Leisurely Vigo Views excursion any good?

timbs32

Hi Folks,

Will be going on a Spain/Portugal cruise next month.

Has anyone been on the P & O Excursion Leisurely Vigo Views?

Just wondered what you thought of it?

Travelling with my semi elderly parents (early 70's)

My mum has some mobility issues (cannot walk in the heat for too long/difficulty going up steps) so this excursion sounded like something she could manage.

I know you can just walk around the town but if it is a really hot day than this option would be out and from my understanding as we would be docking on a Sunday most shops would be closed.

Many thanks.

I dont know what this trip consists of, but I can recommend Tours4cruisers who operate trips in Vigo. They do about a 2 hour tour on a coach, stopping off at about 7 points of interest. Always had top notch service from them, and the price is excellent (about 14 euro I think). If you book before going, they will save you seats at the front of the coach, so easier for your mother to get to, if not, you can find them when you get off the ship selling tickets in traditional dress.

Thanks for the reply Dave, I will def take a look.

I have booked the tour with P & O after being on the waitlist but may cancel as it does seem quite overpriced for what it is.

We have just come back from Vigo and we did the tour mentioned by davemorton if it is the one that takes a drive around the town and outskirts. It was a lovely trip and cost us 17 euros each, would thoroughly recommend this, plenty of time for photos etc and also toilet stop. The lady we spoke to when we got off the ship said they normally leave about one and a half hours after the ship docks so that gives plenty of time to get to the coach. I am sure this is the one that P and O describe as visiting the area with three stops but at a much higher price!

Enjoy your cruise.

Another vote for Tours4Cruisers - friendly, efficient, professional. Tours depart from a statue by the main road as you walk out of the port area (not far, a gentle stroll). Many of the guides are university students - the two or three I spoke to all spoke excellent English and were full of knowledge of and pride in their city and region. Much better value than P&O.

Don't know if it is the same tour company as others have mentioned but you can pick up a 2 hr tour outside the tour entrance without the need to pre-book.

The tour takes you further out and visits points of interest that you wouldn't be able to do on your own. One negative was that they didn't give you much time at each of the stops. This was 2 years ago. Might have changed since.

Thanks all for your responses.

Not being a seasoned cruiser, we didn't really know what 3rd party options were available.

It does sound like the Tours4Cruisers would be ideal.

I will cancel the P&O one and reserve some seats