Princess give OBC for Military and STOCKHOLDERS of Carnival stock

Cruz-OR

Military members sailing on Princess or any other Carnival Corp owned ship can also receive stockholder OBC by owning at least 100 shares of Carnival Cruiseline (CCL). This is in addition to the Military OBC. The stockholder benefit is for all cruiselines owned by Carnival Corp. A very generous perk from Carnival.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

One of the best things about Princess! On our Hawaii cruise in April I had $550 OBC total - $50 booking promotion, $250 shareholder and $250 military. Its also per military member. My parents are both prior military as are my sister and her husband, and they got $250 each, not per cabin.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

The veterans OBC granted by Princess is indeed very nice and they let you add up all the OBC they grant. We are on a 14 day cruise next month and I am getting a $250 OBC due to veteran status. The stock holders OBC of $250 is not bad either plus the usual on-board booking OBC and one given by our TA and we will save a lot of money.

The former CEO of Princess was a Viet Nam veteran where he served as an enlisted rifle carrier. He is very active in veteran groups particularly the Viet Nam groups. He has since been promoted to corporate. Thank you Princess.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

My husband and I are both military retirees. We will soon be Elite on Princess because we like to support a cruise line that appreciates us veterans. So we are shareholders as well. We also make sure to buy future cruises while onboard. All these combined gives some valuable OBC. Kudos to Princess and many, many thanks!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
The veterans OBC granted by Princess is indeed very nice and they let you add up all the OBC they grant. We are on a 14 day cruise next month and I am getting a $250 OBC due to veteran status. The stock holders OBC of $250 is not bad either plus the usual on-board booking OBC and one given by our TA and we will save a lot of money.

The former CEO of Princess was a Viet Nam veteran where he served as an enlisted rifle carrier. He is very active in veteran groups particularly the Viet Nam groups. He has since been promoted to corporate. Thank you Princess.

My husband and I are both military retirees. We will soon be Elite on Princess because we like to support a cruise line that appreciates us veterans. So we are shareholders as well. We also make sure to buy future cruises while onboard. All these combined gives some valuable OBC. Kudos to Princess and many, many thanks!!

I have only done one Princess cruise so far, a 14 night Alaskan itinerary out of Vancouver, and got BOTH military AND shareholder OBCs of $250 each. On a base fare of $799pp... THAT makes for a GREAT deal and I hope to do more!

Booking through an on line cruise sight can get you ANOTHER $150 per 14 night cruise.

I am stalking two cruises on Star Princess in December. The first leg is 17 nights from LA to Valparaiso for $999pp with $650 OBC! :eek:

The second leg, 14 nights from Valparaiso to Rio is a bit pricey at $1999pp, but again you can get a total of $650 OBC. ;)

31 nights for $2998pp (taxes and tips extra) with $1,300 OBC is still a pretty sweet deal! :cool:

• 5 months later...

I know that Princess gives Military OBC in addition to the stock owners OBC, but we are traveling on Holland America next month and can't find any information about whether or not they do. They are both owned by Carnival Cruise Line.

• 2 months later...
I know that Princess gives Military OBC in addition to the stock owners OBC, but we are traveling on Holland America next month and can't find any information about whether or not they do. They are both owned by Carnival Cruise Line.

You must have returned home by now, so it is a little late for your last cruise, but Holland America does give OBC to stockholders but they do not give OBC to military. Some specific cruises may have a military benefit.

Princess is to be commended for recognizing military service by giving OBC. This is a great way to thank veterans. Well done Princess.

• Like 1

You must have returned home by now, so it is a little late for your last cruise, but Holland America does give OBC to stockholders but they do not give OBC to military. Some specific cruises may have a military benefit.

I believe that Holland does, (or at least did,, they may not any more) give military on-board credit to active duty, but not to retirees or former active duty. I went online to the H-A website but was unable to find a search window or anything about any military benefit so that may be something that is no longer done. But you are right, Princess is very generous to current or former military and my wife and I certainly do appreciate it.

Tom

Tom, Just found this info about Holland America and Military OBC:

"Holland America offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the Canadian Forces, United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard, Navy, Marines or Merchant Marines. Qualifying guests must present the proper military ID and a driver's license or passport at the time of booking."

Key info is 1) select sailings and 2) active duty.

Found this info on a cruise site that can't be mentioned here.

Tom, Just found this info about Holland America and Military OBC:

"Holland America offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the Canadian Forces, United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard, Navy, Marines or Merchant Marines. Qualifying guests must present the proper military ID and a driver's license or passport at the time of booking."

Key info is 1) select sailings and 2) active duty.

Found this info on a cruise site that can't be mentioned here.

Yep, that's what I thought their policy was, although I couldn't remember what countries were included. Was unable to find any kind of a search location on the H-A website. :confused:

Thanks for providing the info!

Tom

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

Does Carnival give military OBC? I am going on two this year, and they never mentioned this to me. Where/how do I find out more info on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am assuming that you are asking about Carnival Cruise Line itself, not the subsidiary companies in Carnival Corporation. If so, the place to look is https://www.carnival.com/legal/militarytermsandconditions.aspx

Here is what is at that location:

The military promotion is available to the following members of the United States Military and Canadian Department of National Defense:

* Active Personnel

* Spouses of active Military personnel called to active duty or stationed overseas will be eligible to book one

cabin as long as the eligible spouse is occupying this cabin. The spouse must provide proof of eligibility by

submitting a copy of the official military orders and/or duties documentation and proof of marriage.

* Reserve Personnel

* Active Cadets

* U.S Coast Guard Personnel

* Active member of the National Guard

* Uniformed members of the USPHS (U.S Public Health Services)

* Retired Personnel

* Retired member of the National Guard

* Honorably Discharged member of the National Guard

* Veterans, defined as: Individuals who have actively served in the Military for at least two years or during a wartime period and have been honorably discharged.

RESTRICTIONS:

* Rates apply to qualifying military personnel who are permitted to book one stateroom.

* Retired military personnel may book one stateroom and must travel in this stateroom.

* Military rates are not applicable to: 1) employees of the Department of Defense/civilian personnel, 2) Military

Affiliates, and 3) Contractors for the military.

BOOKING PROCEDURES:

* The military personnel must submit verification of eligibility for confirmed bookings.

* Verification of eligibility includes one of the following:

* Copy of the military LES (Leave and Earning statement) – provided the social security number is blackened out.

* Copy of military retirement papers (DD214 or DD256)

* Copy of proof of honorable discharge (Form DD214)

* Proof for Cadets: A letter from his/her Commander or a copy of a military paystub, provided the social security

number is blackened out.

*Canadian Documentation:

• Copy of NDI 20 (Active Members)
  • Copy of NDI 75 (Members that have been honorably discharged and have served at least 10 years)

* Verification documents qualifying the guest for military rates must be submitted for confirmed reservations within

72 hours for cruises outside one week prior to sailing and 24 hours for cruises within one week prior to sailing.

* The Verification of Employment may be faxed, emailed or mailed to our Interline Desk

Email to: Interline@carnival.com

Fax to: (305) 406-6478

Mail to: Carnival Cruise Lines – Guest Services MSGP-456s

3655 N.W. 87 Avenue - Miami FL 33178-2428

* For reservations made Friday through Sunday for guests sailing that Saturday, Sunday or Monday, the Employment verification must be faxed to the Attn of: Reservations Supervisor; fax: (305) 406-7192.

Thanks---is that for the military discount, or the actual military On Board Credit?

Without at least a partial quote of the message you're replying to, I don't know if your comment is to me or someone else but I'm going to assume it wa my post that elicited your question. As I interpret what I found on the Carnival site, that applies to the military discount. As far as I know, and I certainly may be wrong, the only cruise line that gives on-board credit is Princess. The others give reduced prices on cruises.

Tom

• 1 month later...

On our last cruise, we actually had more OBC than we really wanted to spend onboard. We found out that while all other OBCs must be used while on the ship, your Princess military OBC is actually refundable. So a month after the cruise, we received a check in the mail. So it became a discount on the total cost of the cruise. Thanks again, Princess!!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On our last cruise, we actually had more OBC than we really wanted to spend onboard. We found out that while all other OBCs must be used while on the ship, your Princess military OBC is actually refundable. So a month after the cruise, we received a check in the mail. So it became a discount on the total cost of the cruise. Thanks again, Princess!!

The only thing you have to be careful about is that the refund check for the military OBC appears similar to junk mail according to some people who have accidentally trashed their refund check. So keep a sharp lookout when you've got a refund coming. Right now it's taking 4 weeks plus for the refund checks to come in, so don't get too anxious! ;)

Tom

• 2 months later...

Just to add a little to the discussion. Princess and P&O Australia also offer the same OBC for Australian military and ex military. This shows up when you view the Aust version of their web site.

A question re the Shareholders credits. Can each of two people in a cabin claim this benefit it they are both shareholders?

Just to add a little to the discussion. Princess and P&O Australia also offer the same OBC for Australian military and ex military. This shows up when you view the Aust version of their web site.

A question re the Shareholders credits. Can each of two people in a cabin claim this benefit it they are both shareholders?

I believe that is restricted to 1 per stateroom, but I'm not sure about that. It might be okay if the shareholders are not spouses. I know the military OBC is not restricted to 1 per stateroom.

Tom

I believe that is restricted to 1 per stateroom, but I'm not sure about that. It might be okay if the shareholders are not spouses. I know the military OBC is not restricted to 1 per stateroom.

Tom

Thanks.

My wife and I both get the military OBC but I've not previously heard of the shareholders offer.

• 4 weeks later...

I may be an isolated incident but I have been trying for 3 weeks to get Princess to credit my $250 OBC.

I did exactly as they requested on their form and as of yet have not received the credit.

Anybody with similar issues please post a reply.

• 2 months later...
I may be an isolated incident but I have been trying for 3 weeks to get Princess to credit my $250 OBC.

I did exactly as they requested on their form and as of yet have not received the credit.

Did you receive the credit? I hope so.

Edited by geocruiser

• 5 months later...

Did you ever call them or get any resolution to your problem?

Tom

Did you ever call them or get any resolution to your problem?

Tom

I'm interested to know also.

My wife and I are both entitled to the Military Credits. Hers always apply automatically and I have to always chase it up to get it put on there. They have played with my account multiple times but still can't seem to get it sorted automatically.