Coffee card available

Just checked my cruise planner (Liberty, Feb 2017), and saw RCI is now offering a 15 punch coffee card for the specialty coffees for $31 plus the usual 18% gratuity.

That's just over $2 per coffee, any size. We did this on the last two Princess cruises and it was well worth it!

Glad to see Royal Caribbean is doing it now!

Edited by tonyweir

I saw this too. However, I wonder if someone could enlighten me ... are you only allowed to use the punch card at certain times? I quote the coffee card description:

Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees.

It's quite confusing, especially the first line that says any time of the day. But then to say at the end of the description that you can enjoy your coffee at any time and save up to 50%?

Or I am reading too much in to it?

Edited by lordtopcat

I saw this too. However, I wonder if someone could enlighten me ... are you only allowed to use the punch card at certain times? I quote the coffee card description:

It's quite confusing, especially the first line that says any time of the day. But then to say at the end of the description that you can enjoy your coffee at any time and save up to 50%?

Or I am reading too much in to it?

YOu can use it any time. Those are illustrative suggestions, not a requirement.

Where would the card be used? In dining room or promenade? Certainly not valid at Starbucks, right (Oasis class)?

Thank you!

On Oasis class: Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants.

Be wary with this card for now, people have been reporting that it's a punch per espresso shot, not per drink. Ergo, a large counts as multiple punches which obviates most, if not all, the "value". I do hope that was a limited interpretation on one ship, but I've seen enough people complaining of it I'm wary.

I'm on oasis in a week, and will see which way they go.

Be wary with this card for now, people have been reporting that it's a punch per espresso shot, not per drink. Ergo, a large counts as multiple punches which obviates most, if not all, the "value". I do hope that was a limited interpretation on one ship, but I've seen enough people complaining of it I'm wary.

I'm on oasis in a week, and will see which way they go.

I'm interested too in whether its for any sizes or just that shot. On paper looks great but not sure when the it's actually applied, I can get any size of drink for free. Should be that way right?

Do keep us updated. Thanks.

I got this card as a gift for my upcoming Jewel cruise in February. I agree, it sounds like it should be per drink, but I can see how one could (who makes the money) could argue it could be per shot. Say a person just wants an espresso shot, they use it and its a punch. But another person gets a medium latte with 2 shots, how many punches? Hoping it is a drink with each punch. I would be happy with a medium each time.

• 2 weeks later...
On the Anthem the punch is for a regular size, not the larger sizes, even if you only have one shot.

What do you mean by regular? Regular to me is a medium size, which *should* have two shots of espresso in it. That's just the correct ratio. I can see if they only have 2 sizes, a regular and a large, that the card would only be for the regular.

What do you mean by regular? Regular to me is a medium size, which *should* have two shots of espresso in it. That's just the correct ratio. I can see if they only have 2 sizes, a regular and a large, that the card would only be for the regular.

Not being on the ship right now I forget what they call the different sizes but I do know the punch does not cover the larger sizes as per what the barista told me.

Not being on the ship right now I forget what they call the different sizes but I do know the punch does not cover the larger sizes as per what the barista told me.

I am on the Anthem right now. Small drink with one shot (tall in Starbucks lingo) equals one punch. Extra shots, iced drinks and grande size equals two punches.

I am on the Anthem right now. Small drink with one shot (tall in Starbucks lingo) equals one punch. Extra shots, iced drinks and grande size equals two punches.

RCI should make that quite clear on the website so that people know what they are buying.

RCI should make that quite clear on the website so that people know what they are buying.

I agree. I bought it for my upcoming cruise on Indy. I bought it to get iced coffees. I'm sharing it with my fiancé. 2 punches isn't with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our Liberty sailing last week I was able to get a large vanilla latte and a large vanilla iced coffee for just 1 punch. They would just ask what size and I'd say large and no problem.

On our Liberty sailing last week I was able to get a large vanilla latte and a large vanilla iced coffee for just 1 punch. They would just ask what size and I'd say large and no problem.

That is how it worked on the Jewel in November.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just checked my cruise planner (Liberty, Feb 2017), and saw RCI is now offering a 15 punch coffee card for the specialty coffees for $31 plus the usual 18% gratuity.

That's just over $2 per coffee, any size. We did this on the last two Princess cruises and it was well worth it!

Glad to see Royal Caribbean is doing it now!

The difference between RCCL and Princess is that Royals you cannot use on another cruise. It is only good for the cruise it is purchased on. At least that is what I read in my cruise planner for my Cruise later this year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 8 months later...
We just sailed on Vision. I asked and it was one punch per shot. DH prefers the iced drinks which are medium sized with 2 shots, I get iced or hot depending on my mood. So we decided not to get the cards.

Was it one punch, even for the largest size?