Are Elite Perks Generous Enough?

need2cruisesoon

We also don't know what the cutoff would be. While there are often 1000 or more elites, raising the cutoff line would greatly reduce the eligible passengers. The cutoff for the Most Traveled Passenger events is often in the 400s or higher. The 40 highest total sea days are invited. So making the cutoff at 500 would usually limit this perk to 50 to 100 passengers.

That's a tricky calaculation because I always thought it was the 20 most travelled and whoever travels with them who often have about the same number of days, but if one of them is in a cabin with someone not qualifying they can still take that other person as their guest, or even some other person they might like to invite.

I really wouldn't like to have to work that one out.

And its further complicated by some passengers who are invited do not RSVP positively - so the invites go down the line..................

We really like the Mini-bar, free laundry and the free 250 minutes per person on internet. We always attend the free Grapevine wine tasting because we like wine! We receive the $25 per person Loyalty OBC which is also a nice little perk.

My complaints have to do with the Mini-bar. First of all, Princess gives us just 1 mini-bar despite fact that both of us are Elite. It is my understanding that they give same mini-bar for 2 elites in a cabin as they provide for just 1 elite in a cabin. For example, when we brought 2 grandchildren with us on a cruise, and booked 2 cabins, each with a grandparent & a grandchild in it. And we got 2 full mini-bars for that trip. My second complaint about the mini-bar is that we get only 1 mini-bar despite the length of the cruise, be it a 5 day, 7 day, a 14 day or longer cruise. Give more bottles for a 10 day or a 14 day cruise, etc, OR replenish it at a certain point during the longer cruise. (Especially since we are forebidden to carry-on any liquor to use in our cabin!)

Finally allow us to purchase any mixed drink at the special price during the daily Elite cocktail hour, not just that odd assortment of drinks that are presently allowed.

I totally agree. We use to take our grown son with us in a suite but have found it is cheaper to put him solo in an inside cabin across the hall. Then this same situation came up so I booked him with my husband in the suite and I took the inside. He received two mini set ups in the suite and I received one being elite in my cabin.

I wonder what happens when two unmarried elites share a cabin - different last names. Although it does state one mini bar per cabin. The Chef Table gives different last name people in the same cabin each a cookbook but a married couple only gets one.

That's a tricky calaculation because I always thought it was the 20 most travelled and whoever travels with them who often have about the same number of days, but if one of them is in a cabin with someone not qualifying they can still take that other person as their guest, or even some other person they might like to invite.

I really wouldn't like to have to work that one out.

And its further complicated by some passengers who are invited do not RSVP positively - so the invites go down the line..................

The person sharing a cabin with a MTP is invited to the function. In most cases both are qualified. In our case my wife and I have the same number of cruise days, so we make it or not.

I believe the Captain's Circle Rep will chase down the people who do not RSVP. If some decline, they are replaced by the next most traveled.

I am just curious, where did you get this. I have never seen it before.

Since it says Princess Academy in the upper right-hand corner, it appears to be from a travel agent seminar or Princess’ in house training I would think?

I totally agree. We use to take our grown son with us in a suite but have found it is cheaper to put him solo in an inside cabin across the hall. Then this same situation came up so I booked him with my husband in the suite and I took the inside. He received two mini set ups in the suite and I received one being elite in my cabin.

I wonder what happens when two unmarried elites share a cabin - different last names. Although it does state one mini bar per cabin. The Chef Table gives different last name people in the same cabin each a cookbook but a married couple only gets one.

How did the suite amenities work for you booked in the inside cabin? Did you still get to have breakfast in the specialty restaurant?

I've always disagreed with the cookbook policy for the Chef's Table. We always received a copy each since we're two guys. When a married lesbian couple was at our table, they both received a copy of the cookbook and a rose. It seems like every person who ponies up that much money for the meal should receive a cookbook. We gave away our extra copies as gifts.

So what happens if you have 52?

And if you are sharing a cabin but unrelated don't you both get it if you qualify with the number of cruises?

52 previous credits or more gets the $100. The 53 was a typo.

As there is supposed to be only one such loyalty credit per cabin, there theoretically is no time that two people in a cabin will get it. However, as some posts earlier say, sometimes two people do get it if unrelated or related with different home addresses.

Since it says Princess Academy in the upper right-hand corner, it appears to be from a travel agent seminar or Princess’ in house training I would think?

It was from a travel agent seminar course to become a Commodore. I just don't understand why Princess doesn't openly advertise it any longer. If anything couldn't it (the loyalty portion) inspire people to cruise more without antagonizing the general public?

Yep, just what I want.

A jar of peanuts that someone else has dumped in their hands & gone through picking out what they wanted & then put back for others to enjoy. :rolleyes:

You don't think for one minute they throw away the partially emptied jars at the end of each night. ;)

They should eliminate those jars from all the repeater parties or replace them with individual packs of peanuts or nuts on each table or hand them out like on the airplanes.

How did the suite amenities work for you booked in the inside cabin? Did you still get to have breakfast in the specialty restaurant?

I've always disagreed with the cookbook policy for the Chef's Table. We always received a copy each since we're two guys. When a married lesbian couple was at our table, they both received a copy of the cookbook and a rose. It seems like every person who ponies up that much money for the meal should receive a cookbook. We gave away our extra copies as gifts.

I switched rooms with my son. I went to Sabitini's with my husband half the time and our son slept in. Just told the he'd waiter I was coming instead of our son. My son and I went scuba diving in most of the ports and just ordered room service those mornings since we left ealy.

Since I am elite, I received free laundry and our son is platinum and with being booked in the suite, he received free laundry. Not that big of a deal since we don't send alot down. MDR meals from room service will send as much as you need. Don't think there were any other suites perks. My dh doesn't use many of his internet minutes so our son used his. Still think suites should get some free minutes. Going from unlimited to nothing was not RIGHT!

And we received 3 minibar setups. 2 for dh - 1 suite & 1 elite and 1 elite for me. Like others have said, the minibar is an elite perk so every elite should get one, not one per cabin. Although we have been getting the drink package lately so there have been a lot of leftovers.

And we received 3 minibar setups. 2 for dh - 1 suite & 1 elite and 1 elite for me. Like others have said, the minibar is an elite perk so every elite should get one, not one per cabin.

Everyone on this thread is saying that they wish the minibar was per person, not per cabin.

But the rules say one per cabin.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

Elite Stateroom Amenities Package

Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**

Your stateroom will receive one mini bar set up consisting of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once onboard you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply. Drinks will be refilled upon request and you will only be charged for the additionally requested drinks consumed.

Wasn't it $500,000 previously?

I noticed that too...:D but I am not telling where..I need to get back to reality and away from the boards.....:eek:

If i Am starting to remember stuff like that I need a life....

Edited by land lover

Platinum and Elites used to get free unlimited internet also.

I remember when they took the benefit away from suites...one guy posted, "but how am I gng to work."

At that time I did not understand the concept of cruise and work.

Times have certainly changed and so have cruisers and cruise lines.

But, I haven't, still want to be totally unconnected........

Unfortunately, some people abused it. Some were selling their account name & password. So Princess restricted the award.

Princess actually said it wasn't due to abuse but due to a new system being implemented. They also indicated it would not affect more than 3-5% of their passengers (or whatever small amount they mentioned). Not sure how correct that is but I doubt that many people at that time used it extensively. Maybe it was the 3-5% who were abusing it. It was so long ago, I doubt that many people were abusing it back then.

I am one that really doesn't have a replacement back at work for when I am gone so I do like to stay connected. I am smart and download all of my emails, disconnect and then reply off line and re-connect to send.

There are some here that blame the Suite changes to abuse and I think it is a low percent that probably abused that also.

This is the only benefit that I actually want. I could careless about the others.

Platinum and Elites used to get free unlimited internet also.

When that was offered, the only passenger Internet devices were the computers in the Internet Cafe and the computers in full suites. Probably less than 50 total.

These days the average passenger has at least one Internet capable device. Unlimited Internet for free for a couple of thousand people is really impractical from a cost and bandwidth viewpoint.

When that was offered, the only passenger Internet devices were the computers in the Internet Cafe and the computers in full suites. Probably less than 50 total.

They had laptops that one could check out at the Passenger Services desk also.

Honestly - I don't think the cost is impractical. Internet is cheap to buy. Even on a ship. It is a huge cash hog for ships. They also charged far less per minute than they currently do. Why they charge now is unreasonable.

These days the average passenger has at least one Internet capable device. Unlimited Internet for free for a couple of thousand people is really impractical from a cost and bandwidth viewpoint.

I wonder if it's been exceptionally slow on the Regal recently since they gave everyone free internet as a perk for not having the ***** working?