P&O cruise credits will no longer count towards Princess Captain’s Circle status (for

h3rjp

Just had an email from princess. So for new bookings made after 12th December, you’ll no longer get Princess cruise credits for P&O sailings.

A bit disappointing, but hey ho. I have several cruise credits from P&O that pushed my Princess status to elite (that won’t change), but if the cross line cruise credits are important to you, you’d better book your P&O cruise quickly!

Email quoted below;

Important Information: Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Loyalty Scheme

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Club. Previously, Princess Cruises has recognised your sailings history from its sister brand, P&O Cruises. This meant guests were awarded with increased membership benefits, based on sailings from both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises.

As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programmes. With this in mind Princess Cruises is ending the P&O Cruises’ sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Details regarding the update can be found below:

1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.

2. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.

3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain's Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member.

Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits.

4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Yours faithfully,

Princess Cruises

-

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just had an email from princess. So for new bookings made after 12th December, you’ll no longer get Princess cruise credits for P&O sailings.

A bit disappointing, but hey ho. I have several cruise credits from P&O that pushed my Princess status to elite (that won’t change), but if the cross line cruise credits are important to you, you’d better book your P&O cruise quickly!

Email quoted below;

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Club. Previously, Princess Cruises has recognised your sailings history from its sister brand, P&O Cruises. This meant guests were awarded with increased membership benefits, based on sailings from both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises.

As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programmes. With this in mind Princess Cruises is ending the P&O Cruises’ sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017.

1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.

2. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.

3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain's Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member.

Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits.

4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017.

Yours faithfully,

Princess Cruises

-

We got our Princess Cruise in just in time.

Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Email quoted below;

Dear Guest,

Yours faithfully,

Princess Cruises

-

Dont you mean book your Princess cruise to get P&O loyalty quickly as P&O have not recognised Princess cruises for a number of years with regards to P&Os loyalty club.

Dont you mean book your Princess cruise to get P&O loyalty quickly as P&O have not recognised Princess cruises for a number of years with regards to P&Os loyalty club.

Right about Princess not counting towards P & O. What Princess are doing is to regularise the situation so that both loyalty schemes work in the same way. If you book your P & O cruise before the 12 December, it still counts towards Princess. Won't after 13 December See bold below.

About time they changed the system so that they are both the same. Under the current system P & O cruisers could go on their first Princess cruise as an Elite member.

Originally posted by h3rjp

Email quoted below;

Dear Guest,

Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincir...pBenefits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits.

Yours faithfully,

Princess Cruises

We got our Princess Cruise in just in time.

Happy cruising.

I think the point daiB is making relates to clause 4. If you have zero Princess Cruises history but plentiful P&O Cruises history, unless you get a Princess Cruise in before 12 December it seems to me you are going to be regarded as a Princess newcomer. It is not 100% clear to me whether your Princess Cruise would need to be booked or completed by 12 December 2017.

Alternatively it could be construed that your P&O cruise history is counted for all cruises taken on P&O prior to 12 December 2017 even if you have not sailed with Princess Cruises.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

It always was a bit of an odd one way partnership. I wonder if they will stop putting the P&O rising sun on the bow of new Princess ships in future.

It goes back to the days of the P&O Princess cruise Line. This is where P&O purchased Princess cruise line and renamed the cruise line as aforementioned. Later on Carnival Cruise Corporation acquired the company and separated it again.

Prior to the arrangement which you describe as a one way partnership the loyalty schemes of both companies worked differently. Princess Cruises recognised P&O UK cruises exactly the same as if the same cruise was done on one of their fleet on a number of days sailed and a total number of cruises completed. P&O however ran their loyalty scheme count differently on a number of days sailed only (they did not tally number of cruises). 14 nights on a P&O cruise counted as 140 points (ten points per night) however if you sailed on a Princess Cruise for 14 night P&O counted this at half points (five points per night) giving you 70 points.

Historically, I suspect Princess who only did a short UK round trip season out of Southampton and Dover kept the relationship to encourage UK cruisers onto their ex-foreign ports cruises. They kept the UK season to a short period so as not to compete with P&O too much. 2019 sees a much longer ex-UK season for Princess and they are adding in Dublin as a start port which I understand will on some cruises be an interport of Southampton or Dover cruises many of which circumnavigate the British Isles. Starting in Dublin may suit some UK residents particularly from Northern Ireland as they can presumably avoid flying. The new 2019 bookings start around 12/13 December 2017.

Regards John

I think the point daiB is making relates to clause 4. If you have zero Princess Cruises history but plentiful P&O Cruises history, unless you get a Princess Cruise in before 12 December it seems to me you are going to be regarded as a Princess newcomer. It is not 100% clear to me whether your Princess Cruise would need to be booked or completed by 12 December 2017.

Alternatively it could be construed that your P&O cruise history is counted for all cruises taken on P&O prior to 12 December 2017 even if you have not sailed with Princess Cruises.

Regards John

True John, that is not very clear but you could read it as if you had a cruise booked by the 12th then you would get the benefits.

Luckily we have taken a Princess cruise this year in May on Crown Princess. Very nice it was.

True John, that is not very clear but you could read it as if you had a cruise booked by the 12th then you would get the benefits.

Luckily we have taken a Princess cruise this year in May on Crown Princess. Very nice it was.

I had a feeling this would happen so we did a two night cruise to secure the points. I’m wondering if Princess intend to do more UK sailings and are guarding against having to cover Elite membership if more P&O passengers ‘jump ships’?

I had a feeling this would happen so we did a two night cruise to secure the points. I’m wondering if Princess intend to do more UK sailings and are guarding against having to cover Elite membership if more P&O passengers ‘jump ships’?

John said that above. Depends of course if they think they can fill the ships. The round Britain cruises tend to attract a lot of US cruisers. And if they are going to start them in Dublin there are plenty of direct flights to the cities airport from the States.

John said that above. Depends of course if they think they can fill the ships. The round Britain cruises tend to attract a lot of US cruisers. And if they are going to start them in Dublin there are plenty of direct flights to the cities airport from the States.

I missed the last paragraph [emoji849]

I can explain some rules a little better as I was just on Diamond Princess and have a lot of P&O history that used to get me invited to the most traveled events on Princess.

At the present time Princess is still recognising all your cruise history with P&O that will put you in elite status with Princess (if you meet the number of cruise days).

However in order to get special invitations to "most traveled" events on Princess ships they will only now count your cruise days with Princess cruises and P&O days will not be included. So if you used to get invites to the top and most exclusive cocktail parties or lunch with the Captain based on P&O history, this will no longer happen.

Also cruise milestones on Princess ships will not include cruise credits from P&O. You will still keep your cruise credits but when Princess gives you a reward for 50 cruises, 75 cruises or based on 50 cruise credits or 75 cruise credits, they will only tally up the credits that were earned on a Princess ship and not a P&O ship.

I found this out at the end of October when I boarded Diamond Princess and did not get my usual most traveled invitation and when I inquired as to why I was told about the new rules.

In some ways it makes sense, however I think that to make things fair and given the ownership P&O once had over Princess I think that they should only recognise the loyalty of those passengers who cruised both lines prior to the merger with Carnival.

In some ways it makes sense because why should you go on a cruise with HAL, Cunard, Carnival and then go on a Princess ship and expect to get all the perks of the most traveled. In a way they are making P&O and Princess more individual opposed to the same. That I can accept. I do think for past loyalty they should still count the loyalty cruise days if you cruised on Princess and P&O while they were still a single company and not part of Carnival.

I can explain some rules a little better as I was just on Diamond Princess and have a lot of P&O history that used to get me invited to the most traveled events on Princess.

At the present time Princess is still recognising all your cruise history with P&O that will put you in elite status with Princess (if you meet the number of cruise days).

However in order to get special invitations to "most traveled" events on Princess ships they will only now count your cruise days with Princess cruises and P&O days will not be included. So if you used to get invites to the top and most exclusive cocktail parties or lunch with the Captain based on P&O history, this will no longer happen.

Also cruise milestones on Princess ships will not include cruise credits from P&O. You will still keep your cruise credits but when Princess gives you a reward for 50 cruises, 75 cruises or based on 50 cruise credits or 75 cruise credits, they will only tally up the credits that were earned on a Princess ship and not a P&O ship.

I found this out at the end of October when I boarded Diamond Princess and did not get my usual most traveled invitation and when I inquired as to why I was told about the new rules.

In some ways it makes sense, however I think that to make things fair and given the ownership P&O once had over Princess I think that they should only recognise the loyalty of those passengers who cruised both lines prior to the merger with Carnival.

In some ways it makes sense because why should you go on a cruise with HAL, Cunard, Carnival and then go on a Princess ship and expect to get all the perks of the most traveled. In a way they are making P&O and Princess more individual opposed to the same. That I can accept. I do think for past loyalty they should still count the loyalty cruise days if you cruised on Princess and P&O while they were still a single company and not part of Carnival.

This was the case when we cruised on Crown Princess in June we have been invited in the past to Most Travelled Party but felt a bit of a fraud so these new policies have been in place for at least 6 months.

Princess do not seem to be doing many Med 14nt cruises from Southampton in summer 2019 they seem to be doing a lot of Baltics/Norway, the usual number of British Isles cruises and surprisingly a Northern Lights cruise in Oct 2019.

Edited by majortom10

Surely this was a three night cruise on Emerald Princess not two nights.

Regards John

Princess do not seem to be doing many Med 14nt cruises from Southampton in summer 2019 they seem to be doing a lot of Baltics/Norway, the usual number of British Isles cruises and surprisingly a Northern Lights cruise in Oct 2019.

Can I ask where you found the summer 2019 cruises from the UK? I cannot find them on their website, though I see another post mentions they are not on sale yet, so have those itineraries been published anywhere?

Can I ask where you found the summer 2019 cruises from the UK? I cannot find them on their website, though I see another post mentions they are not on sale yet, so have those itineraries been published anywhere?

I think I may have had something in the post advertising them.

I think I may have had something in the post advertising them.

Thank you. Looks like my fault then - I keep unsubscribing from what I call 'junk mail', but unfortunately that means I do not get things I want, like new brochures. Did you get the detailed itineraries (ports of call for each cruise I mean) or just an overview of general areas to be visited?

Edit - just found them on the Princess cruises board. They have the sort of details I want :)

Edited by tring

They are on Cruise critic in a pdf downloadable format on the Princess Board section.

P&O have changed their loyalty scheme a number of times over the years. Typically what will happen is that the cruise line will recognise that the top tiers have become a bit "top heavy". They tend to try and reduce the amount of looking back a long way. In the past they disregarded all cruises taken prior to a certain year and reduced points on cruises prior to 2000 as I recall. They reduced the points relating to the intermediate period and for top tiers they introduced a "recency" element for the top two tiers. I suspect they will continue with the recency element for upper tiers over the past 2/3 years and cut off all cruises prior to a set date. They cannot have everyone on top tiers but they cannot have newcomers on a virtually impossible to climb up situation either. I think they will stick with a points per night basis system but may introduce a higher score for suites for example. Princess have brought in new rules in my opinion because they are sailing from the UK on a much longer season. P&O may well need to realign their system in light of this as they will be competing more directly which seems to have been avoided in the past. This is my guess, I have not "heard anything!".

Regards John

Edited by john watson

They are in the Princess forum under the thread titled -

Recap of today's announcement: Alaska, Japan, Caribbean, Europe & Canada NE Schedules