Cape Town

Magpie2

Thank you Brian. We are embarking there on 23rd April so will cross paths! We seem to have so many conflicting reports about were the ship docks. I rang Cunard and they said it docks at International Convention Centre and that means nothing to me!

Thank you Brian. We are embarking there on 23rd April so will cross paths! We seem to have so many conflicting reports about were the ship docks. I rang Cunard and they said it docks at International Convention Centre and that means nothing to me!

Hi,the ICV is right next door to our hotel for our land tour.The ferry for Robben Island is there also.Also the HOHO bus starts and stops there,perfect.Better book all these online before they fill up,cheers,Brian.

Hi as a cape town resident for 6 months a year, the cruise terminal is a few minutes very safe walk from the V&A waterfront, and robben island terminal etc. The hop on hop of bus is also very close at the entrance to VandA, great for city tour and getting to table mountain

Hi. Can anyone tell me if the Queen Elizabeth docks near the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town? We would like to know if its an easy walk or do we need a taxi?

Hi magpie2 the 3 or 4 times I ve been there there has been a port shuttle to the v & a , from memory you can walk within the port.

Its only a few minutes on the bus.....

have a great trip....take some water, Capetown needs it!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,yes according to the terminals website it actually docks right there in the V&A.We're debarking there on the 23rd Apr,cheers,Brian.

Would you happen to have the link to that site that you could post as I needed to look up something?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi,yes according to the terminals website it actually docks right there in the V&A.We're debarking there on the 23rd Apr,cheers,Brian.

Not quite in the V&A but certainly next door. The Queens usually moor at the Cape Town Cruise terminal alongside Duncan Road. Regards, Brian Lord

https://www.sa-venues.com/attractionswc/waterfront.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Magpie2!

Coming back to the boarding on Queen Elizabeth Apr 23.. All passengers need to go to the International Convention Center (ICC) which is NOT the new Cruise Terminal located in Duncan Dock. This is because some "electronic" communication issues between the Cunard ships and the New Terminal servers.. see (https://cruisearabiaonline.com/2017/01/31/technical-glitch-causes-chaos-at-cape-town-convention-centre-during-queen-mary-2-sa-cruise/) AND (https://cruisearabiaonline.com/2018/02/19/south-africas-inefficient-ports-keeping-big-cruise-ships-away-restricting-growth/ )!!

This means the booking will be manually done in the convention center then we will be bused around town to be brought to the ship at the new cruise terminal... some patience will be most welcomed!!!!

I am really looking forward to this!!

Cheers

Paddy

In 2013 we checked in at the ICC. It was in a large hall and refreshments were available foc. It was a bit chaotic compared to Southampton and some other places. As others have said we were then bussed to the ship. I am not sure exactly where that was but we queued in a tented type set up on rough ground which seemed like a large car park where the wind was howling. We departed late due to the high winds. Needless to say all was ok once onboard. It was certainly a different experience.

We had the two day hoho bus ticket which was a good deal. If you are interested in social history the District 6 museum is on the route and is very interesting. Our accommodation was not far from the museum and the ICC was within walking distance but for the luggage. The hoho bus is also handy for Table Mountain and one of the wineries. We don't often take the hoho in cities but this one was good value particularly over two days. We had three days in CT but could have done with longer. Enjoy.

The ICC is NOT near to the port. You are processed here and your luggage is taken. Relax, have refreshments and you will be bussed right alongside QE ready for you to board. No problem. Once aboard, you can use the shuttle bus to the V&A waterfront. Very easy. Enjoy!!! See you there on the 23rd. Can't wait.