Blood Power on Elation

tunes3540

For those of you that haven't seen the band, Blood Power, here they are. This is a video I shot with my Kodak V550 camera on board Elation on our Dec '05 cruise. These guys were great! This is a cut of the Pink Floyd song "Another brick in the wall". This is the solo and the end of the song. They did a great version that started and ended with the "Macarena". Check it out.

I have a few other clips of Blood Power if you want to see them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love Blood Power...its a shame you didnt capture some vocal cause these guys are awesome and can hold their ground with anyone.The Elation is VERY lucky to have them..I dont think most groups on cruise ships get much more than a 6 month contract at a time.They could be playing in Vegas for top $ ! Dot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I love Blood Power...its a shame you didnt capture some vocal cause these guys are awesome and can hold their ground with anyone.The Elation is VERY lucky to have them..I dont think most groups on cruise ships get much more than a 6 month contract at a time.They could be playing in Vegas for top $ ! Dot

I totally agree with your comments about Blood Power. I saw them on the Conquest last Sept and they really rocked the boat along with the Piano guy Damien.

Robb

• 1 month later...

I saw this band performed on the Carnival Paradise on July 15. I felt in love with them instantly. I love Albert's and Phil's (drummer) voice. Does anyone know how I can contact the Blood Power band? And if you have more of their performances, please post. Thank you!

They have a website and you can leave a message in their guest book..but the site doesnt have a contact us page..unless you are business related..http://www.bloodpower.com...Dot

I visited their website, which is www.bloodpowerband.com, but neither the guessbook nor the business inquiry form work. I even have trouble playing their songs posted on the website :( .

Yeah,I know for a fact the songs dont work...but havent tried the other stuff....a girl I work with use to have their email address...but even if she still has it,dont know they would want it given out..but if she talks to them,I will ask her...Dot

• 2 months later...

:cool:

I love Blood Power...its a shame you didnt capture some vocal cause these guys are awesome and can hold their ground with anyone.The Elation is VERY lucky to have them..I dont think most groups on cruise ships get much more than a 6 month contract at a time.They could be playing in Vegas for top $ ! Dot[/quote............................we cruised twice in 2005 and 2006...we recorded about 50 songs and made cd's for our personal use only....been listening to them almost everyday....blood power band is just awesome...

the boys became like a family to us....they email us almost everyweek now....they are on carnival paradise since april of 2007....

:) we have been on 2 cruises where blood power is on board...we recorded about 50 songs of their live shows and transferred them to cd's..

it is an absolute joy listening to them almost everyday.. the boys are on carnival paradise as of april 2007 and became just like an extended family to us..they email us almost everyweek now...from long beach,,,,,,

Hi Dalsal; I feel the same way about Music Boardwalk as you do about Blood Power. And I agree as well that they could be making top dollar also. It's a shame they can't get over here. I don't know what the problem is. I would think that it can't be that hard to cross the border. Everybody else seems too. Mary49:D

hi,mary 49..heard about "music boardwalk" from another band member from "music power", when we cruised last july 2007...he said this band is as good as the blood power....which carnival ship are they on right now?..post reply if you knew where they are....thanks....:)

hi,mary 49..heard about "music boardwalk" from another band member from "music power", when we cruised last july 2007...he said this band is as good as the blood power....which carnival ship are they on right now?..post reply if you knew where they are....thanks....:)

Hi eheinitz, Music Boardwalk is now on break for 2 months and they said starting in December will be on Carnival Freedom. I don't know for how long because contracts vary. They are terrific. They play 50s, 60s, 70s 80s. My favorite MB song is Stairway to Heaven. They also do The Wall, and Free Bird. I'm sure you will become a fan of theirs once you hear them. They sound better than the originals. No tricks either to their music. Hope you get to see them. Mary49

• 3 months later...
For those of you that haven't seen the band, Blood Power, here they are. This is a video I shot with my Kodak V550 camera on board Elation on our Dec '05 cruise. These guys were great! This is a cut of the Pink Floyd song "Another brick in the wall". This is the solo and the end of the song. They did a great version that started and ended with the "Macarena". Check it out.

I have a few other clips of Blood Power if you want to see them.

I would like to see them...

My wife and I loved this band last year on the Carnival Conquest Jan 07 so much we just took the same cruise a year latter only to find no music on board to speak of. Where is Blook Power at now? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Wendell

I would also like to know on what ship Blood Power is now playing.

• 3 months later...

Don't know if you've ever cruised with them before, but I just got off a cruise on the Ecstasy and went to see a band in the Chinatown Lounge called Blackjack Band and they were AWSOME! Much more talented than Blood Power Band. All American and the lead guitar player also plays fiddle and Steel guitar and they play every kind of music! From Country to Heart! The female singer is great! Never heard anyone sing like her before!!! If you cruise on the Ecstasy, check them out!!!

Don't know if you've ever cruised with them before, but I just got off a cruise on the Ecstasy and went to see a band in the Chinatown Lounge called Blackjack Band and they were AWSOME! Much more talented than Blood Power Band. All American and the lead guitar player also plays fiddle and Steel guitar and they play every kind of music! From Country to Heart! The female singer is great! Never heard anyone sing like her before!!! If you cruise on the Ecstasy, check them out!!!

Hard to believe they are better than Blood Power!!! They are awesome!!:D

Hard to believe they are better than Blood Power!!! They are awesome!!:D

I have to agree with you there. Especially if the other band is putting in some fiddle music Eke!

I had the pleasure of seeing Blood Power on both of my cruises on the Elation and was suprised when we walked into the lounge on the Conquest and there they were. While on the Conquest we were drawn to whatever lounge they were playing in each and every night.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived