Fcc vs. Fcd

PoohUnderstands

I need help with what exactly FCC are and what are worth. I DO NOT mean FCD which you purchase onboard for $100 each and use for deposits on future cruises and get OBC too. I know all about them.

I am asking about the FCC that show up on your personalizer under cruise history. It says how many cruise credits I get per cruise. What are these used for and how many do you need to accumulate to be worth much? I tried the search thread and most seem to be discussing FCD's, not the Cruise Credits.

Thanks for your help. I have a decent amount (I guess) and wondering what to do with them.

Pooh

Al they do is tell you how many credits you received for each cruise to move you up in the loyalty level, topping out at elite, and then for the OBC you get every cruise after 20 CC's. There is nothing to cash in or do anything with, just informs you how each cruise counted that you took.

I need help with what exactly FCC are and what are worth. I DO NOT mean FCD which you purchase onboard for $100 each and use for deposits on future cruises and get OBC too. I know all about them.

I am asking about the FCC that show up on your personalizer under cruise history. It says how many cruise credits I get per cruise. What are these used for and how many do you need to accumulate to be worth much? I tried the search thread and most seem to be discussing FCD's, not the Cruise Credits.

Thanks for your help. I have a decent amount (I guess) and wondering what to do with them.

Pooh

If you are looking at the "Circle Savings Account" portion the Future Cruise Credits listed there are what are called Future Cruise Deposits most of the time. If you are actually looking at the "Cruise History" section then the "Cruise Credits" shown there are merely how many credits you have earned toward Elite status (or whatever your next status level would be). Normally one Cruise Credit per voyage. Singles earn 2 credits per voyage. Full suites earn 2 credits per voyage and singles in a full suite earn 3 credits per voyage. Status changes are based on the number of days at sea with Princess or on the number of Cruise Credits one has - not necessarily the same as the number of voyages.

If you go to your "upcoming cruises" page in the personalizer, at the top of the list of upcoming cruises will be "cruise credits" ($100 increments) and "onboard cruises" (usually in $15 increments with exception). Drill down on either of these headings and you will see two 3 boxes with the first labeled "Future Cruise Credits" which is a list of your active FCD made and perhaps some of the ones that have been applied to coming cruises. Each of the ones you have not used ($100/FCD) is what was listed on the upcoming cruises page as "future cruise credits".

The second box labeled "onboard credits" is the minimum OBC you can earn after using any FCD's you have purchased and not used, The minimum is $15 for a short cruise. If you book a longer cruise, you can earn up to $150 of course. The total will be listed on the upcoming cruises page as "onboard credits". The one exception to this total is if you registered as a military veteran and will have $50 added to the total of your onboard credits.

The confusion comes from Princess' use of the label FCC which has several meanings and is so very helpful. Add in the dual use of the sources of OBC and we have perfect confusion in most pax mind.