Question about food on board

Mbtor

I am planning to cruise for the first time and have a question about food. More specifically what is included or excluded.

I know that buffets are included and that specialty dinners (Cagney, teppanyaki) can be purchased but what about other restaurants on board. For instance I keep reading about O'Sheehans. I've read that you can get free wings there but by saying one dish is free does that imply that there are fees for other meals on the menu? Is this for most restaurants?

Thank you for any help

I am planning to cruise for the first time and have a question about food. More specifically what is included or excluded.

I know that buffets are included and that specialty dinners (Cagney, teppanyaki) can be purchased but what about other restaurants on board. For instance I keep reading about O'Sheehans. I've read that you can get free wings there but by saying one dish is free does that imply that there are fees for other meals on the menu? Is this for most restaurants?

Thank you for any help

Consider the buffet, the Main Dining Rooms (MDR), O'Sheehans, and the other grills that might be available depending on the ship, to be free food places. Virtually everything in those is part of your cruise price. There are a very few items in the MDR and O'Sheehans that do have a charge. But not many and they will be clearly listed as such. And the ships that have the Asian restaurant, it is free also. There will be a lot to eat without any additional charge!

It's well posted if something incurs a charge. As long as you know ahead which restaurants are included (MDR, o Sheehans, jasmine garden, etc), if there's no price listed it's free... if there's a price listed it's additional cost

MDR example, you can see that a couple entrees like the lobster tail, incur a charge, but everything else is free

fe2c158ba21cbcb44d2c42523149abbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Remember at the main dining room you can get two or more main entrées if you wish. Oh Sheehan the ice cream desserts are extra otherwise everything is included. We would get 45 wings actually got all the flavors and we just split them then one day we just went there and got three orders for myself. I never ate at any of the specialty restaurants and actually preferred the buffet over the main dining room. The buffet had many many many options from typical American food to Asian Indian Middle Eastern and some things I really didn't know what they were. And if you wanted to eat healthy there was many options that were very healthy vegetarian I believe gluten-free.

Thanks for the pic. Do you happen to have any other (recent) sample menus?

Thanks!

It's well posted if something incurs a charge. As long as you know ahead which restaurants are included (MDR, o Sheehans, jasmine garden, etc), if there's no price listed it's free... if there's a price listed it's additional cost

MDR example, you can see that a couple entrees like the lobster tail, incur a charge, but everything else is free

fe2c158ba21cbcb44d2c42523149abbb.jpg

> Do you happen to have any other (recent) sample menus?

http://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/03/norwegian-escape-menus/

They are photos of the menus, none are supersharp and a couple are unreadable but most I was able to figure out.

Also, remember that actually NONE of the restaurants are free. You have simply already paid for them in your cruise fare.