Dawn 10000 or 10500 Forward Penthouse

BostonGal35

We stayed in 10500 on the Pearl for the Panama Canal cruise. Can't image it being very different.

Ours was a Penthouse Suite and I imagine it is the same on the Dawn. Very nice cabin. Very large with an extra bump due to the bridge being above us. Balcony was huge! Had a party for the canal cruising and fit 12 people out their easily.

The only issue we had was the wind during sea days and the door to the balcony is heavy and loud.

Otherwise a wonderful cabin and well worth the price.

Not the same ship, but we sailed in 10500 on the Jewel last year for a full transit of the Panama Canal. It was my "dream cabin" for the Canal; not that you want to be one spot for the transit, but it meant we didn't have to fight the crowds on the bow during the first set of locks.

Overall, it was an awesome suite. I don't know if those two cabins on the Dawn have the same "bump out" from the bridge above, but if so, that extra space is great. The balcony was amazing. Wind underway did not bother us (especially when we were sitting).

Extra bonus that many folks don't mention about the forward-facing suites: because there are no lights in the bow (and you have to keep your curtains closed at night) it is DARK on your balcony and the night sky is fantastic for star gazing. We saw the Milky Way many times, and even the Southern Cross before dawn in the two mornings before we reached the Canal.

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

anyone have a current video or current pics?

or just general feedback on this? never stayed forward facing before so im thinking of splurging on this room for a sail next year.

Very best room on the ship!

10000 and 10500 have extra space because there is a bump out that follows the contours of the bridge. You get beautiful forward facing views from your “bay window”. We stayed in 10000 and posted some pics (post drydock) on the following thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2424719

We have also stayed in 9500 with the huge balconies. Also a wonderful room.

a224ed79942821833692563fcbbc559f.jpg

Not the same ship, but we sailed in 10500 on the Jewel last year for a full transit of the Panama Canal. It was my "dream cabin" for the Canal; not that you want to be one spot for the transit, but it meant we didn't have to fight the crowds on the bow during the first set of locks.

Overall, it was an awesome suite. I don't know if those two cabins on the Dawn have the same "bump out" from the bridge above, but if so, that extra space is great. The balcony was amazing. Wind underway did not bother us (especially when we were sitting).

Extra bonus that many folks don't mention about the forward-facing suites: because there are no lights in the bow (and you have to keep your curtains closed at night) it is DARK on your balcony and the night sky is fantastic for star gazing. We saw the Milky Way many times, and even the Southern Cross before dawn in the two mornings before we reached the Canal.

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

When did you go? I was on jewel Miami to la feb/March 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t remember the room numbers, but the two middle ones on 10 are the best. Some overhang from bridge for shade and privacy, rooms are bigger, balcony slightly smaller but still huge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Dawn today, stayed in forward penthouse suite 10000. The room is great, very spacious and loved the big “bay” windows. The deck is large enough for 2 chaise loungers, 2 regular chairs and a small side table, also has a partial overhang from the bridge above as mentioned which was nice for both shade and somewhat minimizing wetness of the chaises when raining. Sitting on that deck our second to last day was like heaven! Unfortunately, the last day was extremely windy and chilly so didn’t get to use it.

Worth noting, if you are a light sleeper, you can definitely hear the walking around that happens up in the bridge directly above you. It’s not really loud, just there, if you know what I mean. I brought ear plugs, wore them and never heard the walking once I put them in, so slept soundly without issue. All this being said, the other 3 in my family never even noticed it, but they are heavier sleepers than I am. ;)

Great suite!

anyone have a current video or current pics?

or just general feedback on this? never stayed forward facing before so im thinking of splurging on this room for a sail next year.

I don't know how current these pics are but enjoy the photos of the DAWN from this LINK:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Dawn

CLICK on "PICS" in the dark grey banner bar - - -