Ovation/Anthem/Quantum otS Obstructed Balcony Deck 7 Question

Hello fellow cruisers,

we would like to book a Transpacific cruise onboard Ovation of the Seas.

Cheapest balcony category is 2E - obstructed view.

We are interested in reviews and pictures regarding the shape of the cabin, location of the bed, and obstruction view (life boats?!) for cabins:

7254, 7260, 7690

Please help us!

Thank you,

Stefanie

I stayed on Anthem of the seas and from the Ovation deck plans, I would pick 7260.This is because the balcony is larger than the other cabins of this grade. The lifeboat view is blocking about 25-35% of the view if looking from laying on the bed. (couldn't say if bed by window or bathroom).You will see more of the lifeboat if stood on the balcony and looked down. But as you look out, instead of down, we didn't find this a problem or issue.

Hello fellow cruisers,

we would like to book a Transpacific cruise onboard Ovation of the Seas.

Cheapest balcony category is 2E - obstructed view.

We are interested in reviews and pictures regarding the shape of the cabin, location of the bed, and obstruction view (life boats?!) for cabins:

7254, 7260, 7690

Please help us!

Thank you,

Stefanie

I find it interesting that 7254 and 7260 are considered obstructed on Ovation but not on Anthem.

7254 is a Square cabin with more frontage on the water. 7260 will be more recessed with more shelter and shade. Read this thread about the Square Cabins on Anthem. Post 3 contains links to videos and pictures.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2622300 look at the video of 7258.

I like the Square cabins. The shower is rectangular with a glass door. The room just feels more spacious. IMO the chair is comfortable as opposed to the standard balcony couch which I don't find comfortable and is a waste of space. You will have a much wider bright ocean view from the Square cabin. 7260 will be recessed enough to affect your ocean view and the brightness in your cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
I find it interesting that 7254 and 7260 are considered obstructed on Ovation but not on Anthem.

7254 is a Square cabin with more frontage on the water. 7260 will be more recessed with more shelter and shade. Read this thread about the Square Cabins on Anthem. Post 3 contains links to videos and pictures.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2622300 look at the video of 7258.

I like the Square cabins. The shower is rectangular with a glass door. The room just feels more spacious. IMO the chair is comfortable as opposed to the standard balcony couch which I don't find comfortable and is a waste of space. You will have a much wider bright ocean view from the Square cabin. 7260 will be recessed enough to affect your ocean view and the brightness in your cabin.

Thank you so much for your information!

We decided for 7254 :)

• 8 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 5:26 PM, SteffilovesRCCL said:

Thank you so much for your information!

We decided for 7254 :)

Hi there,

we are staying in room 7254 in June for an Alaska cruise! When is your trip? Will you please share a picture or description of the obstructed view? Thank you :)!