Revised Caribbean itinerary

lolabarola

We were informed yesterday via our TA that our 20 October Azura cruise has been revised as follows:

'as a result of these port closures, your cruise operator has found it necessary to replace the call to Philipsburg, St Maarten with one to Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis and the call to Dominica with one to St Johns, Antigua.'

Don't know whether it'll be the same throughout the season or whether it'll revert to the original itinerary...I hope so for their economy. St Kitts and Antigua are great islands, really looking forward to our cruise!

Edited by lolabarola
Take off italics

Our revised itinerary for 3rd Nov has an extra day in Barbados and a visit to Guadeloupe replacing St Maarten and Tortola. It also so says they are optimistic that closed ports will be operational by the end of the year.

We are boarding Azura on 18/11/17 and have been notified that rather than sail from Barbados on the Saturday night we will now sail on the Sunday Morning,

We are also calling at Guadeloupe.

We are more than happy with these changes in the prevailing circumstances.

We are boarding Azura on 18/11/17 and have been notified that rather than sail from Barbados on the Saturday night we will now sail on the Sunday Morning,

We are also calling at Guadeloupe.

We are more than happy with these changes in the prevailing circumstances.

Hello Sanjay, we are on Azura 2/12/17 but we still have had no word regarding change to our itinerary. St.Marteen,Tortola, and Amber Cove will be getting replaced. As our itinerary is the same as your looks as though our may be changed to yours . Just looking forward to our magical mystery cruise. Hope you are both well it's been a long time since I have seen any of your posts. Hope you enjoy your cruise. Regards Pat

Hi Pat

Nice to hear from you, this is our postponed cruise that we should have taken in January but Sandra’s mum passed away just after Christmas.

We will still be aboard Azura when you arrive as we don’t disembark till Saturday perhaps we could meet for a drink, Hope you and Scott are well.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers

:)

Hi Pat

Nice to hear from you, this is our postponed cruise that we should have taken in January but Sandra’s mum passed away just after Christmas.

We will still be aboard Azura when you arrive as we don’t disembark till Saturday perhaps we could meet for a drink, Hope you and Scott are well.

Unfortunately we don't arrive to the Saturday about 3.30pm. I would imagine that you will have disembarked by then sorry about that,it would have been lovely to have met up with you both.

Sorry to hear about Sandra's mum please pass on our condolences. We both had very bad health scares last year but are well now. This cruise is a cruise that we also had to postpone from last December due to ill health.

Hopefully we will meet up again on a future cruise.

So sorry to hear that, we are going to New York in a few weeks and are sailing home on the Queen Mary 2, this will be our first time on Cunard.

We are then back out in the Caribbean on the Britannia in March.

Have a great cruise on Azura.

Cunard are excellent we have been on Queen Victoria.

We have booked TUI Discovery 2 April 18. Flying to Jamaica , Cuba,Bermuda,Bahamas, St Thomas etc then four days sailing to Med cruise around Lisbon, Spain, etc ending up in Palma then fly home to Glasgow.

You will throughly enjoy Cunard.

We were informed yesterday via our TA that our 20 October Azura cruise has been revised as follows:

'as a result of these port closures, your cruise operator has found it necessary to replace the call to Philipsburg, St Maarten with one to Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis and the call to Dominica with one to St Johns, Antigua.'

Don't know whether it'll be the same throughout the season or whether it'll revert to the original itinerary...I hope so for their economy. St Kitts and Antigua are great islands, really looking forward to our cruise!

At least they have been replaced. Ours on Britannia has been changed from Tortola so Grenada (but also going there the second week so not really a different island but a repeat island) and Dominica to an extra day in Barbados. So, effectively losing two islands.

Still, no big deal as people in Caribbean would love to be in our situation rather than having survived a hurricane.

Tracey

Hello Sanjay, we are on Azura 2/12/17 but we still have had no word regarding change to our itinerary. St.Marteen,Tortola, and Amber Cove will be getting replaced. As our itinerary is the same as your looks as though our may be changed to yours . Just looking forward to our magical mystery cruise. Hope you are both well it's been a long time since I have seen any of your posts. Hope you enjoy your cruise. Regards Pat

Hi Helen,

We are also on this cruise, we board on the 1st, also very much looking forward to what our itinerary will be!

xxx

Hi Helen,

We are also on this cruise, we board on the 1st, also very much looking forward to what our itinerary will be!

xxx

Hello reece. twiggwhite, why don't you pop over to our roll call

Azura 1st 2nd December and join us. So far not many posting but obviously there will be plenty of passengers on this cruise. Look forward to you joining us on the other thread. Plenty of roll call members on our rollcall embark Azura on the Friday same day as you.:cool:

I read St Maarten port plans to reopen on 12 Nov. Of course Cruise ships will need to know there is more than a berth to call there - eg tour operators, transport etc.

Ps - I'm on Azura on 1 Dec, where do I find 'roll call'? I usually use the forums app on my iPad and it doesn't seem to be on there. It's a long time since I have accessed cruise critic through the web pages.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I read St Maarten port plans to reopen on 12 Nov. Of course Cruise ships will need to know there is more than a berth to call there - eg tour operators, transport etc.

Ps - I'm on Azura on 1 Dec, where do I find 'roll call'? I usually use the forums app on my iPad and it doesn't seem to be on there. It's a long time since I have accessed cruise critic through the web pages.

pdw26. Go to Azura Roll Call

Search down till you see

Azura A734/A734A Caribbean 2017 1st /2nd December

you will find us there

We've just had our itinerary changed for Britannia on 22 December.

St Maarten on 1 January has been replaced with Tobago on 31 December and Dominica on 4 January has been dropped for another day in Barbados.

Under the terrible circumstance we are more than happy with that. Never been to Tobago and we can get to Oistins Fish Fry in Barbados.

Still feel so sorry for the people who have suffered and it does make me think how lucky we are. It puts into perspective all the moans on here about tipping, food quality, bed linen changes, teabags, "pillow" chocolates etc etc.

We sail on Azura on 20th and have had nothing at all from P & O or travel agent regarding changed itinerary :rolleyes:, I only know through this site (y) and its now showing on my cruise personaliser.

We sail on Azura on 20th and have had nothing at all from P & O or travel agent regarding changed itinerary :rolleyes:, I only know through this site (y) and its now showing on my cruise personaliser.

Do you mean 20th Oct - we are ot same cruise and we only know the changes by looking at the CP - nothing from P&O or our agent. Phoned our agent who said that they are working through the bundle of changes from P&O and will send us details ASAP.

I'd have thought that P&O would have emailed all the passenger directly under the circumstances instead of flooding the agent with 100's of changes. Without the CP we would not have known.

Azura 1 Dec, now have itinerary, ON in Antigua and new port Guadeloupe instead of Tortola and ST Maarten. Mixed emotions, very pleased with the changes, but so sad for the people of St M and Tort. I guess best way forward is to estimate what I would have spent in those ports and donate it to the disaster fund.

Do you mean 20th Oct - we are ot same cruise and we only know the changes by looking at the CP - nothing from P&O or our agent. Phoned our agent who said that they are working through the bundle of changes from P&O and will send us details ASAP.

I'd have thought that P&O would have emailed all the passenger directly under the circumstances instead of flooding the agent with 100's of changes. Without the CP we would not have known.

We're on this cruise.

We received an E-Mail from P&O on 29th September with the itinery change.

We booked directly with P&O. Maybe that makes a difference.