package so sea days we had lunch or dinner in Chops) and the food was impeccable, absolutely fantastic. We had it on Vision, also fantastic. But when we had it on Allure, food was so-so and service was terrible. It can be hit or miss. You might have better luck!!

Edit: Just remembered, on Vision there were three of us and we all got the same steak cooked the same - Medium rare. We ended up with two medium-rares and a medium-well, and instead of agreeing and taking my steak back they argued with me. Fortunately my DH shared his steak with me so we both had a good meal!

Thanks for that.

We always go to chops at least one night on a cruise and have always had at least a good experience , although some were excellent.

I always book in advance on the planner but they were quite often offering deals when we were on board so was contemplating booking on board.

However we want a particular night this time so I might just book in advance to be sure. Even with 25% off the price you mentioned our cruise planner is still cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are currently on Rhapsody. We have used our BOGO and also had a 30% off last night which was $22.40 each offered onboard.

Food and service was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pleased to hear food and service was up to scratch!

Any problem getting reservations when you wanted?

And can I ask how the food and service is in the MDR (if you have used it)

We are on board in a couple of weeks so likely doing a similar itinerary to you - hope you are enjoying your cruise!

Pleased to hear food and service was up to scratch!

Any problem getting reservations when you wanted?

And can I ask how the food and service is in the MDR (if you have used it)

We are on board in a couple of weeks so likely doing a similar itinerary to you - hope you are enjoying your cruise!

No problems getting reservations at all. Giovanni’s has also been very good.

We have not eaten in the MDR but plan on it some this week. The Windjammer has actually been pretty good too.[emoji6]

The cruise has been fantastic. Weather has been perfect and we are looking forward to another great week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MDR has moved to the new menu service (not sure if all ships have already done this or not, it was our first time sailing with the new menus in any case). As there are fewer entrees it seems like they are able to provide a better quality dinner service (albeit with fewer options!). We found the food to be some of the best we've ever had on any ship in the MDR -- in particular I have never had such delicious risottos as I had on the ship!

Staff were some of the friendliest we've ever seen on board as well across the whole ship.

We had dinner at chops on the Rhapsody in late March 2018. The service and food was excellent.

In the Centrum on Deck 4 when you first board the ship, there are waiters standing and waiting to book your reservations for you. Very easy, and no need to take the time to go to the restaurant.