9-13-18 Thursday weigh-in

Lose Before You Cruise
A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:58 PM.
Bridgeport, WV
984 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Good job Gorgie!
Safe travels everyone. Sounds like thereíll be a lot of us traveling in the coming month. Im still 14weeks out unfortunately. Everyone enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
@spridlewv (ig/twitter)
Roseville, CA USA
2,934 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Belle, yes, we're packed and ready to go. Hubby is a procrastinator so I had to prod him today to pack. All done.

Gorgie, good loss. Little vistories add up and I know keep me motivated.

I may not be back on after this. Busy getting ready. Transfer company picks us up Monday at 4am (yikes).

Everyone be well and happy losing. I will try to check-in here and there.

Diana
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

3/19/2018 Carnival Legend 333 Day Tasmania/South Pacific/Tahiti (I'm now Diamond on Carnival!)
1/27/2018 Ruby Princess 7 Day Mexican Riviera
10/26/2017 Celebrity 10 Day Southern Caribbean
9/3/2017 NCL 7 day Alaska
9/10/2016 Carnival Miracle 7 day Mexico
4/16/2016 & 4/23/2016 NCL Spirit Western Caribbean and Transatlantic to Barcelona
1/16/2016 Carnival Miracle 16 day Hawaii
5/15/2015 Celebrity Infinity 11 day Alaska
10/11/2014 Carnival Miracle Mexican Riviera
4/27/2014 NCL Dawn 12 day Carribean Repositioning
9/29/2013 Carnival Sunshine 12 day Western Mediterranean
9/2/2012 Carnival Legend/Exotic Western Carribean
3/16/2012 Carnival Spirit 9 Day Mexico
10/26/2011 NCL Jade to Greece, Turkey, Egypt
4/17/2011 NCL Pearl Panama Canal
9/4/2010 RCCL Vision of the Seas Baltic
4/18/2010 Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean
4/26/2009 Carnival Splendor Swine Flu/Not So Mexican Riviera
4/26/2008 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
10/2007 Carnival Freedom Transatlantic
5/2006 Carnival Liberty 12 day Mediterranean
4/2005 Carnival Spirit12 day Hawaii
2/2004 Carnival Legend/Exotic Western Carib.
4/2003 HAL Statendam/Sea of Cortez
9/2002 Carnival Holiday/Western Caribbean
4/2001 Carnival Paradise/Western Caribbean
4/2000 Carnival Inspiration/Southern Caribbean
5/1999 RCCL/Alaska
4/1998 NCL/Pacific Coastal
5/1997 Carnival Jubilee/Mexican Riviera
2/1996 Carnival Holiday/ 4 day Baja
11/1995 Carnival Tropicale
6/1992 RCCL Viking Serenade/4 day Baja
11/1991 Carnival Jubilee
6/1981 Pacific Princess/Pacific Coastal
Minnesota
393 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Hi Everyone-

Sorry Iíve been MIA. The last few weeks have not gone according to plan. Our trip to Virginia went well. My son graduated from AIT with honors but was sick again starting the weekend after graduation. Luckily, it didnít turn into a full blown case of pneumonia again. He deployed last Monday afternoon.

My car was in for service that day and was supposed to be ready by 5 but they were running late so the dealer said just keep the loaner and pick up your car tomorrow since I had my first class of fall semester Monday night. I get home from class and realize I gave them my main set of keys and not the 2nd set. Emergency key is missing, sunroom door is locked. Older son doesnít have a bus card to come let me in. Dogs are whining because they know itís me. I get the ladder out of the garage, climb on the room of the sunroom to go in through the French door which is always open....only itís jammed and wonít open. Iíve always gone up that way but never had to get down. I get my left leg on the ladder ok but my right leg is too far of a stretch and I fall. I broke both bones in my right lower leg all the way across horizontally plus multiple fractures that extend up into the knee joint itself. I had my first surgery Tuesday afternoon for temporary pins and an external fixation device. I will need a 2nd surgery either later this week or next week to get the permanent plates and screws.

On the upside, my appetite is down so Iím optimistic Iíll meet my goal in no time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

4,659 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Oh Katmu I'm so sorry. I hope someone found you right away. Also hope your
not in to much pain. Right now just get well as soon as you can , part of that is
eating healthy foods. Don't worry about weight gain or loss right now.

Congrats to son for graduating. Glad he wasn't as sick as he could of been.
Bridgeport, WV
984 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Very sorry that happened Katmu. I guess youíll have to focus on diet rather than exercise for a while, but thats not a bad thing. And theres definitely nothing wrong with looking at the bright side! Glad your sonís graduation went well. Take care of yourself.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
@spridlewv (ig/twitter)
Mesa, AZ
2,383 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Oh crap Katmu, that really stinks! Hopefully the mending and recovery goes by quickly without too much discomfort.

I'm the same on ladders - can fly up them like nothing, working at heights - no big deal. But when I have to step off a platform back onto one - I swear my heart rate pegs. Something about swinging my legs over blind just doesn't agree with me...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NY
1,527 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
katmu, I am so sorry about your fall. Please take care of yourself. Good luck with your subsequent surgeries.

Rose
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

]
Minnesota
393 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Belle
Oh Katmu I'm so sorry. I hope someone found you right away. Also hope your
not in to much pain. Right now just get well as soon as you can , part of that is
eating healthy foods. Don't worry about weight gain or loss right now.

Congrats to son for graduating. Glad he wasn't as sick as he could of been.
The other funny thing was that I had to crawl 30 feet to get back to my cell phone to call 911 and at that time of night the mosquitoes were out in force. I had a few choice words for those mosquitoes.

I started PT today so Iíll be working out the left leg to maintain strength there and eventually upper body strength also so Iím hoping I can maintain some level of fitness for the next 3 months.

But yes no real diet right now.

I heard from my son that he has arrived safely at his new post so that makes me feel better.

Iíll try to live vicariously through everyone else for a while.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Bangor, Maine
7,548 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
WOW - I go away for a week and everyone on this thread seems to have had quite the interesting week!

I didn't weigh myself on Thursday (cruising and weighing just don't go together). We were to go to Bermuda, but instead we ended up doing a Canada/New England cruise. Stopped at Bar Harbor and went and had lunch ... I know a few of the servers there so got a chance to talk. I am disappointed that we didn't go as originally planned, but anywhere on a cruise is fun.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and will tough base on Thursday! Jan

PS - Happy Birthday to me!!! Having all the kids and DH for pizza tonight (plus cake doesn't count on one's birthday!)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
8/17/03 - Voyager of the Seas Cruise - & 30th wedding anniversary
10/28/06 - Radiance of the Seas Cruise - DH 55th Birthday cruise
8/4/07 - Carnival Triumph - DS 16th's Birthday Cruise
8/17/08 - Mariner of the Seas - & 35th wedding anniversary
8/23/09 - Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean cruise -36th anniversary - 5 days late
10/9/10 - Radiance of the Seas - From Tampa, FL-DD's first cruise
10/8/11 - Oasis of the Seas - Eastern (DH's early 60th birthday)
9/14/12 - NCL Dawn - Boston to Bermuda (Jan's 60th birthday cruise - oh my!)
8/17/13 - Oasis - B2B Cruise - 40th Anniversary (DS & DDIL (first leg of cruise - 1st anniversary).
8/24/13 - Oasis - 2nd leg of the cruise
9/5/2014 - NCL Dawn - Boston to Bermuda - 1st suite - mortgage paid off celebration!!!
8/15/2015 - Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean cruise (3 new ports) - 42nd Anniversary
4/16/2016 - Navigator of the Seas - 8 day Eastern - "Girls Cruise" - sister's first cruise.
9/16/2016 - Explorer of the Seas - 7 day Pacific Northwest - 1st time on the west coast & Jan Birthday cruise - 1st cruise as Diamond
4/14/2017 - Navigator of the Seas - 9 day Cruise (1 new port) -
10/20/2017 - Serenade of the Seas - 12 day Re-positioning cruise - Boston to Ft.Lauderdale
3/24/2018 - Hawaii Pride of America - all new adventure with DH's siblings
9/7/2018 - NCL Dawn - Boston to Bermuda - this is first cruise for DS's MIL - Ended up in Canada (thanks Flo)
4/14/2019 - Celebrity Edge - 7 day Western - 1st time with Celebrity - Brother & SIL & Sister are going too!
11/8/2019 - NCL Gem - 13 day from Boston to Caribbean - 1 new port
2020 - Family cruise (destination to be announced) -
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. (William Penn)
4,659 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Jan Happy Birthday! Music, dancers and food still in the party room!!!
Have a good time with family tonight!

Sorry the cruise didn't go where you wanted but better to be safe and least you were
on a cruise. Hope you still had fun.
Bridgeport, WV
984 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Happy Birthday Jan! I love both of those itineraries, but my wife feels a bit more like you. A cruise is a cruise though, so Im sure it was good.

Our final is due on the Christmas cruise, and Im still struggling with second thoughts. I really, really dislike Royal Caribbean. But this deal was too good to pass up. Its the Grandeur, which isnít new and flashy by any means, but we still enjoyed sailing her 10yrs ago. The Norwegian Escape at Thanksgiving is what weíd typically do, but passed on it this year. Now that rate is way down tempting me further. But Id be insane to pick a 7day Bahamas itinerary over a 12day far eastern Caribbean! Ok, sorry. Its whats on my mind anyway.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
@spridlewv (ig/twitter)
Bridgeport, WV
984 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
I know thats the right answer Belle. Im just being stubborn, as Iím apt to do.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
@spridlewv (ig/twitter)
Bangor, Maine
7,548 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
I have cruised both RCCL and NCL and my preference is RCCL ... also agree, go for the longer cruise ... nothing better than being on a ship at sea ... enjoy!! Jan
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
8/17/03 - Voyager of the Seas Cruise - & 30th wedding anniversary
10/28/06 - Radiance of the Seas Cruise - DH 55th Birthday cruise
8/4/07 - Carnival Triumph - DS 16th's Birthday Cruise
8/17/08 - Mariner of the Seas - & 35th wedding anniversary
8/23/09 - Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean cruise -36th anniversary - 5 days late
10/9/10 - Radiance of the Seas - From Tampa, FL-DD's first cruise
10/8/11 - Oasis of the Seas - Eastern (DH's early 60th birthday)
9/14/12 - NCL Dawn - Boston to Bermuda (Jan's 60th birthday cruise - oh my!)
8/17/13 - Oasis - B2B Cruise - 40th Anniversary (DS & DDIL (first leg of cruise - 1st anniversary).
8/24/13 - Oasis - 2nd leg of the cruise
9/5/2014 - NCL Dawn - Boston to Bermuda - 1st suite - mortgage paid off celebration!!!
8/15/2015 - Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean cruise (3 new ports) - 42nd Anniversary
4/16/2016 - Navigator of the Seas - 8 day Eastern - "Girls Cruise" - sister's first cruise.
9/16/2016 - Explorer of the Seas - 7 day Pacific Northwest - 1st time on the west coast & Jan Birthday cruise - 1st cruise as Diamond
4/14/2017 - Navigator of the Seas - 9 day Cruise (1 new port) -
10/20/2017 - Serenade of the Seas - 12 day Re-positioning cruise - Boston to Ft.Lauderdale
3/24/2018 - Hawaii Pride of America - all new adventure with DH's siblings
9/7/2018 - NCL Dawn - Boston to Bermuda - this is first cruise for DS's MIL - Ended up in Canada (thanks Flo)
4/14/2019 - Celebrity Edge - 7 day Western - 1st time with Celebrity - Brother & SIL & Sister are going too!
11/8/2019 - NCL Gem - 13 day from Boston to Caribbean - 1 new port
2020 - Family cruise (destination to be announced) -
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. (William Penn)
NY
1,527 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Jan, I hope that you had a wonderful birthday yesterday.

Mike, I would absolutely do the RCI cruise, but I am a fan of Royal's. I have been on Carnival, Royal and Princess and Royal is my favorite by far. I have not been on the Grandeur, but on her sister ship, the Splendor. That is not my favorite class of ship, but I would be happy to be on a cruise on most any ship.

Rose
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

]
Bridgeport, WV
984 Posts
Joined Oct 2002
Thanks guys. I appreciate your advice as always.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike
@spridlewv (ig/twitter)
4,659 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Mike don't you like all the women giving our opinions? But we're right!
Only thing is there's only one woman you have to listen to..Your Wife!
Mesa, AZ
2,383 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
A reasonably aware male realizes "opinion" and "suggestions" are code words for "orders"... !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature