Real maple syrup?

Is the "maple syrup" onboard real pure maple syrup, or is it the maple flavored corn syrup that is more typically served in American restaurants?

We're on the Radiance of the Seas, Alaska, if that makes a difference (but I would guess it's probably the same across the whole line).

Thanks.

Is the "maple syrup" onboard real pure maple syrup' date=' or is it the maple flavored corn syrup that is more typically served in American restaurants?

We're on the Radiance of the Seas, Alaska, if that makes a difference (but I would guess it's probably the same across the whole line).

Thanks.[/quote']

LOL no it is not maple syrup from Canada or anything, that stuff is expensive.

We take our own VERMONT maple syrup with us and also small containers to give to the crew. We would be stopped at the border if we ever used that corn syrup.:eek::D

That is nice of you, does the crew say that vermont maple syrup is not the same as QUEBEC Maple Syrup ?

Why you had to capitalize vermont I don't know.

That is nice of you, does the crew say that vermont maple syrup is not the same as QUEBEC Maple Syrup ?

Why you had to capitalize vermont I don't know.

...........because it is the best in the world....:D......all I know they tell me it is way better than the corn sugar stuff.;)

Thanks! I'll bring my own -- it won't be the first time I've traveled with syrup in tow. I thought I remembered that HAL had real maple syrup on request on the MDR (I might be mis-remembering that) so I thought it was worth asking.

I do think it's funny that maple syrup is the one thing that is not "real" unless it specifically says it is ... The maple lobby needs to get on that!

That Quebec picture is funny, but they are talking about the fake stuff, not about syrup from trees in other parts of the world. :)

What's funny is that I grew up with a mom from Schenectady so she always had real syrup, and I despised it. I yearned for Log Cabin.

Then I ended up with a husband and son who react terribly to corn syrup, and truly cannot have the fake stuff. So it's back to syrup from trees for me. (which just seems so weird...tree blood...odd)

We just bring a few little bottles with us to use and to give to the crew as gifts. Yes we are from Vermont so we have easy access to different sizes to bring.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

we do also.....one trip we were in Newark N.J. and because of construction we had to exit and be re screened for security. We purchased our maple syrup at the BTV airport past security and you guessed it, we had to give up our liquid gold BUT we made a couple ticket agents very, very happy.