Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Many of you have checked out my reviews in the past. This one will be a little different because my mom come along on this cruise. I booked this cruise three weeks prior to our cruise date as a gift to my parents for their 37th Wedding Anniversary.

We cruised on the Carnival Pride from July 27th to August 3rd with a pre-cruise day in Baltimore, MD.

There will be lots and lots of photos. Feel free to ask any and all questions and I will do my best to answer them.

I hope you all enjoy my cruise review of the Carnival Pride :)

Many of you have checked out my reviews in the past. This one will be a little different because my mom come along on this cruise. I booked this cruise three weeks prior to our cruise date as a gift to my parents for their 37th Wedding Anniversary.

We cruised on the Carnival Pride from July 27th to August 3rd with a pre-cruise day in Baltimore, MD.

There will be lots and lots of photos. Feel free to ask any and all questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Looking forward to your review, wrigley.

Well we are from northern Illinois so Baltimore is the closest port that we can drive to. It was about a 13 hour drive....which was LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG but the price for airfare was more than double what I paid for the cruise so I wasn't about to fly. We started the drive out on Friday, July 25th once I got off work and we drove all the way to eastern Ohio before stopping.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014001_zps4151fd07.jpg

Driving through Southwest Pennsylvania

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014002_zps0288763a.jpg

Going through the Allegheny Mountain Tunnel in eastern Pennsylvania

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014003_zps93695378.jpg

It didn't seem like it was ever going to end ;)

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014004_zpsb56a923d.jpg

I see the light at the end of the tunnel...haha see what I did there :p

OK good I wanted to make sure the photos were posting correctly before I went too far with the review. I had issues with photobucket on my last review.

I will continue on tomorrow morning at work.....it'll give me something to do :p

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!!!

Hi Wrigley, I love reading your reviews. And love the wonderful relationship you have with your Dad. I lost mine when i was 26 years old. Would have absolutely loved to take him on a cruise. Can't wait to read your review!

Well we are from northern Illinois so Baltimore is the closest port that we can drive to. It was about a 13 hour drive....which was LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG but the price for airfare was more than double what I paid for the cruise so I wasn't about to fly. We started the drive out on Friday, July 25th once I got off work and we drove all the way to eastern Ohio before stopping.

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014001_zps4151fd07.jpg

Driving through Southwest Pennsylvania

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014002_zps0288763a.jpg

Going through the Allegheny Mountain Tunnel in eastern Pennsylvania

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014003_zps93695378.jpg

It didn't seem like it was ever going to end ;)

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014004_zpsb56a923d.jpg

I see the light at the end of the tunnel...haha see what I did there :p

Yaaaa!!! I've been eagerly looking forward to your Pride review. I have to comment already that these pictures are SO familiar!!! The good ole PA Turnpike (aka I70/76). And the Allegheny Mountain Tunnel - I can't count the number of times we've been through it and have a few pictures of it, even during the winter time. It's just east of Somerset, PA and is very close to the Flight 93 National Memorial site. You mentioned that you left Illinois on 7/25 and I had been in Southwestern PA, where I grew up, for a week and returned to VA on 7/25 and took this route. If you'd left a day earlier, we probably would have been in this area at the same time. Did you take I-70 from the Breezewood, PA, exit to get to Baltimore? We take that route to get back here to VA, but get off 70 right as you get into Maryland and head south on back roads.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of your review. I just love your reviews!!!

Edited by pghsteelerfan