Disembarkation Time

Culdesacmama

Hi Cruisers!

We'll be on Allure of the Seas in November. On the final day, the ship docks at 6:15 a.m. What time can we expect to be off the ship? Flight times were really tricky, and we need to make a 10:45 flight, so were hoping to be off by 8:00 a.m. Is this possible? We are suite holders--not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

If you are in a full suite, you will be some of the first to get off. You will meet in the lounge, and the concierge will take you down and off as soon as clearance is given.

But, the ship has NO control over how long it will take them to get clearance. You SHOULD be off by 8, but there are no guarantees.

And the ship COULD arrive late.

For most arrivals with a 06:15 scheduled arrival you should be in a position to depart the vessel by 08:00. However, nothing is guaranteed, as many factors outwith the cruise line's control can impact the arrival, docking and ship clearance.

In the event of delays do you have alternatives and also what are the financial implications of missing the flight?

Personally, after a cruise, we prefer a relaxed disembarkation and may even fly out the following day. No stress.

Thanks everyone!

We have 3 young kids, and that is by far the best flight that can get us back to Colorado at a reasonable hour.... not in the middle of the night. Gah! I guess we'll pay a change fee if we get stuck...

Are cruise times hit or miss, like flights?

Thanks everyone!

We have 3 young kids, and that is by far the best flight that can get us back to Colorado at a reasonable hour.... not in the middle of the night. Gah! I guess we'll pay a change fee if we get stuck...

Are cruise times hit or miss, like flights?

That "change fee" may be hefty. Worse still: with five of you, a "later" flight might be DAYS later. Long gone are the days of open seats on "red eyes" and what "next flight" seats may be available will go to that airline's FFs.

Yep, I got stuck in Orlando due to a snow storm in my home area.

I was booked out on an early flight the next morning, with my First class upgrade intact (upper level FF). A family from the same canceled flight (met waiting for hotel shuttle), was booked out 3 DAYS later.