I can't believe it! MSC online did something right!

tallnthensome

My April Seaside cruise is about 80 something days out. I finished my check-info and what do you know, MSC sent an email immediately with a PDF file containing my cruise tickets, luggage tags, credits, purchases like excursions and drink packages, etc. It said on the site you could't print tickets unless you were 20 days out. Now I don't have to wait! It's all correct too! :) My faith is being restored that we might actually get thru this and actually get on the ship! For those having website problems or disappearing bookings hang in there!

My April Seaside cruise is about 80 something days out. I finished my check-info and what do you know, MSC sent an email immediately with a PDF file containing my cruise tickets, luggage tags, credits, purchases like excursions and drink packages, etc. It said on the site you could't print tickets unless you were 20 days out. Now I don't have to wait! It's all correct too! :) My faith is being restored that we might actually get thru this and actually get on the ship! For those having website problems or disappearing bookings hang in there!

We got ours 30 days out!

We got ours 30 days out!

After reading your comment, I had to try mine. I finished the web check-in and sure enough I received all my E-Docs and everything is in order. I'm still 70 or so days out.
There is no rhyme or reason with this cruise line. Consistently inconsistent. 30 days and 70 days out...we split the difference and had ours at 50 in early December for our late January sailing.

Same here did our online check in Sunday and immediately received documents, we sail on the 17th February!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you have to take a photo of yourself before the tickets were issued? We booked through the German site and it's optional to take a security photo. I declined, but it still says online check in has not been completed. No worries as I'm not travelling for another month, but just interested to know if the UK site was the same.

You mentioned drink packages. Were you able to book them online? I have looked and looked, and can't find a way to do it. Very strange.

Thank you!

Nope! They were they when I booked my cruise online but were gone and have been gone for the longest time. I had to call in and buy them through customer service.

Did you have to take a photo of yourself before the tickets were issued? We booked through the German site and it's optional to take a security photo. I declined, but it still says online check in has not been completed. No worries as I'm not travelling for another month, but just interested to know if the UK site was the same.
It is optional to take a security photo on the US site as well. I skipped that step for all four of us and it didn't matter. Tickets were issued without doing it.

I didn't even see where you can do that....so no, we didn't do it. Our docs came to my email, unsolicited.

I did web check in for our cruise in March. It said "completed, contact your TA for your edocs".... Mmm, we booked direct with MSC! Undeterred we called them, to be told no docs till 21 days before we sail. We'll wait and see.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I finished payment, purchased dining trio, canceled dining trio and purchased chefs table all on line! All in the same day!! The website seems to be getting better . I received my paid in full invoice right away!

Now, I have to wait 99 days lol️[emoji267][emoji267][emoji898][emoji898] happy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the same thing that has happened for me when doing the online check-in for our upcoming cruise in March. This is on the Ireland website (though the booking is with MSC UK direct). Because I haven't uploaded our photos, it advises that the check-in hasn't been completed. This is the first time this has happened. I didn't have to upload photos when doing the online check-in for our December cruise.

This is the same thing that has happened for me when doing the online check-in for our upcoming cruise in March. This is on the Ireland website (though the booking is with MSC UK direct). Because I haven't uploaded our photos, it advises that the check-in hasn't been completed. This is the first time this has happened. I didn't have to upload photos when doing the online check-in for our December cruise.

I'm going to the hairdressers this afternoon so I've got make up on and I'll have tidy hair when I get back (I hope). Might be a good time to get the webcam up and running :')

We weren't asked to upload pictures for our last cruise but I'll check when I check in for our sailing in march. I'll be delaying that until my next hair appointment now ;)

We haven't been asked for a photo at all.

We weren't asked to upload pictures for our last cruise but I'll check when I check in for our sailing in march. I'll be delaying that until my next hair appointment now ;)[/quote

I checked in for our March Splendida cruise today and I had the option to upload pictures this time.

At present my cruise and the extras booked are all appearing correctly :D