Marina Bay cruise centre Singapore query

lorri111

Hi, we are on the Sapphire Princess out of Singapore in a few months and I am not familiar with the new(ish) cruise terminal. How busy does it tend to get and when do they start processing passengers? We are advised that boarding will be from 12.30 but am hoping we can at least get the paperwork done earlier - our plane gets in at 6.30am and I would like to check in and perhaps look around area afterwards. Is 10am too early to turn up?

Hi, we are on the Sapphire Princess out of Singapore in a few months and I am not familiar with the new(ish) cruise terminal. How busy does it tend to get and when do they start processing passengers? We are advised that boarding will be from 12.30 but am hoping we can at least get the paperwork done earlier - our plane gets in at 6.30am and I would like to check in and perhaps look around area afterwards. Is 10am too early to turn up?

10am should be fine to clear immigration. After checking in, you will be at holding area. Nothing there to do at the holding area but wait till boarding. Don't think they will allow you out of the immigration while you are in the holding area.

You can arrive as early as you like and get rid of your heavy luggage. If you then proceed through immigration you probably won't be allowed back out and may have a long wait till boarding. We always drop off luggage and then walk to the subway station to have a few hours in town until we are ready to return to complete paperwork and board.

So it is possible to drop off luggage and come back later for formalities?

Yes it is very easily done. Make sure your luggage is labelled correctly and you drop off for correct ship if there is more than one ship in town. The luggage guys will be there on the footpath as soon as you get out of the cab.

Definitely seems the way to go, we can go there direct from airport, drop off bags and then wander around a while before starting the paperwork. Thanks for all the help.

That's exactly what we do every time. Just be aware there is really nothing within walking distance of Marina Bay Cruise terminal except the subway station. Two stops in the train gets you to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel where you can easily kill a couple of hours or cross the road to the Gardens by the Bay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, zowie57 said:

Yes it is very easily done. Make sure your luggage is labelled correctly and you drop off for correct ship if there is more than one ship in town. The luggage guys will be there on the footpath as soon as you get out of the cab.

How early can you drop off luggage at the terminal ?- the sooner we can drop it off the more time we will have to look around before completing formalities. Could we drop it off as early as7-8am?