Gay & Lesbian Cruisers
A Gathering Place for Discussing Your Favorite Cruises.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:22 AM.
166 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
This documentary came out earlier this year. Which gay cruise company was the ship on? And which cruiseline was it on? Seemed like it could be Celebrity or Carnival. And maybe some European gay cruise company. Online comments seem to be mostly negative, but I thought it was pretty accurate but not meant to reflect the gay male community as a whole.
LOS ANGELES, CA, US
1,478 Posts
Joined May 2000
"The Cruise" Is a Belgium based tour company that chartered Pullmantur's Sovereign for all-gay European cruises once a year. Sovereign was RCI's Sovereign of Seas until RCI sold it Pullmantur cruises. Dream Boat is a German based documentary that follows various gay men from European countries. According to IMDb: Once a year, the Dream Boat sets sail - a cruise only for gay men. Far from their families and political restrictions, we follow five men from five countries on a quest for their dreams. The cruise promises seven days of sunshine, love and freedom - but on board are also their personal stories, their doubts and uncertainties.
Portland, OR.
47 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
I watched it on Netflix recently and found in informative. I recognized the hills above Barcelona's harbor, otherwise they were careful not to show the ship's name or ports in filming. The film was more about the gay cruise experience, and the men's family and personal life on shore. I've considered an gay cruise, but don't fit the body image I see on the ads. It took me 8 cruises before I took my shirt off and get in a pool!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
K&JfromPDX
Our future cruise:

RCI Navigator of the Seas, Miami to Southampton, April 2018

Our past cruises:

Carnival Miracle, Mexican Riviera, May 2016
RCI Navigator of the Seas, Caribbean, December 2015
RCI Explorer of the Seas
, New England & Canada, September 2013
RCI Jewel of the Seas, Scandinavia and Russia Cruise, August 2012
RCI Jewel of the Seas, Ultimate Caribbean & Panama, April 2011