Passport Stamps - Amber Cove and Grand Turk

qianabb

Does anyone know where you can get your passport stamped at Amber Cove or Grand Turk? Or if it’s even possible ? I wasn’t sure it was possible but I did see someone post that they had their passport stamped in the Bahamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they got t stamped in the Bahamas it was probably in Nassau. They used to do that in the little post office in the Welcome Center. But since they have been renovating it and all of the vendors are outside, I haven't checked to see if it is still there. I have never seen a place to do it at Grand Turk. Never been to Amber Cove, but like GT, it is a Carnival Corp. created port. EM

• 3 weeks later...
If they got t stamped in the Bahamas it was probably in Nassau. They used to do that in the little post office in the Welcome Center. But since they have been renovating it and all of the vendors are outside, I haven't checked to see if it is still there. I have never seen a place to do it at Grand Turk. Never been to Amber Cove, but like GT, it is a Carnival Corp. created port. EM

Thank you for your reply

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Updates from 2023 Dec:

Nassau: At port ask any local person for the direction of the immigration office. It is a small building at the outer area of the port. You can get the official stamp there for free.

Amber Cove: Very easy. A stand at the port to stamp the souvenir stamp for free.

Grand Turk: You have to go downtown to get the official stamp. Search "Ministry of Border Control and Employment" for the exact address. When I come to the port the original Post Office booth is closed. 

13 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Be aware souvenir stamps in a US passport are illegal.

You are right - can invalidate your passport if you need to send it off for a visa for some countries.  Same with taking great care of the condition of your passport, as damage can invalidate that as well.

• Like 1

Some countries require a certain number of blank pages in your passport before granting entry.  Get a souvenir notebook and get the souvenir stamps in that.