Pre-Booking Excursions using OBC

Jeter02

Can I no longer use my OBC to pre-book my excursions. I know I would be able to hold my excursion till I got online. Do I have to pay in advance now, I knew they were changing the rules on this back in October. If someone can officially the new protocol would be great. Thanks.

I booked excursions through my cruise personalizer and was required to pay at the time of booking in order to keep the reservations. Payment for my excursions was by using OBC's that were in my name. Payment for my wife's excursions was by using OBC's in her name. Since fewer OBC's are in her name, there was not enough to pay in full for her excursions. The balance was paid by credit card.

Personally, I think this system is flawed for multiple reasons. If the occupants of a cabin are all using the same credit card to pay their folios, like a husband and wife normally do, then their combined OBC's should be used toward paying for all their combined excursions.

Only those OBC's that are shown in the cruise personalizer are used to offset the cost of excursions. Some passengers will have OBC's on the cruise that do not appear in their cruise personalizer and are not allowed to be used to pre-pay for excursions. Loyalty OBC of up to $100 is an example.

I booked a couple excursions for an upcoming cruise and was a bit confused when after the two came up to review, it showed $150 applied for both the daughter & I leaving me with around $60 on the CC. The problem, was at the time of my booking I was told we got $100 OBC, so where did the other 50 come from. It gave me no option to not use the OBC for the excursions. What if we wanted to use our OBC for something else.

Very interesting. We have lots of OBC but when I went to pre-book an excursion for our February 2019 cruise, "it" told me I had 24 hours to pay whatever amount it was. But if I understand the posters here, that payment will be deducted from my OBC; I do not have to use my credit card for payment. So now I'll try it again. Thanks, guys!

Agree the system needs to be updated to consider all the OBC on an account. Sometimes I’ll have more or my husband will have more and it’ll still want to charge me because the OBC is in the wrong name. It shouldn’t happen that way when you have over $1000 on one name and there’s no way to book 2 of the same tickets on that account ... So hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

We had no problem using OBC for excursions. We put an excursion in our cart, went to pay for it now and the option of OBC or credit card came up, we chose OBC and it now shows on our reserved/ paid for excursion on our personalizer. Upon boarding the ship our OBC total will be adjusted to show our remaining balance. Easy peasy.

If you don't have enough OBC, do they automatically charge it to the credit card you have on file? I might want to use a different credit card so is that possible?

No. You will have to give a credit card number etc. It is not automatically charged to the card you have on file with Princess.

I've read on previous threads about this subject that if you call Princess you can use the OBC listed under one person's name to pay for tickets for your traveling companion. I'll find out soon, because the stockholder OBC is in my name and I plan to use it to pay for a tour for both myself and my companion.

Personally, I think this system is flawed for multiple reasons. If the occupants of a cabin are all using the same credit card to pay their folios, like a husband and wife normally do, then their combined OBCs should be used toward paying for all their combined excursions.

I read a post (on one of the many threads about this topic) that stated he had this exact situation. He called Princess and requested to use ALL the OBC that the couple had. It was done for him.

Maybe if enough call and request this change, Princess will notice and fix it.

Well It let me apply the OBC to final cost. I just booked an excursion. I also just called Princess directly to ensure when is the latest I cancel if needed.I understand the reasoning behind this, is simply because people took advantage of reserving excursions, (which payment would be charged once you got onboard) however people would cancel and not giving people the opportunity to book these excursions, usually the ones in high demand People's selfish acts cause consequences for all others, when they they put several excursions in their reserve cart with no intentions of paying / going on them. What to do. Just go with the flow as always say.

Personally, I think this system is flawed for multiple reasons. If the occupants of a cabin are all using the same credit card to pay their folios, like a husband and wife normally do, then their combined OBC's should be used toward paying for all their combined excursions.

I have been told by Princess that if you need to use OBC from both persons' account, this can be done by calling Princess and doing the transaction over the phone.

I booked excursions through my cruise personalizer and was required to pay at the time of booking in order to keep the reservations. Payment for my excursions was by using OBC's that were in my name. Payment for my wife's excursions was by using OBC's in her name. Since fewer OBC's are in her name, there was not enough to pay in full for her excursions. The balance was paid by credit card.

Only those OBC's that are shown in the cruise personalizer are used to offset the cost of excursions. Some passengers will have OBC's on the cruise that do not appear in their cruise personalizer and are not allowed to be used to pre-pay for excursions. Loyalty OBC of up to $100 is an example.

I booked on line today and booked the 1st one on line using the credit on both of us. The second you have to call and the agent can combine both to pay for the second! Bob