Best balconies on Britannia

ScotchBoy

Hi, we are looking at Britannia and, whilst we love the ship, the balconies leave much to be desired, i.e. they are really shallow. So my question is this: which cabins have the deepest balconies? Does anyone have pictures? Thanks.

Hi, we are looking at Britannia and, whilst we love the ship, the balconies leave much to be desired, i.e. they are really shallow. So my question is this: which cabins have the deepest balconies? Does anyone have pictures? Thanks.

The only big balconies are the stern ones and then mostly suits.

Balcony cabins on A deck and F deck at the stern. Four on each deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To echo what others have said, the only balconies of any decent size are at the stern. The balconies are deeper and the Suites on the corners have balconies that wrap around the corner, so you have both rear and side views. All balconies on the side (including Suites) are very shallow and you have to sit at an angle. There may be a few balcony cabins that are deeper but, as with other ships, these may be in odd places or steel fronted (which I wouldn't like), but I don't know for certain. Hopefully others will advise.

Thanks for all the replies. I have checked out the stern balconies and the suite ones in particular; but I think they're overlooked and that would be a negative for ''SWMBO'' - will probably stick with cabin on the side of the ship.

Thanks for all the replies. I have checked out the stern balconies and the suite ones in particular; but I think they're overlooked and that would be a negative for ''SWMBO'' - will probably stick with cabin on the side of the ship.

I really wouldn't worry about overlooking. It's negligible. The person above you would have to be leaning over their balcony to see you and then they'd probably only see your legs. P&O state that they are overlooked to cover themselves, but it's not really a problem (unless you sunbathe naked ;)). If you Google 'Britannia Aft' the first image that comes up is the best photo showing all the rear balconies. If you have an iPad you can zoom in to each balcony.

I really wouldn't worry about overlooking. It's negligible. The person above you would have to be leaning over their balcony to see you and then they'd probably only see your legs. P&O state that they are overlooked to cover themselves, but it's not really a problem (unless you sunbathe naked ;)). If you Google 'Britannia Aft' the first image that comes up is the best photo showing all the rear balconies. If you have an iPad you can zoom in to each balcony.

Agree - never bothered us and the balconies are far better than those on the side!

Having had Suite no. B724, which is classed as 'overlooked', I can tell you that it is - from the Sunset Bar - as is Deck A above. However, hardly anyone looks down, most people are much more interested in the view!

The decks below that are not able to be seen from the Sunset Bar, but if you are in B deck cabins you can see 'some' of each balcony below you, but not a lot, again, who is interested in looking at other people on their balcony for more than 5 seconds!

I did take a couple of pictures of the balcony of B724. If you google Britannia B724 balcony photos it might come up.

We've also had Suite no. B72, and yes the balcony is, in comparison, tiny, but it is much longer than normal balconies and because of this we were quite happy with it, we could stretch out at either end, but I would imagine that if you aren't in a Suite then it would be next to impossible to stretch your legs with both of you on the balcony.

Have they been able to resolve the sooty deposit problem from the funnel that plagued these balconies initially?

Apparently not. But the stewards wipe them down each morning. Bit of a pain but I would hope not a show stopper.

You get soot at the aft end of most ships. It was there most mornings. I simply wiped the rail with some tissue, it was not a huge problem, and yes, the Steward cleaned it as well. They also did a major clean in the middle of the cruise.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

I'd forgotten about the soot, we have our first aft on Britannia in October. We did have soot once on Arcadia last year, I just wiped everything down and took no notice but I believe an almighty fuss was made by some passengers. I'd like to echo the comments about being overlooked, the only time I've ever noticed lots of people was on the sail in to big ports where everyone is on deck for the occasion, and even then people aren't interested in you just the view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed in a C deck aft balcony, never again. You may have more leg room but this is far outweighed by the amount of soot deposited. It isn't just on the rails it's on the chairs and table. Plus when it rains the whole area is covered (floor included) meaning you are unable to go outside. Yes the steward does clean it once a day and sometimes twice but it is constantly being deposited therefore gets walked into the cabin. Our daughter stayed in E deck aft which didn't have as much soot but she could hear some base noise from the live lounge. We like Brittania but wouldn't book an aft facing cabin again.

• 8 months later...
F729 - lovely balcony, had it twice and would book again. Much larger than those on the side.

Can I ask you about F729. We are three couples travelling together and we've been offered 3 cabins together on the F deck, your room F729 being one of them. We have also been offered 3 rooms aft on E deck, two together and one the next room up. Some people have commented that rooms are noisy due to the Limelight Lounge being underneath. Can I ask if you had that problem?

Can I ask you about F729. We are three couples travelling together and we've been offered 3 cabins together on the F deck, your room F729 being one of them. We have also been offered 3 rooms aft on E deck, two together and one the next room up. Some people have commented that rooms are noisy due to the Limelight Lounge being underneath. Can I ask if you had that problem?
Hi we didnt hear too much noise but there was some ... like a distant noise that is all. There is another thread on here about aft cabins on Britannia with loads of replies so may be worth checking. The last time we went we had a fab cruise but there was more soot on the balcony so am wondering if it is getting worse the older the ship is ...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app