Adding a person 290 days out on the Dawn

Gampy1967

I booked an Owner's Suite last year for our 20th Anniversary for my wife and I. We are now the guardians of our 7yr old granddaughter (she has lived with us her entire life, but her mother/our daughter has taken off). We are gladly and definitely going to take her with us rather than get another family member to stay home and watch her while we are gone.

My question is this. Do you recommend I go ahead and add her now to the reservation and pay the associated charges or wait? I have been trying to wait for the 3rd/4th free to apply to our cruise and I just missed the tax free offer. I just don't want to accidentally wait too long and have them tell us there are too many people on board and she can't be added.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would add her now, you can always ask for a price adjustment if the 3/4 sail free or tax free promotions come up before final payment. This way you know she is getting on the ship with you.

We sail with our two boys and I often book and get price adjustments as time passes. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I booked an Owner's Suite last year for our 20th Anniversary for my wife and I. We are now the guardians of our 7yr old granddaughter (she has lived with us her entire life, but her mother/our daughter has taken off). We are gladly and definitely going to take her with us rather than get another family member to stay home and watch her while we are gone.

My question is this. Do you recommend I go ahead and add her now to the reservation and pay the associated charges or wait? I have been trying to wait for the 3rd/4th free to apply to our cruise and I just missed the tax free offer. I just don't want to accidentally wait too long and have them tell us there are too many people on board and she can't be added.

I would not wait, in case the ship reaches lifeboat capacity and then cannot add the third passenger....that would be a big disappointment for everyone.

However reaching capacity will depend upon how close your cruise is, how popular it is, how many cabins are left, etc.

Enjoy your cruise. And hope your little one enjoys it too.

I would not wait, in case the ship reaches lifeboat capacity and then cannot add the third passenger....that would be a big disappointment for everyone.

However reaching capacity will depend upon how close your cruise is, how popular it is, how many cabins are left, etc.

Enjoy your cruise. And hope your little one enjoys it too.

That is what I was thinking. Thanks.

I would add her now, you can always ask for a price adjustment if the 3/4 sail free or tax free promotions come up before final payment. This way you know she is getting on the ship with you.

We sail with our two boys and I often book and get price adjustments as time passes. Best of luck!

That is what I was thinking. Thanks.

Book her now. If they offer the 3rd and 4th sail free option, you will have to cancel and rebook since that option was not available when you initially booked. You could end up paying more anyway, and by booking now you don't risk kthe chance of your area of the ship being full.

Book her now. If they offer the 3rd and 4th sail free option, you will have to cancel and rebook since that option was not available when you initially booked. You could end up paying more anyway, and by booking now you don't risk kthe chance of your area of the ship being full.

She is booked. Last question. Wife and I have the UBP and we are staying in an owners suite so we have unlimited cans of soft drinks in the room. Not trying to game the system or anything but do you suggest getting the soft drink package for our granddaughter? I am thinking about during dinner and/or lunch if she wants a pepsi we can either pay retail or use the package.

She is booked. Last question. Wife and I have the UBP and we are staying in an owners suite so we have unlimited cans of soft drinks in the room. Not trying to game the system or anything but do you suggest getting the soft drink package for our granddaughter? I am thinking about during dinner and/or lunch if she wants a pepsi we can either pay retail or use the package.

If you have unlimited cans of soda in room and are just concerned about lunch/dinner, I would look at the number of days cruising, how much she will want to drink at each meal multiply and see what ala carte versus soda package will be.

Remember there are other options at meal time, lemonade, ice tea , juice which there are no charges for.

Our boys have always had pop free in the dining room when DH and I had a beverage package. I don’t think it’s the official rule, but it’s been our experience on multiple ships.

In addition, I think you need to drink 3-4 a day to make the package worthwhile, you may be better just ordering them one at a time and paying that way.

This is one of those times you have to do the math. Soft drinks are about $2.25 per glass. If she is going to drink enough to make it worth while then do it, but remember that you can take the soad from your cabin with you all over the ship, you don't have to drink it there, so if I were you I would not get her the pass.