Anthem v. Carnival Triumph

On the losing end? Nope. I choose not to cruise on a behemoth that is too big to tender. So much is subjective and any reasonable person knows it. The correct answer is, it depends.

The two questions related to two of Royal's biggest ships in close proximity and similarity between them leads me to think at least one of them fails the smell test.

is that you Sarge?

Bill

I disagree. There is shopping to be done on the large Oasis class, and they feature upscale shops like Tiffany, Cartier, or Hublot.....but that is SO not the main feature of those ships. If you like to have variety and stay active and experience things- the big ships are a winner. If your idea of cruising is more relaxed and such- I can see where the big ships may be overwhelming, a waste, or a dislike. But I would not call them floating malls. Floating cities? Sure. But not malls. Heck, the bars and restaurants outnumber the shops, I think. Never counted, so won't say definitely, but I feel like there's a ton more places to eat and drink than shop.

And that's why big ships and smaller ships sail mostly full, people want/appreciate different things.

One fact I don't see mentioned is there are more PASSENGERS on the larger ships, that turns me off.

We'll be on the Vista for a b2b in a few weeks, Just to see it, and to go on the southern Caribbean route, but it's very likely we will never go on the Vista again. Why,,, too many passengers!!! We stick to the Carnival Dream Class(wife likes/not me) , RCL Radiance class, or NCL Pearl/Dawn size ships, or smaller.

We leave the larger ships, Oasis Class, Breakaway/Geraway Class, Seaside Class, sized ships for the younger adventurers who need that minute by minute ACTION to be satisfied.

A lot of people enjoy shopping in crowded stores at Christmas time, I happen not to. :D

As far as food options go, no one offers more options then NCL, but that would start a whole new thread! ;)

That makes no sense and you sidestepped the question, but whatever.

Will agree with what you have stated to a point, but let's try this comparison, the Majesty vs the Vista,,,, the comparison makes little sense.

Some have said 8 days are better then 7, but if you're wanting to advance in the Carnival VIFP club, the 7 days is more valuable.

So the thread is really just a joke, but here I am, so the jokes on me too! ;p

And that's why big ships and smaller ships sail mostly full, people want/appreciate different things.

One fact I don't see mentioned is there are more PASSENGERS on the larger ships, that turns me off.

We'll be on the Vista for a b2b in a few weeks, Just to see it, and to go on the southern Caribbean route, but it's very likely we will never go on the Vista again. Why,,, too many passengers!!! We stick to the Carnival Dream Class(wife likes/not me) , RCL Radiance class, or NCL Pearl/Dawn size ships, or smaller.

We leave the larger ships, Oasis Class, Breakaway/Geraway Class, Seaside Class, sized ships for the younger adventurers who need that minute by minute ACTION to be satisfied.

A lot of people enjoy shopping in crowded stores at Christmas time, I happen not to. [emoji3]

As far as food options go, no one offers more options then NCL, but that would start a whole new thread! ;)

To me it’s not how many passengers, but how well ship is planned and what is there for passengers.

To me Carnival Liberty felt much more overcrowded than Freedom of the Seas or Allure of the Seas. Much more even though it is smaller. Same way Anthem feels more crowded than Allure.

We do like Jewel/Dawn classes of NCL much more than Breakaway... again, design issues in pool areas.

To me it’s not how many passengers, but how well ship is planned and what is there for passengers.

To me Carnival Liberty felt much more overcrowded than Freedom of the Seas or Allure of the Seas. Much more even though it is smaller. Same way Anthem feels more crowded than Allure.

We do like Jewel/Dawn classes of NCL much more than Breakaway... again, design issues in pool areas.

I agree with you. Carnival Liberty was one of the most crowded ships I've sailed, second only to Norwegian Escape.

You don't "have" to make reservations ahead of time. Reservations are free, you can noshow without penalty. You book them for the shows you think you are most likely to see. It's basically a fast pass. There is always plenty of seats for standby passengers especially if you get in the line 30 minutes or so before the show. If you prefer to wait in a long line like you do on Carnival, you can still do exactly that and get a seat via standby virtually every time. Why you would do that over skipping the line? No idea. But some people like spilling hot coffee on themselves, some people love long obnoxious lines... It's all good.

You can book a reservation on your TV screen, by the way. You don't have to wait in line to do that unless your significant other wants you to wait until a show is over.

Thats a good idea from your cabin.

I always booked shows onboard from the giant kiosk screen they have somewhere. Or stood in line if the line is short.

Of course booking a character breakfast for instance, isnt even a option on carnival. We always book one of these. I like the chocolate breakfast they serve, and im a adult.

I also get the special breakfast for whatever level i am on rcl, where you have that special breakfast room off to the side of the regular dining room where you can order free capachinos.

But shows, idk, i never know either ahead of time, but yes to a character breakfast.

Of course booking a character breakfast for instance, isnt even a option on carnival..

Then I must assume that you're not familiar with the Cat in the Hat Green Eggs and Ham breakfast, which is currently available on 25/26 ships in the Carnival fleet.https://www.carnival.com/fun-activities/green-eggs-and-ham-breakfast

Thats a good idea from your cabin.

I always booked shows onboard from the giant kiosk screen they have somewhere. Or stood in line if the line is short.

Of course booking a character breakfast for instance, isnt even a option on carnival. We always book one of these. I like the chocolate breakfast they serve, and im a adult.

I also get the special breakfast for whatever level i am on rcl, where you have that special breakfast room off to the side of the regular dining room where you can order free capachinos.

But shows, idk, i never know either ahead of time, but yes to a character breakfast.

I still haven't done a character breakfast on a ship (have at Disney). Maybe we should try it!

We don't really know which shows we'll see. But we'll just book them on the cruise planner ahead of time for the days we are most likely going to want to go. We will often watch shows without reservations, too, if the timing just works out that way.