Tampa hotel near a Publix?

39august

There is a Marriott at the marina/river walk/convention center area. Sorry I don't recall the name of the area. You can walk to a Publix from there, it is a few blocks. We were in Ybor City and used Uber to get from the Publix back to our hotel. Short/inexpensive ride.

M

Thanks for the Marriott info. We have no smartphone so no Uber for us. Surely someone familiar with Tampa can give me some more possible hotels. I am pretty sure the one we stayed in before was one of the Choice hotel group,ie Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, etc. or a La Quinta. At any rate it had a lovely aquarium in the lobby. Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Lots of hotels near the TPA airport with a nearby mall (International Mall) as well as drug stores and chain dining options -- I don't specifically recall seeing a Publix in the area, but I'm sure you'll be able to find whatever you are looking for. Most of those hotels should offer free airport shuttles; some will offer port shuttles, or you can use a taxi for about $27+tip for the cab.

Thanks for the Marriott info. We have no smartphone so no Uber for us. Surely someone familiar with Tampa can give me some more possible hotels. I am pretty sure the one we stayed in before was one of the Choice hotel group,ie Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, etc. or a La Quinta. At any rate it had a lovely aquarium in the lobby. Does this ring any bells for anyone?
Other downtown hotels walking distance to Publix are Westin Harbour Island and the Embassy Suites. There are many other hotels downtown but those are I think closest to Publix.

Address of Publix is 243 Bayshore Blvd, Tampa, FL.

I believe there may be a wine store on Harbour Island as well (also walking distance).

I have stayed at both the Westin and the previously recommended Marriott. I also lived in the area for many years and am happy to answer any other questions. Never cruised from Tampa but familiar with the Channelside / cruise terminal area.

There is a small outdoor waterfront bar called "The Sail" right in front of the convention center that is usually my first stop when I am on vacation there!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app