MSC Armonia Hits Dock Today

sidari

What I find odd is that...

1) Ship appears to be coming in too fast

2) Didn't see any Port personnel on the dock when they panned the camera at the end

3) How could the Captain botch a docking like that?? Wasn't anywhere near the dock?? Its like he came in on a 45 degree angle

Weird stuff???

To me it looked like the anchor was dropped as it came screaming into dock. I am wondering if maybe the thrusters were stuck in forward or the couldnt get reverse thrusters for whatever reason. It looks like a controlled crash than a mistake to me.

Doesn't look like the Anchor was down...but some type of rope looked out. You may have a point on the controlled crash.... There didn't look like much more water ahead and he could have grounded the ship and caused more potential damage to ship if missing the dock

Are you sure this is legit? I googled 'Msc Armonia' and nothing about this came up. Anybody seen it reported anywhere other then Facebook?

Are you suggesting that someone created an exact replica of the ship and staged all of this as some sort of publicity stunt?

If so, I’m impressed!

To me it looked like the anchor was dropped as it came screaming into dock. I am wondering if maybe the thrusters were stuck in forward or the couldnt get reverse thrusters for whatever reason. It looks like a controlled crash than a mistake to me.

I saw the same thing. It looked like the captain dropped anchor in an attempt to slow the boat.

Are you sure this is legit? I googled 'Msc Armonia' and nothing about this came up. Anybody seen it reported anywhere other then Facebook?

If you look at ship tracker, the last position is a few hours ago approaching the dock at the angle of hit going 8.7 knots. No reports since. Seems pretty strong confirmation.

HD video in a Celebrity group shows that the ship is holed with pumps operating, both anchors deployed and massive amounts of water being pumped out from anchor openings. She appears to have hit rocks after hitting the jetty.

Edited by BigAl94

HD video in a Celebrity group shows that the ship is holed with pumps operating both anchors deployed and massive amounts of water being pumped out from anchor openings. She appears to have hit rocks after hitting the jetty.

What rocks? where this info come from?

Maybe the computer systems failed somehow. I can’t believe anyone is that incompetent. However, not reassuring if it was a computer failure. Whatever the case, the dock is screwed. Hopefully it doesn’t affect the locals too much and they find a way to get passengers there.

HD video in a Celebrity group shows that the ship is holed with pumps operating, both anchors deployed and massive amounts of water being pumped out from anchor openings. She appears to have hit rocks after hitting the jetty.

Where could one find such video?

Are you suggesting that someone created an exact replica of the ship and staged all of this as some sort of publicity stunt?

If so, I’m impressed!

:'):'):')