Grandeur Bermuda arrival

When does she typically arrive? I saw on the website that it’s scheduled at 1pm (which is one of the reasons why we were looking at other ships) but I saw that she arrived at around 10am this morning. Just curious if she typically arrives earlier than scheduled.

If the ship arrives early, I would assume that the Bermudan port authority (or whatever the name is) would have to approve an early arrival. I wouldn't base booking on the hopes of arriving a few hours early. We were late getting into port because of a hurricane when we sailed on Grandeur. Sailing through the Chesapeake Bay is pretty neat too. A lot pf people say the service is much better on Grandeur because it is a smaller ship. We wished we had more time to explore Bermuda. But between the hurricane damage/flooding and late arrival, we were unable to do our excursions (night cruise, crystal caves, zoo and something else) or go to across the causeway to St. Georges. We still fell in love with Bermuda while we just went with the flow and did what we were able to do.

We are considering a quick getaway because of the 5 day itinerary but, as regular visitors to Bermuda, 24 hours just seems like too little time. If she arrived early like this with any regularity it might be tempting but otherwise would rather be on Veendam or Oceania next year with multi night stay not in the Dockyard. Was just curious.

When does she typically arrive? I saw on the website that it’s scheduled at 1pm (which is one of the reasons why we were looking at other ships) but I saw that she arrived at around 10am this morning. Just curious if she typically arrives earlier than scheduled.

This could have been because of a medical emergency. We were on the Summit last year...had to return to Bayonne for a medical emergency and then arrived earlier than predicted in Bermuda for another medical emergency. Possibly people on the roll call can say why they arrived earlier than scheduled.

When we arrived early in Bermuda...the docks were full...we had to anchor until the other ships left port. The medical emergency was tendered to the dock.

This could have been because of a medical emergency. We were on the Summit last year...had to return to Bayonne for a medical emergency and then arrived earlier than predicted in Bermuda for another medical emergency. Possibly people on the roll call can say why they arrived earlier than scheduled.

When we arrived early in Bermuda...the docks were full...we had to anchor until the other ships left port. The medical emergency was tendered to the dock.

Today they docked right away- was alongside early.

30 years of cruising only once or twice were allowed to get off early and that was only about 30 minutes. Last yr was at port 2 hrs early, still could not get off ship until time. Reason we were there early was medical, they got off right away, we had wait until scheduled time.