Carnival Triumph - Cheers Package

kenoqueen

We have 4 of us sailing and we are sharing a room. One of us does not drink. I know the rules are that if one buys the Cheers package, everyone in room must buy it.

My question is this.. if we wait until we board to purchase it at the higher rate, what is the chance that only 3 of us will be allowed to purchase it and the 4th person be excluded? I hate to pay $300 for someone who doesn't drink but it would be more economical for the rest of us rather than paying individually. TIA for your suggestions.

Unless CCL has changed their policy, in order for anyone to purchase Cheers, all passengers (of age) in the same room must purchase it. It is unfortunate and frustrating, but that is my understanding. Others will correct me if I am wrong.

Depending on your own drinking habits, it might still be better deal to use Cheers than buying a la carte, as you have mentioned. If it is a 6 day cruise, then the $50/day, divided by 3 people ($16.67), is the price of 2 bottom shelf drinks per person per day. Factor in the Alchemy bar (not sure if Triumph has one), or finer wines, it could be more worth it.

Another idea, not that I recommend it, is if you plan to go kinda crazy with it, and everyone splits up the non-drinker's drinks gives you an "unofficial" drink limit of 20 instead of 15 per day per person (ie. the non-drinker orders them and hands them off at a different location). Some folks may frown on that, but it is bought and paid for.

The chance of just three of you being allowed to purchase, is zero. Sorry! But as SP pointed out, splitting the cost of the fourth package wouldn't take much to pay for itself. And if your fourth is a coffee / soda / juice etc. person, I think it would be reasonable to ask him or her to kick in $10 or $15 per day, bringing the cost for the rest of you down even further.

Definitely don't wait until you board to purchase - that's just spending an extra $20 (plus tips) per day for no benefit!

Unfortunately, waiting to purchase Cheers on board will accomplish nothing. If one person in the room buys Cheers, either prior to or on board, everyone else in the cabin 21 and over must also purchase it. No exceptions.

Unfortunately you have to buy it for all the people in the room. Don't look at the extra $300 as buying it for that person. Instead just add it up for the 3 people that drink. As you said it's still a better deal than buying the alcohol by the drink without cheers so just have to eat that extra price.

as others have mentioned, it 'might' still be worth it.

if the other 3 people drink around 6 or 7 drinks a day and the person that does not drink still gets water, soda, mocktails, coffee, etc... it still might work out.

there are calculators that have been posted here that you can determine it but it might still make sense

but as others have said to answer your question... NO , there is no chance to get only 3