Transferring Princess future cruise deposit

Hi, I paid a future cruise deposit, booked a short cruise using the $100 deposit only to date. I wish to book a different cruise, cancel the one I have booked (4 days) for a 28 day cruise instead. Will Princess let me transfer the deposit over to the cruise I wish to now book? Or will I lose the $100?

Also, next problem. The 28 day cruise, my hubby wishes to join it not from the start, but 14 days in so joining me the last 14 days. They say he will be charged for the whole trip, no discount for joining after 14 days. This I understand. But looks like they want me to pay single supplement for the whole 28 days, so charge me double in other words. So the cruise will then total as if 3 people booked, not 2. Is this correct? Hoping someone can help. Appreciate your time in advance.

Hi, I paid a future cruise deposit, booked a short cruise using the $100 deposit only to date. I wish to book a different cruise, cancel the one I have booked (4 days) for a 28 day cruise instead. Will Princess let me transfer the deposit over to the cruise I wish to now book? Or will I lose the $100?

Also, next problem. The 28 day cruise, my hubby wishes to join it not from the start, but 14 days in so joining me the last 14 days. They say he will be charged for the whole trip, no discount for joining after 14 days. This I understand. But looks like they want me to pay single supplement for the whole 28 days, so charge me double in other words. So the cruise will then total as if 3 people booked, not 2. Is this correct? Hoping someone can help. Appreciate your time in advance.

You will probably get more and better answers if you post your question on the Princess section of the forum.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

What cruise are you looking at? I know Princess has a 28 day around Australia that is also sold in 2-14 day segments.

As a single passenger, you will pay double. That is correct. However, when your husband joins you there should be no additional charge. You are already paying for two occupants.

If you can't get a straight answer from Princess, I suggest contacting a brick and mortar TA to help you out but, no, you should not be paying for 3 people for that last segment.

What EM said.

You can have a face to face conversation and they can help you out with Princess. There is no way you should be paying three fares.

I don't know about Australia but in the US there is no additional cost to us a TA.

As others have responded best to call Princess directly, or if you are booking through a travel agent, have them contact Princess.

In our experience with Princess, the $100 is fully refundable. After a terrible World Cruise and Princess refusing to deal with the issues, we cancelled our 2 future cruises. You should be able to move it to a new cruise, but if not, you get the $100 back.

Unless they sell the cruise in segments, you have to book the entire cruise, so even if you are travelling solo for the first fortnight, you have had to also pay for both of you. No way you should have to pay extra. Good luck with Princess Customer Service/Reservations, just remember, if they don't give you the response you want, there are many alternative cruise lines.

If you cancel before the cancellation penalty period for that cruise kicks in you will get your FCD back. If it's within the cancellation penalty period you won't get it back. Princess changed that about a year or so ago, as too many people were booking multiple cruises using FCDs then cancelling just before final payment.