Ruby Princess and Rum Runners...

klfhngr

The "entitlement" attitude of today is just horendous. Of course we've all done something slightly ascew but usually not deliberatly and never would I think to ask on a public forum how break the rules and polcies. True colors are coming out for many who must feel so entitled they're oblivious to RIGHT & WRONG.

You accepted a contract with your fare, doesn't that mean anything. If you don't like the terms and conditions then don't enter into a contract with Princess.

If the Boston Tea Party settlers dressed as Native Americans had not illegally boarded that ship, stole the barrels of tea and dumped them in the bay, we would still be singing "hail to the queen"! Luckily they chose to "break the law" and revolt against their king. Those loyal to the king moved to Canada. You could say they felt entitled to do that. Something to think about.

I've been cruising for maybe 30 years.

Folks have been smuggling alcohol for as long as I can remember.

Oh how true and a long standing posting on cruise critic including the various ways to do it. I imagine it is still quite well today.

If the Boston Tea Party settlers dressed as Native Americans had not illegally boarded that ship, stole the barrels of tea and dumped them in the bay, we would still be singing "hail to the queen"! Luckily they chose to "break the law" and revolt against their king. Those loyal to the king moved to Canada. You could say they felt entitled to do that. Something to think about.

Oh how true and a long standing posting on cruise critic including the various ways to do it. I imagine it is still quite well today.

What the hell is "hail to the queen"?

Been sipping some beers while watching the Virginia - Duke game? You may want to re-read your post and reflect upon what you have said in the context of what you have preached. It is quite comical, though.

Not watching anything that says UVA on it. I see no need to reread or reflect. Go Hokies.

Ask floridalover - he uses rum runners according to him and has never been caught

By the way just went to formal night last evening. Did not wear tux or suit coat and was admitted with no problem. Your buddy Jan must not have adhered to this so called letter to your reply. Will go again n a few days to see if maybe it will change mid cruise.

No you don't get anything back that isn't in an original bottle. They throw the rum runners away. The naughty room is filled with bins of bottled booze, rum runners, and people who insist on bringing their waffle irons on board. Ask me how I know!:evilsmile:
Was it because you got caught and had to visit the "naughty room" [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to say I have found this thread enlightening to say the least. I personally wouldn't smuggle booze on. Not because I am more moral or better than those who do. It's just a PITA to have to run back to the room for refills.

Plus... if caught you are still left with having to pay for drinks anyway. Meaning you are screwed if you hadn't budgeted for it.

OP - In the grand scope of things I think you made the right choice.

Happy sailing!

I "think" that most bring booze aboard not to save money, but to have something in the room to have while getting ready for dinner. It's would be a pain to go up to a bar, get the drink, and have to go all the way back to the room.

Nothing worst than a watered down drink!

I have to say I have found this thread enlightening to say the least. I personally wouldn't smuggle booze on. Not because I am more moral or better than those who do. It's just a PITA to have to run back to the room for refills.

Just take a large mug of you favorite liquor to the pool. How many do you drink at a time?

Plus... if caught you are still left with having to pay for drinks anyway. Meaning you are screwed if you hadn't budgeted for it.

OP - In the grand scope of things I think you made the right choice.

Happy sailing!

If you got caught it was simply because you just didn't even try to disguise it. Never check your liquor. They'll find it. ;)

At the risk of stirring this pot even further, anyone had experience at White Bay Terminal in Sydney? Is security tight there?

Also, I know Rum Runners are of good quality as we've had some for years. I have a "friend" looking at the Cruise Runners. Anyone have any experience with them?

At the risk of stirring this pot even further, anyone had experience at White Bay Terminal in Sydney? Is security tight there?

Also, I know Rum Runners are of good quality as we've had some for years. I have a "friend" looking at the Cruise Runners. Anyone have any experience with them?

No, but they certainly look a lot cheaper than the name brand RumRunner.

I "think" that most bring booze aboard not to save money, but to have something in the room to have while getting ready for dinner./quote]

One can order 375ml liquor bottles from room service, and have it in your room to make drinks before dinner.

No you don't get anything back that isn't in an original bottle. They throw the rum runners away. The naughty room is filled with bins of bottled booze, rum runners, and people who insist on bringing their waffle irons on board. Ask me how I know!:evilsmile:

OK, I will ask you. How do you know?

Figure of speech meaning we would still be part of the Commonwealth instead of an independent country.

Sorry to come across as a pedant again, but Commonwealth countries are independent. I guess you were probably meaning Empire countries?

Don't think we have of those anymore though. They appear to now be independent and, in the main, part of the Commonwealth.