Feedback from Bella cruisers- overflow dining

BestNC Cruiser

I would be interested in knowing how much this has actually occurred. We have the Bella experience for our cruise this coming May.

Thats what I am interested in. I have read whole treads based on it. But its all people complaining of the idea of it, but no feedback from anyone actually having to do it.

We were on the Christmas sailing, had Bella Oceanview room but we were assigned to Deck 6 Ipanema room. I accidentally walked into the Market Place dinning room at one night (didn't realize they make it a dinning room), it actually feels much quieter than the dinning room we were at. The dining room we were at was no where near quiet at all, plus there were thunder like noise occasionally, that we later found that was the noise from deck 7 bowling alley, we weren't bother by the noise, but if you are looking for a quieter dinning experience, Market Place might be better than Ipanema IMO.

We were on the Christmas sailing, had Bella Oceanview room but we were assigned to Deck 6 Ipanema room. I accidentally walked into the Market Place dinning room at one night (didn't realize they make it a dinning room), it actually feels much quieter than the dinning room we were at. The dining room we were at was no where near quiet at all, plus there were thunder like noise occasionally, that we later found that was the noise from deck 7 bowling alley, we weren't bother by the noise, but if you are looking for a quieter dinning experience, Market Place might be better than Ipanema IMO.

Thanks for the feedback. The way some people are carrying on about it, I was picturing sitting on the floor in a corner while they threw food at you.

Thanks for that observation.

Thanks for the feedback. The way some people are carrying on about it, I was picturing sitting on the floor in a corner while they threw food at you.

Thank you for that info..we will be going in july so that comment is very useful..thank you,,mike...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the threads has pictures of how it is set up for the evening, it looks like a very contemporary restaurant and you have the bonus of panoramic windows. As others have said it is a shame MSC didn't call it the Market Place restaurant and stated it was a 3rd MDR in the evening which would've prevented the understandable misconception that you were going to be having an evening meal in the middle of a buffet area....or in the corner catching the food thrown at you ;)

One of the threads has pictures of how it is set up for the evening, it looks like a very contemporary restaurant and you have the bonus of panoramic windows. As others have said it is a shame MSC didn't call it the Market Place restaurant and stated it was a 3rd MDR in the evening which would've prevented the understandable misconception that you were going to be having an evening meal in the middle of a buffet area....or in the corner catching the food thrown at you ;)

You are having a meal in the middle of the buffet area right next to the buffet line with stacked plates and stuff. Putting a table cloth and having a waiter improves service but there’s not much “transforming” it’s still dinner in the middle of the buffet set up...you can’t get around that

You are having a meal in the middle of the buffet area right next to the buffet line with stacked plates and stuff. Putting a table cloth and having a waiter improves service but there’s not much “transforming” it’s still dinner in the middle of the buffet set up...you can’t get around that

Is that how it really is? In the middle of the buffet area next to the buffet line? I thought it transformed into a restaurant and the buffet portion was closed.:confused:

Sorry...But I have to call BS on this. No way cruise line would leave plates out and they wouldn't be used until morning!!. Health/sanitation issue

I was hoping we could reserve this thread for Bella cruisers who have observations and experience from dining and questions from future Bella cruisers. I know people have their opinions on the matter but there is already a few threads on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure where your coming from???? What I've read so far it seems all about the Bella dining. Some of us are just questioning feedback from a certain individual....which does relate to Bella dining and I Know I would want clarified if I would be eating is this area.

I'm Bella in March and I am very interested in other's experiences, & appreciate OP trying to get facts. I don't want to hear opinions, or someone scolding others for their opinions. So, to be very upfront, if you haven't sailed on the Seaside as a Bella cruiser, then please Ssshhh.

Thank you BlueSLC for sharing your experience.

Admiral ... you are not doing yourself or future cruisers any good by constantly trotting this out! time to give it a rest.

Wish there was a "like" button on CC ...this post deserves it