Mini Bar Charges Post Cruise

Can I ask what may be a silly question? We have paid for drinks package but from what I'm reading here am I right in thinking that the mini bar in your room is not included?

Correct. Mini-Bar is charged separately

Can I ask what may be a silly question? We have paid for drinks package but from what I'm reading here am I right in thinking that the mini bar in your room is not included?

No mini bar, no room service.

Thanks for your reply, can hardly believe you don't get at least water in the mini bar with the drinks package!!! Oh well guess if anyone is looking for me I'll be in the bar!! :')

quote=rvrocker;53025440]You got. The drink packages is bars and MDR. Not sure about speciality restaurants

There may be change in the air. Just read on the Royal Caribbean blog that minibars are now empty and you have to fill out an order forms to have it stocked

That happened a while back with the soda and snacks, but they still have bottles of water available.

I just had my first charge for 2 bottles of water that we didn't drink in March. (Anthem) It was the first time this happened to me and the money was refunded after a call.

While having lunch with an officer on that particular trip the subject of overcharges came up. I was surprised to hear the officer imply that Royal believes that most passengers who claim an overcharge are not being truthful. So sad.

If I had not been a CC member and read the posts I probably would not have known to check final bill on ship against bill they emailed me post cruise. We were charged for 2 bottles of water, neither of which we opened much less drank. People who do not read/post on CC have no way of knowing they are being ripped off.

Yes, I called and received my refund, but why must we do this after our cruiese? We received 4 bottles of water as Diamond members and when they were empty we brought bottles of water from Diamond Lounge. Why would I want to drink the water they left on shelf in room? Minibar was empty on arrival, thank Gd.

There may be change in the air. Just read on the Royal Caribbean blog that minibars are now empty and you have to fill out an order forms to have it stocked

That is what I saw on Adventure last week.

We were on Freedom a couple of weeks ago. The mini bar fridge was empty and there were no bottles of water for purchase in our room when we arrived but there was a form we could fill out if we wanted the fridge restocked. We didn't. We still had a $12 charge on our visa after we got home. When we looked at our bill it was listed as "mini bar." Not sure how that was possible since the fridge was empty the entire time.

Had a charge for $6.14 after our Grandeur cruise. I noticed the charge when I received my Visa bill. I called Royal and was told mini bar charge and I said for what the fridge was empty except for 1 bottle of Evian water which was there and I left it there. He asked me if there there were other bottles of water in our room for purchase and I said no. We are D+ so we get 4 bottles of water. My husband spends a lot of time in the cabin and he said no one ever came by to check unless they did it when we were at breakfast or dinner. Anyway look over your Visa bill when you get it because this charge does not appear on your final statement last morning of cruise.

I just had my first charge for 2 bottles of water that we didn't drink in March. (Anthem) It was the first time this happened to me and the money was refunded after a call.

While having lunch with an officer on that particular trip the subject of overcharges came up. I was surprised to hear the officer imply that Royal believes that most passengers who claim an overcharge are not being truthful. So sad.

That is really sad to read.

We were on Freedom a couple of weeks ago. The mini bar fridge was empty and there were no bottles of water for purchase in our room when we arrived but there was a form we could fill out if we wanted the fridge restocked. We didn't. We still had a $12 charge on our visa after we got home. When we looked at our bill it was listed as "mini bar." Not sure how that was possible since the fridge was empty the entire time.

Apparently, a trivial point like and empty fridge isn't going to deter RCI. And they have the nerve to accuse the passengers of being non-truthful.:rolleyes:

If I had not been a CC member and read the posts I probably would not have known to check final bill on ship against bill they emailed me post cruise. We were charged for 2 bottles of water, neither of which we opened much less drank. People who do not read/post on CC have no way of knowing they are being ripped off.

Yes, I called and received my refund, but why must we do this after our cruiese? We received 4 bottles of water as Diamond members and when they were empty we brought bottles of water from Diamond Lounge. Why would I want to drink the water they left on shelf in room? Minibar was empty on arrival, thank Gd.

People who don't read Cruise Critic get a copy of their on board charges and should verify that the correct dollar amount hits their credit card. Anyone who doesn't verify the charges that are posted to their credit card, from any vendor, is just asking for trouble.

People who don't read Cruise Critic get a copy of their on board charges and should verify that the correct dollar amount hits their credit card. Anyone who doesn't verify the charges that are posted to their credit card, from any vendor, is just asking for trouble.
I am not quite sure how to read this. Of course we are all responsible for our own credit card accounts, BUT if you are implying that RCI is free to steal from unmonitored accounts, I will strongly disagree. And IMO this has progressed from incompetence to theft. I remain willing to hear the RCI side of fhe story, but as far as I can tell RCI has not deemed this worthy of comment. 2 officers of WellsFargo lost over $60 Million each in retirement over something very similar- no direct order to do this crap, BUT should have known what was going on. Are you listening Michael? Or are you so arrogant that you think this couldn't happen to you?

Why would I want to drink the water they left on shelf in room?

Because it's Evian vs. the no name brand water you get as the D perk.

Biker, who wonders how many D and up members mistakenly drink the Evian thinking it's their free perk water.

Me too. Just received my credit card bill, 10 days after returning from our cruise (April 29) and, sure enough, a $6.19 charge. I keep all of my receipts and compare them to my final bill. The $6.19 was a SECOND charge on the same day as my full bill was charged.

Interestingly, there was no mini bar in our room and when I asked that the Evian water be removed, the cabin attendant fought with me and insisted that it be left in the room. It remained there when we left.

This is not a glitch.

A question about drinks in general not mini bar, we have bought drinks package so I understand this only covers drinks in mdr and bars but does it cover the 18% tax or is that charged to your credit card?

A question about drinks in general not mini bar, we have bought drinks package so I understand this only covers drinks in mdr and bars but does it cover the 18% tax or is that charged to your credit card?

You pay the 18% gratuity at the time you purchase the drink package. No additional gratuity is charged when you order drinks, unless the drink you order exceeds the value limit of the package, in which case you will be charged the difference plus 18%.

I feel rather insulted by this. :evilsmile:

Royal of course is the one not being truthful. This is such a scam and wonder why it is still being continued.

This happened to us also. We got off the Anthem April 29, the final bill we got on the ship looked fine. A couple days later I checked my credit card and the charge from Royal was $12.36 more than the final bill. I had seen a thread on this a while back before we went on the cruise so I knew what the charge was for. I called and the charge was reversed, but the woman I talked to asked me where the water bottles were. I told her they were on the back of the desk area, they were not in the way so we never moved them the whole time. Then she asked me several times if they were still there when we left. I had to insist that we did not drink the water, and they were still on the desk when we left. Since this seems to be a frequent issue I thought that was insulting!

Thanks to those who posted about this and for posting the phone number to call.