Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:02 AM.
571 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Hello!
We are considering joining some friends in the RCI excursion called "Adventure St Maarten - The Race". It says that one person needs to be ready to swim. Does anyone know how much swimming and where (ocean or pool)? I used to be a strong swimmer, but after many many cancer surgeries, not much of a swimmer anymore. Thanks!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Starward 05/1986 - WC
Celebrity Century 06/1996 - EC
Carnival Paradise 07/2002 - WC
Carnival Inspiration 07/2003 - Exotic WC
Carnival Inspiration 07/2004 - Exotic WC
Carnival Glory 06/2006 - EC
Carnival Victory 06/2010- SC
Carnival Triumph 02/2011 - Progresso/Coz
Carnival Freedom 10/2011- Coz/Costa Rica/Panama rerouted to Coz/Montego Bay/GrandTurk due to Hurricane Rina

Carnival Legend 10/2012 - Exotic WC
Carnival Conquest 10/2013 - Key West, Bahamas
Celebrity Reflection 1/2016 - WC
Royal Caribbean Jewel of Seas 2/2017 - SC
North Carolina
371 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
We did the amazing race adventure 2 years ago when we sailed here on MSC. Not sure if it would be the exact same activities but the only swimming involved using an inter tube/float to swim a short distance out and back. Our 10 year old daughter did it for our group. It was so much fun. You don't have to kill yourself running around unless you are trying to win. It is a great way to see/tour the town.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kacie

Carnival Sunshine 4/16
MSC Divina 4/15
Carnival Fantasy 4/14
Carnival Dream 3/13
Carnival Inspiration 4/08
NCL Majesty 11/05
RCCL Mariner 4/04
Carnival Senstaion 5/03
Victoria, BC
34 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
I am intrigued by the "race" and how it compares to 'City Clickers" (which is considerably cheaper!) .

Has anyone had any experience with "City Clickers" - suppose to take about 90 minutes to take pictures around Philipsberg. Hard to tell if they have mini challenges or just pictures of locales.
Do you think it would be better to explore more of the island ? - or mainly stay in philipsberg?

Feedback appreciated!
I had seen the "race" originally but in the excursion list it wasn't listed on our specific cruise (just the main page of excursions) so i found the city clickers instead..

How was Cozumel's "race" - was it booked seperately or as an onboard excursion?
snow :)
10,398 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
We did the race here last August.

The last challenge was swimming out to a buoy and circling it 3 times.

Our 21 Y/o DD did it.

You entered the water from the beach.

She was a tad tired, but said it was not too painful.

We watched her shirt shorts and shoes, she wore a tank top over her bikini.

Advice, only carry what you need, you do carry whatever you take off the ship.

Wear good walking/running shoes.

As a team, look for all the clues.

Have fun, we did.

We did not win, but it took us to places we would have never gone too.

Safe travels.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Raleigh NC
40 Posts
Joined Aug 2005
We are thinking of doing this as well but can't decide if we should do it with RCI or go directly with tri-sport. Any recommendations? Thx!
Murray Hill, NJ
368 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
One of the neat things about the TV series is the interaction between the groups on "the race" - I'm wondering if there is much of that as part of this excursion, and if you go with the "vendor" directly, if you are mixed in with people from the cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2019 Anthem of the Seas - 2/3 Eastern Caribbean
2018 NCL Star - 9/23 Adriatic & Greece
2018 NCL Sky - 4/23 Cuba
2017 Anthem of the Seas - 8/3 Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean
2014 Oasis of the Seas - 8/2 Western Caribbean
2011 NCL Pride of America (Hawaii - where else!)
2009 Celebrity Millennium Alaska
2007 Explorer of the Seas,
1991, Regency Line, (computer instructor)
1990 Regent Star (Honeymoon cruise)
Chicago Suburbs
909 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
When we did the Race in Cozumel, it was not offered by RCL. Many groups were from hotels and other ships in port that day. There was no real interaction between teams. I think many dropped out. It got very intense between the top few teams, we tied for first. If the old folks (us!) hadn't slowed them down I'm sure our kids would have won by a wide margin. We, as parents, will not participate this year in St. Maarten but our young adult kids are looking forward to it!
Michigan
53 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Just purchased this excursion for our April 1 2018 sailing on Allure during the Black Friday promotion. It seems as if the description has changed from when I previously looked at it; now depicting kayaking and snorkeling with no mention of the race. Wondering if something changed? I have an email in to RCCL because the person I spoke to on the phone said there was no change. Just didn't make sense to have a kayaking and snorkeling excursion with no pictures of either!

Dan
1 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
I would love to know if anyone has done this excursion once Hurricane Irma. We are looking for something to do with our 2 children other than the beaches. Thanks!
KS
221 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by Twin Dad
Just purchased this excursion for our April 1 2018 sailing on Allure during the Black Friday promotion. It seems as if the description has changed from when I previously looked at it; now depicting kayaking and snorkeling with no mention of the race. Wondering if something changed? I have an email in to RCCL because the person I spoke to on the phone said there was no change. Just didn't make sense to have a kayaking and snorkeling excursion with no pictures of either!

Dan
Great information about Black Friday sale!! We will wait and purchase it then. How did your family like it.