Oasis/ Quantum class

Going on freedom in March 2019 and am also going on a cruise either December 2020 or early 2021. I know that’s so far away but a few questions!

1) we’ve done freedom of the seas twice now and would like to go on one of the oasis class or quantum class boats next. If you had to choose one boat in the oasis or quantum class that you would recommend/is your favorite taking out cost and itinerary, what would it be? And most importantly, why?

2) If you’ve done a holiday cruise, what were your thoughts? Worth it? Or no? and why?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cnjoy26

Going on freedom in March 2019 and am also going on a cruise either December 2020 or early 2021. I know that’s so far away but a few questions!

1) we’ve done freedom of the seas twice now and would like to go on one of the quantum class boats next. If you had to choose one boat in the quantum class that you would recommend/is your favorite taking out cost and itinerary, what would it be? And most importantly, why?

2) If you’ve done a holiday cruise, what were your thoughts? Worth it? Or no? and why?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Of all the classes I've done, Quantum was my least favorite. It's a winter ship so it all felt very closed in and somewhat claustrophobic.

We won't know about December 2020 itineraries (and ship placements) for another year.

Let me clarify. Not concerned about the itinerary, just curious what boat in either the oasis or quantum class you prefer or loved, if any.

Let me clarify. Not concerned about the itinerary, just curious what boat in either the oasis or quantum class you prefer or loved, if any.

So you are OK with traveling to China for a cruise?

If given the choice between all Oasis and Quantum class ships, Allure is my favorite. I find it to be the most well run, the staff to be the most inviting and the overall experience to be standout.

If grand suite or better I would pick Harmony. If diamond or diamond plus and not in a suite I would pick oasis or allure. The diamond lounge is much nicer on oasis and allure than harmony but if I was in a suite then I would be using the SL and wouldn’t care. The harmony has a hot tub on the suite sun deck which was very nice to have. Oasis/allure don’t have that so if not in a suite then who cares about that.

If you are less then diamond then I’d go with Harmony because it is the newest.

Never been on quantum class but they aren’t much bigger than freedom class and when we went from freedom class to oasis it was a huge wow factor for us. There is absolutely nothing like oasis class. Period.

I LOVE Oasis Class and recommend them to all. If possible, give the Harmony a try as she is still quite a new ship and should have decent prices when Symphony gets to the USA.

Quantum Class was just a money generating con, especially that awful Esplanade. I did like Two70, the North Star and the Bumper Cars, but that class of ship was not for me. Perfect for the Chinese market.

It seems that most people I talk to prefer Oasis Class ships to Quantum. That's not to say each don't have their plusses and minuses, but I hear and read much more negative about Quantum class than I ever have Oasis.

Oasis class is our favorite class in the fleet overall, having been on every class except Quantum.

We sail on Oasis the most often because we enjoy sailing out of Port Canaveral, but of the three, Harmony is my favorite so far because of the modern decor. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on any of the Oasis class again, I just give the slight nod to Harmony.

It seems that most people I talk to prefer Oasis Class ships to Quantum. That's not to say each don't have their plusses and minuses, but I hear and read much more negative about Quantum class than I ever have Oasis.

IMO, that's because Royal designed the Oasis Class with the WOW factor and guest satisfaction in mind. Quantum Class is just a bunch of gimmicks to lull one into booking it, and then it is a money generator for Royal. That's all that class is designed for - to make more money. I heard that they do have a cool crew area though!

I like both the Oasis and Quantum class. If I need cold weather protection, Quantum is the best option given all the available indoor venues to keep busy in this environment (think winter, New England or transatlantic). I really enjoyed all the "different" activities like I-fly, Northstar, bumper cars, puzzle room, etc. If I am in warm weather, I prefer Oasis class, ocean view balc though. (I am not Diamond so all those "perks" are irrelevant) I like having a connection to the ocean and the other rooms on Oasis class do not provide me this. (ie: central / boardwalk balcs) Oasis has many activities and will keep you entertained. Both ships are great destinations in themselves. Have a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Sept. 22, 2016 cruise on Anthem, which was the largest ship we have cruised on. It was too big for us, but saying that, we did like the I-fly and the Northstar. Kept getting disoriented and making the wrong turn when we come out of our cabin. Don't know if it was just something about the ship that made us do it or what. Will be doing a Nov. 2018 cruise on the Oasis. Would like any tips about cruising on the Oasis. Have booked a GS and meeting another couple from another cruise that also booked the same cruise. Have to learn about all the things we need to reserve before going, like dining times and locations. We are currently Diamond and will make Diamond plus soon.

The cruise we liked best of our 11 RCCL cruises, was the 23 day transpacific cruise in Oct 2017 abroad Explorer. The cruise was the most relaxing we have taken so far and it also was our 50th wedding anniversary cruise. We really liked it and this cruise was our second cruise on Explorer. Our very first RCCL cruise was on the Explorer back in Dec. 2004.

I guess we go against the tide. We prefer Quantum class over Oasis class. Plenty to do on both classes, but Oasis always seemed crowded, venues too small making it hard to get seats if at all. Oasis is the only ship we were on that had a waiting line outside the entrance every day to get a seat in the WJ. Quantum class never seemed crowded. However, Oasis class has better shows and Aqua-Theater.

1) we’ve done freedom of the seas twice now and would like to go on one of the oasis class or quantum class boats next. If you had to choose one boat in the oasis or quantum class that you would recommend/is your favorite taking out cost and itinerary, what would it be? And most importantly, why?

Thanks for your help!!!!

I would hands down recommend Oasis class over the Quantum class. We have sailed on Royal many times and the most disappointing cruise was on the Quantum. It isn't well designed and always seemed very crowded. The flow of the ship wasn't good. I have done Holiday cruises on Royal and Celebrity and had a ball. If you have children that are off during the holiday's they will truly enjoy the ships. Actually, if you sail end of January or beginning of December you will save money- And less kids on the ships.

We really like the Western Caribbean ports on a one week cruise and the more southern Caribbean ports are our favorite on a two week cruise. But we will not sail on the Quantum class again.

I LOVE Oasis Class and recommend them to all. If possible, give the Harmony a try as she is still quite a new ship and should have decent prices when Symphony gets to the USA.

Quantum Class was just a money generating con, especially that awful Esplanade. I did like Two70, the North Star and the Bumper Cars, but that class of ship was not for me. Perfect for the Chinese market.

Quantum Class and Oasis class are two completely different types of ships, and I enjoyed both for there own reasons. Now, I think the Espanade is just like the Promenade on the ships. Since I don't shop, I didn't like either.

Now, I have been on the Quantum last year, and I can't understand the statement, "Perfect for the Chinese market"? Why is it perfect? One of them next year will be in Alaska, one in Beijing, one in Shanghai, and one in New Jersey. They are cold weather ships, not warm weather. Now, if you said they are perfect for "cold weather" locations, than I would understand since they will all be in cold weather locations.

The cruise on Quantum was one of my most favorite cruises to date, and looking forward to going again next year.

Quantum Class and Oasis class are two completely different types of ships, and I enjoyed both for there own reasons. Now, I think the Espanade is just like the Promenade on the ships. Since I don't shop, I didn't like either.

Now, I have been on the Quantum last year, and I can't understand the statement, "Perfect for the Chinese market"? Why is it perfect? One of them next year will be in Alaska, one in Beijing, one in Shanghai, and one in New Jersey. They are cold weather ships, not warm weather. Now, if you said they are perfect for "cold weather" locations, than I would understand since they will all be in cold weather locations.

The cruise on Quantum was one of my most favorite cruises to date, and looking forward to going again next year.

The Esplanade isn't anything like the Promenade. It's short and narrow, and the large number of high end shops is a prime reason that I think it is perfect for China. It was a disappointing venue compared to the Promenade on Oasis Class, and even Freedom and Voyager Class. That cafe "La Patisserie" was a blatant con, as the quality of the Cafe Promenade on AN was dire, and to get something decent, you have to go to La Patisserie at a charge.

Whilst I am glad that I gave Anthem a try, I will not be booking that ship again, especially now that I have done Harmony and soon on Symphony.

The Esplanade isn't anything like the Promenade. It's short and narrow, and the large number of high end shops is a prime reason that I think it is perfect for China. It was a disappointing venue compared to the Promenade on Oasis Class, and even Freedom and Voyager Class. That cafe "La Patisserie" was a blatant con, as the quality of the Cafe Promenade on AN was dire, and to get something decent, you have to go to La Patisserie at a charge.

Whilst I am glad that I gave Anthem a try, I will not be booking that ship again, especially now that I have done Harmony and soon on Symphony.

Agree. The Harmony was wonderful and I also look foward to sailing on the Symphony. Wonderful well designed ships

OK, but the Chinese also did not shop much in the high end shops, but they loved looking for bargains when the sales were on. You know, they aren't any different than us, and since the ship leaves from Shanghai area, they can shop till they drop any day just like if you lived in NYC. The shopping opportunities in Shanghai actually puts NYC to shame.