Fort Lauderdale Hotel

LuCruise

We need a hotel for Wed Dec 5th for the day before our cruise (we arrive around 11am). We're looking more "budget" but also want something clean and don't to be in the middle of nowhere. For now we booked Extended Stay America Cruise Port as it's around the 17th Street near the cruise port.

We'd like to keep it between 100 and 150 a night. Any other suggestions? Or other areas we should be looking?

$100 - $150 per night may be low for December.

Roz

Early Dec, Wed night. But yeah, to get close to $100, it seems like we need to book in the middle of no where (from what I"m seeing but I don't know Fort Lauderdale).

Candlewood Suites on 84 has $120 queen bed suites. Great location across the street from a mall with everything you need and close to the Port

I recently stayed at the Best Western on State Rd. 84, there is a free shuttle, pool and near by places to eat. This fits into your price range. I am not sure of the rates in Dec. but worth looking into.

Thanks.

Is this area on 84 better than the area near 17th street? We will have half a day in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise.

From distance to the port, it looks like we can even walk to the port from Extended Stay America Cruise Port?

Thanks.

Is this area on 84 better than the area near 17th street? We will have half a day in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise.

The 17th Street area is better especially since you'll have half a day. You can catch the Sun Trolley ($1/ride; $3/day; http://www.suntrolley.com) at its terminus in the Harbor Shops or flag it down anywhere along 17th Street. You can catch the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) at its stop under the 17th Street bridge next to the Hilton Marina. Plus there are restaurants in every price range within walking distance.

Thanks.

From distance to the port, it looks like we can even walk to the port from Extended Stay America Cruise Port?

I agree with Capriccio. Since you have time to explore 17th St will be a better fit for you if you can get acceptable rates. I've stayed on 84 several times because rooms/parking/transfers are generally cheaper while still close to the Port.

The 84 St hotels are very nice and the little mall has a lot to offer but 17th Street offers more variety and choices and activities if you want to get out and walk.

We need a hotel for Wed Dec 5th for the day before our cruise (we arrive around 11am). We're looking more "budget" but also want something clean and don't to be in the middle of nowhere. For now we booked Extended Stay America Cruise Port as it's around the 17th Street near the cruise port.

We'd like to keep it between 100 and 150 a night. Any other suggestions? Or other areas we should be looking?

I just booked for later in Dec. @ $143 AAA rate: Quality Inn & Suites Airport/Cruise Port South

2520 Stirling Rd.,

Hollywood, FL, US

We stayed there last year. It's not fancy but it's clean and had a good poolside breakfast. They provide free airport pickup and transfer to the port. There's a good diner within walking distance as well as a K-Mart (came in handy when I forgot to pack my surf shoes!)

Sent from my SM-T280 using Forums mobile app

Thank you. Just checked and Holiday Inn Express is close to our current booking but think a bit nicer than Extended Stay America? Looks like it's grab and go breakfast at Extended. Both same area.

If we will be at the hotel by noon, are we better at 17th area or Stirling area? Not sure which has more to do in terms of walking around? Can you walk to the port from 17th?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk