Boston question - shuttle into Boston proper?

DaveOKC

I already asked this on the Canada/New England board, with no response.

On a port stop (not embarkation) in Boston, does HAL offer a shuttle into Boston proper (like some other lines do)? If so, where to?

When I’ve been in Boston I’ve taken the silver line bus (part of the MTA public transit system) which stops one block from the cruise port and goes to South Station. Once at South Station, You can walk around the center of the city. Of course, I’m a great fan of public transit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't over look the water taxis too when getting around Boston. You can take one to visit the US Constitution and Bunker Hill. They seemed to be around $10 each and ran all the time. They too are part of the public transit system.

Sometimes there is a shuttle operated by an independent company, not HAL. Sometimes it's reasonable, sometimes not -- hint, $20 per person each way is NOT reasonable. If HAL is not offering a shore excursion that interests me, and the shuttle is not offered or is insanely expensive, we just spend the day on board the ship. It's fun to watch the activity in the port and the airplanes from Logan. But then I wish HAL would drop Boston from some of the Canada/New England itineraries, it's really not my favourite port stop.

I haven’t been there with Holland America, we’ve ridden the free shuttle other cruise lines run.

If you want to do a HOHO trolley, one of the Boston trolley companies picks up and drops off at the port, it might be Old Town Trolley. Check their web site. The pick up trolley drops you off near the aquarium where the actual HOHO departs.

Don't over look the water taxis too when getting around Boston. You can take one to visit the US Constitution and Bunker Hill. They seemed to be around $10 each and ran all the time. They too are part of the public transit system.

This is exactly what I want to do. I think it goes out of the "Long wharf" which is still a bit of a hike from the ship.

Old Iron sides ( U S, Consgtitution) recently had a big renovation and is well worth viewing. She is the oldest commission ed war ship in the world. Quite a wonderful sight when she s ails under her own (newly made ) sails.

Edited by sail7seas