Cape Liberty port parking vs bayonne cruise parking??

noob2008

Hello,

i will be driving to cape Liberty for my cruise( first time cruising out of this location) and wanted to know from fellow cruisers- their opinion and experience in parking at the cruise port for $20 a day (total $160) vs 11.50 a day (total $94) at the bayonne cruise parking ( 1.5 miles away with shuttle service). my guess, the shuttle could be a hassle especially when traveling with a family of four (one year old included), but i may be over thinking it.

Thank you in advance!:confused::confused::confused:

Hello,

i will be driving to cape Liberty for my cruise( first time cruising out of this location) and wanted to know from fellow cruisers- their opinion and experience in parking at the cruise port for $20 a day (total $160) vs 11.50 a day (total $94) at the bayonne cruise parking ( 1.5 miles away with shuttle service). my guess, the shuttle could be a hassle especially when traveling with a family of four (one year old included), but i may be over thinking it.

I didn't even know there were two different parking options and I've been there 5 times. [emoji23] That is a decent savings. I might be inclined to take the shuttle deal but I guess that's up to you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bayonne is a highly urban area and offsite parking is not recommended. This lot is next to a storage facility that is open to the public during the day. They use the extra parking space to warehouse cars for cruise parking. There are serious questions about the licensing of the parking operation as well as the NJ licensing and insurance coverage (if any) for their "port shuttle" operation.

Caveat emptor. Pay to park at the port.

Bayonne is a highly urban area and offsite parking is not recommended. This lot is next to a storage facility that is open to the public during the day. They use the extra parking space to warehouse cars for cruise parking. There are serious questions about the licensing of the parking operation as well as the NJ licensing and insurance coverage (if any) for their "port shuttle" operation.

Caveat emptor. Pay to park at the port.

I agree 100% after having driven 10 times to the cruise port

I think of it as a "ditch and hitch" operation. Ditch your car in an unlicensed lot and hitch a ride to port with a stranger in an unlicensed livery vehicle.

Plus with the baby, having the ease and convenience of getting right into your own vehicle with the baby and luggage PRICELESS

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Parking at the terminal is very convenient as the garage is next to the terminal. Drop off luggage and passengers first and then go park or if you like just drop of the luggage and everyone could go and park.

When you leave you can be on the road in a few minutes.

Hello,

Are you aware that your child will need a car seat while traveling in the shuttle? Do not expect one to be provided as the company that runs the off site parking lot does not have their own vans. The vehicles they use are rentals for the day. Their vehicles are not registered with the state of NJ and have no DOT numbers/markings on them as required. They are rental vehicles only.

The lot as pointed out is within a self storage lot. During business hours of the self storage facility, the lot used for cruise parking IS accessible to anyone. There is no fence/gate/security keeping cruiser vehicles inaccessible. You can see for yourself on Google maps. Call and ask if their lot is secured, they will say yes. Then ask how is it secured when the self storage facility is open.

Another feature of the cruise port parking is that after you pay (someone there to help you), bring your luggage to the loading area to the right. No need to lug it up the stairs or the elevator. Only the driver has to drive down to meet the rest of the party and the dirty laundry and trinkets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last time I was there, we could park across the street from the port (garage wasn't built yet). Since we have a large truck with a luggage rack on the back, can we still park in that lot? I'm not sure we will fit in the garage (too long). Thanks!

Last time I was there, we could park across the street from the port (garage wasn't built yet). Since we have a large truck with a luggage rack on the back, can we still park in that lot? I'm not sure we will fit in the garage (too long). Thanks!

That lot has been in constant use this summer with 3 Ships sailing from Cape Liberty.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html

The only thing I would worry about is whether they consider your vehicle a camper or RV.

For those thinking about parking in the "secured" off site cruise parking lot on New Hook Rd in Bayonne, use World Transport Inc (New Hook Rd, Bayonne) in the search bar of Google maps. The red pin marker used by Google that will be shown, is located exactly in the lot used by the off site facility. Zoom in and it is clear that no fence (surrounding this specific lot) is present. There is a fence surrounding the Delta Storage property that the cruise park lot is located within.

When Delta is open for business, which is 7 days a week, anyone has access to the cars parked in the "secured" lot. On the positive side, the multiple pot holes in the cruiser park lot have been repaired.:D