private box QV theatre

britichick

I haven't booked one of the theatre boxes, so I can't speak from personal experience, but here is what the Cunard UK FAQ has to say, taken from https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/where_theatre. I do not know anywhere to find out what the performances will be for any particular voyage ahead of time.

Private Boxes - Production Show Evenings

Passengers on Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth can experience private boxes.

Celebrate special evenings in the Royal Court Theatre with our Theatre Box programme. You will be offered finger desserts and champagne cocktails in a private lounge area. At performance time, you will be guided to your private box, where bar staff will serve you chocolates and Verve Clicquot champagne. You can make a reservation via the Purser's Office.

Please note reservations close at 3pm on the day of the performance. A charge of US$55 + 15% Service Charge per couple applies, which will be added to your on board account.

Private Boxes Further Information

If the theatre is showing a comedian, film or other such entertainment the boxes are complimentary and available on a ‘first come first served' basis.

It is not possible to reserve a box or any seat in the theatre prior to embarkation.

Please note that Queen Mary 2 does not have any Royal Boxes.

There are steps that lead down into each box, however there are 2 boxes which are wheelchair accessible, a guest may join you however please note that space is restricted to one wheelchair and this may lead to guests feeling a little cramped.

Performances

During a typical 14 night cruise you will have the opportunity to see up to 6 Cabaret performers and up to 5 Production Shows. All shows are played twice on the same evening, usually at 8.30pm and 10.30pm, once for the first dinner sitting and once for the second dinner sitting.

Full details of the acts, shows and performances will be made available to you once on board.

If you are travelling on a back to back voyage i.e: Southampton - New York and then New York - Southampton, the productions and guest speakers are alternated so you should have the option to see different productions on each voyage.

There is no set opening time for the theatre, it will open for individual events which can vary day to day. Please see the daily programme, your on board news paper for entertainment events and times.

Please also see: What activities are available on board? for more details on the type of activities you will find on board.

*Prices subject to change and inclusive of service charge

We have hired a box twice on two different QV cruises and have had a fantastic time on both occasions. The boxes are for hire when there is a full production show and we booked through Guest Relations. If I remember correctly, you must book by 3pm on the day of the show but you can book ahead of time if Guest Relations know when the production shows are. Prior to the show, we were met by one of the bellboys who took us to a small room behind the theatre. Here we were served a champagne cocktail and some lovely canapés including chocolate strawberries, mini ice creams and small biscuits. Just before the show was due to start we were shown to our box where we were served half a bottle of champagne and a small box of chocolates. At the end of the show we were presented with a souvenir cast photo. For us it was a lovely evening and we felt it was good value for money, especially as we were celebrating a special occasion. We are booked for the first time on the QE next year and I hope to have another 'box' experience then as long as the price remains around $55.