Ports in Brazil

xcal185

I was wondering if you have carry your Brazilian Passport with you everytime you get off the ship, or does the ship verify your passport and give you some type of proof which you can carry along with your ship card ?

Brian

I was wondering if you have carry your Brazilian Passport with you everytime you get off the ship, or does the ship verify your passport and give you some type of proof which you can carry along with your ship card ?

Brian

You are both Brazilian citizens with Brazilian passports?

Just FYI

Normally when I am in Brazil, traveling independently, I carry a Xerox copy of my US passport, so the original is not at risk of being stolen while I'm walking around. The original stays at the hotel/apartment.

If you have a Canadian passport, but are traveling into Brazil with a Brazilian passport as is required of Brazilian citizens, you could carry your RNE, like Brazilians living in Brazil do.

Edited by VidaNaPraia

You are both Brazilian citizens with Brazilian passports?

Just FYI

Normally when I am in Brazil, traveling independently, I carry a Xerox copy of my US passport, so the original is not at risk of being stolen while I'm walking around. The original stays at the hotel/apartment.

If you have a Canadian passport, but are traveling into Brazil with a Brazilian passport as is required of Brazilian citizens, you could carry your RNE, like Brazilians living in Brazil do.

How about for US Citizens We will be visiting Recife, Salvador, Cabo Frio, and after disembarkation, Rio and Iguasu Falls (IGU) from the Brazilian side.

How about for US Citizens We will be visiting Recife, Salvador, Cabo Frio, and after disembarkation, Rio and Iguasu Falls (IGU) from the Brazilian side.

Walk around with a Xerox copy.

Original should stay in room or hotel safe, or in locked luggage.

If you need any info on the places you're planning to visit, let me know.

Thanks Will we need a visa for all of these ports?

"Recife, Salvador, Cabo Frio, and after disembarkation, Rio and Iguasu Falls (IGU) from the Brazilian side" are all located in Brazil.

US passport holders currently need a visa for Brazil.

Apply well in advance at the Brazilian Consulate that has jurisdiction over your residence. If you are indeed living in Florida, that would be the consulate in Miami. Read all the website pages pertaining to visas very carefully and follow the instructions in detail.

• 11 months later...
Walk around with a Xerox copy.

Original should stay in room or hotel safe, or in locked luggage.

If you need any info on the places you're planning to visit, let me know.

Do you have any info to share for Recife and Cabo Frio?