MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Ernie ... The Inside cabins on 16 do not come level with the hallway wall on the plans on cruise deck plans, they are slightly set back whereas those on 18 form a continuous wall in a straight line.

It also appears that there are no entrances to the YC lounge on 16 and only one on the Port side of 18! I can only guess that this would be a mistake.

Edited by sidari

I'll be right next door, same cruise.

I'm also curious if the YC insides are larger on Deck 18. They look it on the deck plan. They were not available when I booked a very long time ago. I know two are wheelchair accessible, but I'm talking about the other three on Deck 18. 18031 looks especially large and an interesting shape.

We are very quiet so don't worry. I've enjoyed many of your posts. Looking forward to meeting you. Bob

Ernie ... The Inside cabins on 16 do not come level with the hallway wall on the plans on cruise deck plans, they are slightly set back whereas those on 18 form a continuous wall in a straight line.

It also appears that there are no entrances to the YC lounge on 16 and only one on the Port side of 18! I can only guess that this would be a mistake.

Isn’t that what I said? Lol.

I’m sure there are YC Lounge entrances on 16. No way they are funneling everyone through the restaurant.

Since these deck plans are a very simplified version of detailed architectural drawings, it’s hard to say how accurate they are. Much can get lost in translation. This being said, MSC has much more detailed deck plans than many cruise lines.

I am glad that someone else sees the YC insides are bigger on the deck plan compared to those on 16.

Isn’t that what I said? Lol.

I’m sure there are YC Lounge entrances on 16. No way they are funneling everyone through the restaurant.

Since these deck plans are a very simplified version of detailed architectural drawings, it’s hard to say how accurate they are. Much can get lost in translation. This being said, MSC has much more detailed deck plans than many cruise lines.

I am glad that someone else sees the YC insides are bigger on the deck plan compared to those on 16.

Having looked over them again (and zoomed in!) I concede that they do indeed look bigger. It seems strange though that the ones on deck 16 are slightly recessed from the corridor... when they could be the same length as the ones on 18 if not for the recess.

I am inclined to agree that it may just be an anomaly on how the deck plans have been drawn up. Current descriptions of the cabins all state the same cabin size.

I am inclined to agree that it may just be an anomaly on how the deck plans have been drawn up. Current descriptions of the cabins all state the same cabin size.

I would not put too much faith in MSC cabin size dimensions. They are not exactly known for the accuracy.

This being said I would tend to agree the insides on 16 and 18 will likely be the same size. Mainly because all the cabins are pre-fabricated off-site and then slid into place. The entire goal of pre-fabrication is uniformity and by having most cabins the same size it speeds up production and reduces cost. But even with pre-fabrication there are variations as required by the design of the ship. For instance that L-shaped inside on Deck 18. Who knows if it will really be that shape and size until someone actually posts pictures. Just another one of those little SEASIDE mysteries, at least for a little while longer. All part of the fun of a prototype new build. The element of surprise.

I would not put too much faith in MSC cabin size dimensions. They are not exactly known for the accuracy.

This being said I would tend to agree the insides on 16 and 18 will likely be the same size. Mainly because all the cabins are pre-fabricated off-site and then slid into place. The entire goal of pre-fabrication is uniformity and by having most cabins the same size it speeds up production and reduces cost. But even with pre-fabrication there are variations as required by the design of the ship. For instance that L-shaped inside on Deck 18. Who knows if it will really be that shape and size until someone actually posts pictures. Just another one of those little SEASIDE mysteries, at least for a little while longer. All part of the fun of a prototype new build. The element of surprise.

All very true! Above all else I'm interested to see whether the room will actually come with the two armchairs as shown in the renderings. Meraviglia showed a similar setup for YC interiors, but they never materialised.

I’m hoping for a sofa. The dimensions listed are certainly large enough for one. The YC insides on Meraviglia are smaller and looks like they just copied the layout diagram over to Seaside. The lazy way. In reality who knows?

We have been seeing lots of great photos of Seaside. I'm more excited than ever to sail on this amazing ship. While I've seen some pics of the gym, I haven't really seen any of the spa area except I think one treatment room. I'm really interested if there is a spa pool (thalassotherapy pool) onboard. You know the spa pools with jets and submerged metal beds you lie on with the bubbles coming up underneath you. Looking at the deck plan of the spa, the rectangle just beneath the words "wellness" appears to be a pool, with a stairs going down into it. I'm hoping this is the case. Maybe those are heated loungers around it? There is a blank space on the deck below indicating space for the pool well.

Anyway would love to see photos of it!

38558395502_07dffc56d6_o.png

Actually I answered my own question. Here is a detailed diagram of the spa area. They have that pool labeled as a whirlpool. I'm guess it's more of a thero-pool.

There is a snow room and salt room (experience both on Norwegian Escape). Pretty cool!

38534291216_b9407b3b03_b.jpg

Actually I answered my own question. Here is a detailed diagram of the spa area. They have that pool labeled as a whirlpool. I'm guess it's more of a thero-pool.

There is a snow room and salt room (experience both on Norwegian Escape). Pretty cool!

I just saw a snow room for the first time two weeks ago when I toured the Viking Sky! Seems a little gimmicky, but if you’re really in to wellness I guess it’s a perk!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SD ... Remember the coloured diagram that someone else posted with the gold carpet ? well it is not too far away from that.

It was a decent guess I have to say, no idea if he got the sun loungers right yet or not ... :confused:

I wonder if the spa will have separate spa-like rooms for men and women or if they will just be plain locker rooms. Did not see anything indicating the location of the men’s and women’s sections in the picture below.

I just hope it’s a great spa. We enjoy having access and that’s part of why we booked Aurea on Seaside. We purchased the spa access on Koningsdam (HAL) and used it everyday. Love seeing the videos posted each day by Captain Scala. We are excited for 1/27/18!

I would greatly appreciate it (as well as my soon-to-be 6 year old) if someone can share the height requirements for the slides. Hoping one of you December cruisers can pass that info along. TIA!