Triumph or glory?

Unclejackd

Long time lurker, first time poster. Previously taken 5 cruises, all on the conquest of elation out of NOLA...

Me and the wife are looking on taking another next year and need to decide between the 4 or 5 day on the triumph or a 4 or 5 day on the glory. In February and March it looks like prices start on the triumph at the 280s and the glory for 380.. and for a 4 day 270 and 330 respectively. (I know that wont ne the actual price, but a starting point)

I'd love a 7 day to mahogany bay, Costa maya and Belize because I've been to cozumel and progreso so many times, but we have a 1 and 2 year old that I dont want to be away from for an entire week.

Which would YOU pick and why?

I'll sit back, sip my coffee and whiskey and listen :D

Glory is going to be a little bit bigger in the mid-aft section. Buffet will be a little bigger. You'll add in a BBQ place up above it. Waterworks and Serenity. And you'll have a refrigerator in your room. Outside of those things, you'd probably feel like you're on the same ship.

If you want to try different ships and are planning that 7-day out of New Orleans in the future...next summer Triumph will be gone and Glory will be doing the 7-days out of New Orleans. So you may consider doing the 5-day on Triumph next year....and the 7-day on Glory the year after. One other thing is Triumph still has the older shows with the live orchestra, which I think is a nice change after you've seen a lot of playlist productions. And if you do decide to do Triumph one year and Glory the next, you'll be guaranteed all different shows. Where if you did Glory both times, it's possible you may see some of the same shows. Triumph also flies in a magician for a Vegas style magic show in the main lounge one night...and a burlesque show in the comedy club later that night. I haven't seen that on the other ships I've been on.

I guess I'd say if this is going to be your only cruise for awhile, I'd go Glory. If you have plans on future cruises out of New Orleans, I'd consider Triumph so you have something different next time.

Glory is going to be a little bit bigger in the mid-aft section. Buffet will be a little bigger. You'll add in a BBQ place up above it. Waterworks and Serenity. And you'll have a refrigerator in your room. Outside of those things, you'd probably feel like you're on the same ship.

If you want to try different ships and are planning that 7-day out of New Orleans in the future...next summer Triumph will be gone and Glory will be doing the 7-days out of New Orleans. So you may consider doing the 5-day on Triumph next year....and the 7-day on Glory the year after. One other thing is Triumph still has the older shows with the live orchestra, which I think is a nice change after you've seen a lot of playlist productions. And if you do decide to do Triumph one year and Glory the next, you'll be guaranteed all different shows. Where if you did Glory both times, it's possible you may see some of the same shows. Triumph also flies in a magician for a Vegas style magic show in the main lounge one night...and a burlesque show in the comedy club later that night. I haven't seen that on the other ships I've been on.

I guess I'd say if this is going to be your only cruise for awhile, I'd go Glory. If you have plans on future cruises out of New Orleans, I'd consider Triumph so you have something different next time.

Very good point!

I will say that I would take the Triumph and spend the difference on getting a balcony and splurging! Personally, I prefer the flow of the Triumph, the smaller ship, and the missing water park and serenity are not an issue for us as we always have a balcony, and if my teens are along, they don't really "need" a water park. The only thing I miss is the steakhouse...but again, for a quick getaway, not a big deal. I am not a Conquest class fan.