Questions for adventure of the sea Canada trip

Hi all! So excited for trip at end of June but had some questions

1. On the first day is the main dining room open for lunch or is it just the windjammer

2. We traveled to Canada via cruise two years ago same time of year and was SHOCKED at how cold it was when we were at sea. Does anyone know if this is usual or was it just a cold snap? Just want to know how many sweatshirts to bring!!

3. Does anyone have an cruise bulletins from the Canada cruise? I know sometimes actives are different on northern v. Southern cruises"...

4. My trivia crazy kids want to know if there are prizes for winning games...it's really their Favorite part of the cruise:')

Thanks

Mikki

The first NE/Canada AOS of the season is coming back tomorrow so you might get some answers after those passengers get back. I am going the end of July so assuming weather will be nice.

you should join the adventure of the seas facebook page if you haven't already. there are passengers currently on that are posting. Also would think some would post the compasses when they get back and settled.

1. MDR is not open for lunch, but there are generally other places to eat besides the WJ. That is pretty much standard across the board.

4. Yes, from my experience there will be one or two different trivia session every day. Most generally give out some sort of prize.

If Adventure's trivia prizes are like Oasis of the Seas, they are pretty crappy, enough so that they became a good natured joke. Mostly highlighters. Yes, the kind of highlighters that college kids use in their textbooks. Big deal!

Still, watch out as the trivia competition is fierce, for bragging rights if nothing else. :)

1. WJ will be open for lunch

2. Just came back from Adventure, port of calls were Portland and Bar Harbor Maine, Saint Johns and Halifax. We check the weather 2 days before leaving and it said that we should expect Overcast, 40-60's weather... we got rain and 30-40's weather... COLD! We took sweaters and raincoats and umbrellas, but I didnt pack beanies and gloves... and I wish I had.

3. We felt activities were lacking... perhaps because the weather was so awful, and we could not be outside enjoying the pool and other outdoors stuff... Hopefully the weather will cooperate for you guys.

4. Trivia was great, they had StarWars, Michael Jackson, Music, Food, Sports... a nice variety and they had prizes like RCCL shirts, baseball caps with RCCL logo, bags, wine bottles, bingo cards... they were a lot of little nice prizes...

Hope you enjoy the cruise!

Hi all! So excited for trip at end of June but had some questions

1. On the first day is the main dining room open for lunch or is it just the windjammer

2. We traveled to Canada via cruise two years ago same time of year and was SHOCKED at how cold it was when we were at sea. Does anyone know if this is usual or was it just a cold snap? Just want to know how many sweatshirts to bring!!

3. Does anyone have an cruise bulletins from the Canada cruise? I know sometimes actives are different on northern v. Southern cruises"...

4. My trivia crazy kids want to know if there are prizes for winning games...it's really their Favorite part of the cruise:')

Thanks

Mikki

1. Day 1 is windjammer or Chops or JOhnny Rockets

2. From what the locals said they were in a cold streak but it would have normally been chilly, just maybe 10 degrees warmer. I have been in august when layers work, long sleeves but then change to short sleeves once you are in the sun. we were still able to get in the pools/hottubs 5 days.

3. I have 6 of the 7 days- I will try to post. I'm missing day 2.

4. prizes are usually a pen or highlighter or keychain. Usually two trivias and a music trivia at a minimum per day. Also other activities for prizes such as word search, sudoku....